SportsWrath

"It's only 14-7! You're turning the game off now?"

Sephiroth

So after the Jennings fumble last night, I shut the game off, confident that my Giants would find a way to thoroughly embarrass themselves on Monday Night Football to the Eagles. My fiancee couldn't believe I was turning off the game, but after the Nikita Whitlock whiff on 4th-and-1, the strip (and later, the drop) of Larry Donnell, and the pick-6, I knew exactly how this was going to end. "I've seen this game a million times. It will be an embarrassing loss for the Giants."

That was the shorthand of it. The longhand is that I remember the games... the Carl Banks/Randall Cunningham game when I was 8 years old... the Brian Westbrook game against Fassel's Giants... the DeSean Jackson/Matt Fucking Dodge game... hell, the Eli first-down-scramble-and-fumble-untouched-on-the-slide game. I mean jeez... last year at this exact same point, LeSean McCoy had something like 100 rushing yards... and I looked at my dad before the game and said, "he'll have 200 this week" and I was right. Fucked up things happen to the Giants whenever these teams meet... whether it's Buddy Ryan's Eagles, or Andy Reid's or Chip Kelly's. They have had out number for as long as I've been alive (well... we did have a few years of the Rich Kotite Eagles, which was pretty nice).

You have to hope this is a one-game hiccup, and not the blueprint for beating this team week after week... but in the quarter and a half of football I watched last night, all the things that made me predict a 7-9 season were on full display.

Of course... every cloud has a silver lining.

Bill-Cowher-coaching.jpg

I give them credit for the win, but we lost it more than they won it. come on, you can't beat anyone playing like that, I hated to see the turnovers, but almost a 100 yards of STUPID penalties shows we are who I thought we were. TC was stupid for taking out Jennings and putting Williams in, they guy is horrible. and the INT out on the flat? :laugh:

I made it to the Eagles first TD of the second half, same reason. I kept hoping I was wrong, because the Eagles played like shit too, but I saw the mental tides turn after the Donnell strip int.

That is what worries me though, as bad as the Eagles played, from penalties going against them to the bad snap to twice having one drive extended by Giants penalties, they beat us like a dead horse. They figured out our offense early and capitalized on our own mistakes.

I made it to the Eagles first TD of the second half, same reason. I kept hoping I was wrong, because the Eagles played like shit too, but I saw the mental tides turn after the Donnell strip int.

That is what worries me though, as bad as the Eagles played, from penalties going against them to the bad snap to twice having one drive extended by Giants penalties, they beat us like a dead horse. They figured out our offense early and capitalized on our own mistakes.

And why is that?

You're still in control of the game, but folding was their only option I guess.

So after the Jennings fumble last night, I shut the game off, confident that my Giants would find a way to thoroughly embarrass themselves on Monday Night Football to the Eagles. My fiancee couldn't believe I was turning off the game, but after the Nikita Whitlock whiff on 4th-and-1, the strip (and later, the drop) of Larry Donnell, and the pick-6, I knew exactly how this was going to end. "I've seen this game a million times. It will be an embarrassing loss for the Giants."

That was the shorthand of it. The longhand is that I remember the games... the Carl Banks/Randall Cunningham game when I was 8 years old... the Brian Westbrook game against Fassel's Giants... the DeSean Jackson/Matt Fucking Dodge game... hell, the Eli first-down-scramble-and-fumble-untouched-on-the-slide game. I mean jeez... last year at this exact same point, LeSean McCoy had something like 100 rushing yards... and I looked at my dad before the game and said, "he'll have 200 this week" and I was right. Fucked up things happen to the Giants whenever these teams meet... whether it's Buddy Ryan's Eagles, or Andy Reid's or Chip Kelly's. They have had out number for as long as I've been alive (well... we did have a few years of the Rich Kotite Eagles, which was pretty nice).

You have to hope this is a one-game hiccup, and not the blueprint for beating this team week after week... but in the quarter and a half of football I watched last night, all the things that made me predict a 7-9 season were on full display.

Of course... every cloud has a silver lining.

Bill-Cowher-coaching.jpg

You totally fucking nailed it.

I joined you shortly thereafter. It was clear by the early 3rd quarter that the Giants had no interest in attempting to win the game.

They could have been up 14-0, but thanks to Donnell's nonexistent ball security, what could have been a commanding lead was squandered.

Fast forward to DaMoron's penalty, and I thought to myself "this is going to be a typical Giants/Philly game".

On that pick-6, did Harris just expect the Philly DB to stand there and wait for the ball? WTF?

I don't have much time anymore for bad football on a Sunday afternoon. I have absolutely no time for shitty football on a Monday night.

You totally fucking nailed it.

I joined you shortly thereafter. It was clear by the early 3rd quarter that the Giants had no interest in attempting to win the game.

They could have been up 14-0, but thanks to Donnell's nonexistent ball security, what could have been a commanding lead was squandered.

Fast forward to DaMoron's penalty, and I thought to myself "this is going to be a typical Giants/Philly game".

On that pick-6, did Harris just expect the Philly DB to stand there and wait for the ball? WTF?

I don't have much time anymore for bad football on a Sunday afternoon. I have absolutely no time for shitty football on a Monday night.

Harris had no chance of doing anything to stop that pick 6...

He does have the chance to make something happen on punt returns if he stops being an indecisive little bitch. Catch the ball, run forward. Simple as that. I've never seen a group of such indecisive ball carriers.

I give them credit for the win, but we lost it more than they won it. come on, you can't beat anyone playing like that, I hated to see the turnovers, but almost a 100 yards of STUPID penalties shows we are who I thought we were. TC was stupid for taking out Jennings and putting Williams in, they guy is horrible. and the INT out on the flat? :laugh:

:LMAO: You say that every time we beat your ass.

And why is that?

You're still in control of the game, but folding was their only option I guess.

Cause the Eagles are our daddies. For whatever reason, the Eli era has not been mentally tough enough for the Eagles, no matter how good or bad either team is.

You guys act like this is something new. I've dealt with shit like this for decades:

Decades. Didn't matter who was coaching. Didn't matter what players were on the field. If there was a way for that team to fuck us up, rest assured, it would happen.

During that 2010 fiasco, a friend walked into the room while we were up by a ton. "Wow," he said, "Your team is routing the Eagles."

I said, very calmly, that they were going to blow it. I knew the drill.

We had a winning streak going into last night. It was almost a given.

I hate that fucking team.

You guys act like this is something new. I've dealt with shit like this for decades:

Decades. Didn't matter who was coaching. Didn't matter what players were on the field. If there was a way for that team to fuck us up, rest assured, it would happen.

During that 2010 fiasco, a friend walked into the room while we were up by a ton. "Wow," he said, "Your team is routing the Eagles."

I said, very calmly, that they were going to blow it. I knew the drill.

We had a winning streak going into last night. It was almost a given.

I hate that fucking team.

I was in the house for both of those and I watched to the last Giant possession last night. And BTW, Jennings was out for a series or two, then back in the game to begin the second half. He finished with 13 carries - more than Williams and Vereen combined. This loss goes mostly on the OL, who got manhandled at the point of attack last night, with major assists to Donnell and DaMoron.

i've only been a diehard for 20 years and even i am not phased by this kinda stuff. that dallas game didn't even make me mad. i've seen so many crazy losses in the coughlin and fassel eras--particularly to dallas and the eagles--that it doesn't even phase me. the two championships help but i think even if they didn't win those i'd be desensitized to it by now.

i thought this team's ceiling was 10 wins, but i still have my expectations in the "rebuilding mode" level so the loses don't keep me up at night. what really pisses me off is when we have years like '08 or '12 where i think we had enough talent to go all the way and shit the bed down the stretch

The worst part is most of knew right from the start that the Giants were gonna fuckup and fuck-up BIG TIME against the Eagles and look downright stupid in the game. Its just that part of us hoped that we would be proven wrong. And all the frustration and pissed-offedness is because we were proven right. I knew it deep down the Giants were going to shit the bed. We just don't want to see the soiled sheets.

The Giants just like playing from behind. once again we could have control of the division and once again, we fucked it up. but we really have been playing with smoke and mirrors anyway, you can't expect the talent on this team to hold up all the time. but thus far, it's better than the last two years, so it's a move in the right direction.

The Giants just like playing from behind. once again we could have control of the division and once again, we fucked it up. but we really have been playing with smoke and mirrors anyway, you can't expect the talent on this team to hold up all the time. but thus far, it's better than the last two years, so it's a move in the right direction.

Agreed. I didn't think they were that good in the three wins. I figured Philly would expose the offense where all McAdoo can draw up is the slant