SportsWrath

COREY WEBSTER IS HORRIBLE!!!

Dre180

i'm so tired of people making excuses for this guy. i don't care if he was a 2nd round pick, he was a complete waste of a pick. this guy has done absolutely nothing since he has stepped on the field, and any real giant fan will completely agree with me. when he came out of college all i heard was that although he's not great in coverage, he was supposed to be a pick machine. well guess what? he's neither. while i was at the game yesterday, i couldn't believe how many times this guy blew coverage...time and time again. now, i am not trying to degrade this giant team in any way, as they are far exceeding my expectations through the first 8 games. but there is no reason to play corey webster, when we have a guy fully capable of replacing him and doing a far better job. his name is R W MCQUARTES. "spider man" can't even compete with this guy. when madison comes back he and rw should be starting. i know some of you are going to attack me, defending webster til no end, that's fine if you can't accept the truth. but if you choose to do so, you must explain to me why webster deserves to start. and don't tell me about anything rw has done in the past, i am talking about what's hapening right now for this giants team. i am ready to give up on webster. if you can't show me ANYTHING in the first year + in the league then i don't think you have any game.

I wouldn't say he's horrible, but yes he didn't play very well yesterday. Twice I saw Carr throw out to the sideline and the wideout caught the ball, with Webster standing 5 yards off him.

By the way, there's a reason why McQuarters is a special nickel back in the league. If he became a full time starter I think he'd be exposed.That pass he broke up in the endzone yesterday was a complete fluke as he had no idea where the ball was.

I was very disappointed with Corey against the Texans. On that one pass in the flat, Corey didn't even try to make a tackle on the guy. But in the Seattle game, he made a great play on the ball for the INT.

I guess he's very inconsistent. I wouldn't give up on him just yet. He hasn't been picked on much this year, which is a good sign.

I will say one thing about the Will's, they were willing to step up and make a good tackle. This kid Webster tends to shy away from contact, look how he covers, a good ten feet off the receiver, get up and jam that sucker...................

they had no choice but do so based on all the catches and yards they allowed.

Webster plays WAAAAAAY to far back, like he is afraid of getting burnt all the time.

The Texans clearly did a good job gameplanning against Webster, as they knew how far back he played. He's gotta play up more. Especially on downs like third and 6, he plays back like 8 yards and allows a first down. That is painful to watch.

I wouldn't write him off yet, but our starters should be RW and Madison, not Web, he's too green and he is getting turned around a lot!

agreed , Webster is playing too far back and clearly has a hell of a lot still to learn. Madison and McQuarters have to be the starters.

I agree, and Grossmen picked on him ALL NIGHT! They knew he was weak and they exposed him to no end.

i can't believe how awful this guy is. he was no where near the reciever or the ball last night again. if this guy was a 7th round pick instead of a 2nd round pick, he wouldn't even be on the team, they would have cut his ass already..

I don't think you'll find a Giants Fan all day who is going to disagree w/ you......... RW was great last night.. Lovie saw how poor corey Webster is, he exposed it. I just didn't get our Defense last night.... first half we looked amazing, minus the last drive....... we put alot... ALOT of pressure on Rex and it paid off. I was ready for a second half shutout.........

Then we stopped all our blitzing......... it just ended.........

Corey Webster really showed his true colors last night. Is there anyone we can pick up to relieve this chump......

It looked like the Will's were out there again last night, at least on Corey's side

I have been one of the people saying give this guy a chance. Last night has all but changed my mind. He was horrible last night.

They were targeting him and he looked like a high school player. Maybee the answer is he just needs to keep making mistakes and LEARNING from them. Like going for that pic on third down, when he could have just lit up the reciever and forced a punt.

He sucked last night, but he was far from the reason there is an extra notch in the loss column