SportsWrath

Will Beatty

Sephiroth

Agreed. Reese needs to completely change his draft philosophy if he is gonna stay around. IMO, you spend your first and second rounders on the dl, ol, and cbs. You can get quality rbs and wrs in the later rounds. As far as fa signings, it's not too often shit turns to gold. There was a reason the ol we signed this year were on the market. They simply we not that good. Eh, whatever. Hockey starts in less than two weeks

Fair point....I really don't want Eli changing anything at this stage....run the fucking play

He can't just run the play.if there is something warranting a play call change he has to make a play call change. When they look at the tape after the game to analyze the game the coaches will point that out. And make it clear to him that he needs to make the play call change.

That being said. Is it to hard to call 2 plays in the huddle and just holler out. "KILL, KILL" to change it to the second play option? (Rivers , Romo) instead McCadoo has him hand signal the WR who in turn has to signal the next receiver down the line...... it takes to much time and eventually the hand signals will get stolen.

He can't just run the play.if there is something warranting a play call change he has to make a play call change. When they look at the tape after the game to analyze the game the coaches will point that out. And make it clear to him that he needs to make the play call change.

That being said. Is it to hard to call 2 plays in the huddle and just holler out. "KILL, KILL" to change it to the second play option? (Rivers , Romo) instead McCadoo has him hand signal the WR who in turn has to signal the next receiver down the line...... it takes to much time and eventually the hand signals will get stolen.

Unless the hand signals change from week to week....which isn't any more comforting given that the players weren't all that comfortable with them this week.

There needs to be options at the line to make adjustments on the fly given what the defense shows you. I think the issues there are more a function of the new offense than anything. However, I think the players we have need to improve dramatically...across the board...before we start seeing any success. It's personnel at this point that seem to be causing the issues.

The entire offense, aside from Jennings who just had nothing to work with, was awful.

Randle sucked hard, he doesn't even look like a pro.

Saw Jernigan get alligator arms a couple times. First one was real bad; Gruden said Eli missed, but he didn't, I rewatched and the throw was good enough, Jernigan was just channeling his inner vagina.

Cruz was meh...

Donnell may be a player though. Other than the communication miscue, he looked pretty decent out there.

Donnell did look good out there. Aside from the offensive line, I think the biggest problem with the offense is that the X receiver does not scare anybody. Randle needs to draw safety attention and he is not good enough right now to do that. I would like to see Washington get more looks and make it a competition if he can. Of course ODB is needed back, and if he's the real deal, and the O-line improves, we could be significantly better in just a short amount of time. It would be great if Reese hit big on ODB and Washington... would be two pretty cheap options for the next several seasons, and could spend some real money on shoring up the O-line.

Yep.

We had a bottom-5 left tackle last year, and Reese wisely guessed that having him spend the offseason on crutches would make him return to form.

Yeah, that side was awful. Glad other people are noticing that left side and I wasn't delusional.

I didn't get to see the game last night, I was working. Maybe if I did, I'd be reacting the same way you guys are.

But, I'll say this, before you guys begin a group hemorrhage: do you remember the first 3 games of 2007? When St. Spagnolo started, we weren't just beaten on defense, we were absolutely slaughtered.

I'm not saying this season will end the same way, nor am I saying that this offense will definitely be all right; but I will say it is way too early to pass judgement on what was done this offseason. And this is coming from one of the few guys on this site that wasn't all that keen on getting a new offense--we have it, so let's give it a chance.

I wanted Martin in the first round, didn't happen. But I'm not about to call Beckham a bust, because I have no idea what he'll eventually bring to the team. From the sound of it, we can really use a WR, so maybe it will ultimately make sense. Beatty probably has confidence issues and rust right now. None of these linemen have played with each other for any appreciable time, and all of them are trying to master the offense.

Frankly, I would have been really surprised if we won last night, and felt that way the minute we went "in a new direction." A lot of you knew this too, but that doesn't make easy to watch.

I was about to post a thread to the same effect, fishgut. Well said.

I haven't forgotten how bad the D looked in those first couple games in 2007. The first couple games of the regular season, if you've got a new system coming in, those may as well be looked at as pre-season games.

Its not reassuring that Detroit also has a new offensive system, and they didn't seem to have any communication issues....

I've had it with Reese. Drives me nuts that he takes a wr in the first round when our ol is in complete shambles. What good does a wr do if Eli has no time at all to pass? This is the worst giants team I've seen in a decade. There are maybe 6-10 players I'd keep and the rest can go

Passing on Zack Martin was just another bad move.

I get that WR was an issue, but you can find sleepers in later rounds at WR far easier than you can find sleeper OLs.

College is churning out WRs and RBs.....fuck, the best back in college was our 4th round pick.....THAT'S the sort of pick that I love.

But right now, we've got a 1st round pick that is nowhere close to being ready to help this team.....we had to throw our 2nd round pick - a center - into the mix at guard against Suh......fucking insane, and it speaks to Reese's failures to address the line, and it's caught up to him.

I didn't get to see the game last night, I was working. Maybe if I did, I'd be reacting the same way you guys are.

But, I'll say this, before you guys begin a group hemorrhage: do you remember the first 3 games of 2007? When St. Spagnolo started, we weren't just beaten on defense, we were absolutely slaughtered.

I'm not saying this season will end the same way, nor am I saying that this offense will definitely be all right; but I will say it is way too early to pass judgement on what was done this offseason. And this is coming from one of the few guys on this site that wasn't all that keen on getting a new offense--we have it, so let's give it a chance.

I wanted Martin in the first round, didn't happen. But I'm not about to call Beckham a bust, because I have no idea what he'll eventually bring to the team. From the sound of it, we can really use a WR, so maybe it will ultimately make sense. Beatty probably has confidence issues and rust right now. None of these linemen have played with each other for any appreciable time, and all of them are trying to master the offense.

Frankly, I would have been really surprised if we won last night, and felt that way the minute we went "in a new direction." A lot of you knew this too, but that doesn't make easy to watch.

As usual, you are the voice of reason.

But it's clear to me that McAdoo has to do something to help BeatMe out.....whether that's chipping a back on whomever he is blocking, rolling the pocket to the right, etc.......we might very well have a situation where 2014 Beatty is worse than 2013 Beatty.......and given his late season injury last year, that frankly would be more reasonable than expecting him to be better this season.

As usual, you are the voice of reason.

But it's clear to me that McAdoo has to do something to help BeatMe out.....whether that's chipping a back on whomever he is blocking, rolling the pocket to the right, etc.......we might very well have a situation where 2014 Beatty is worse than 2013 Beatty.......and given his late season injury last year, that frankly would be more reasonable than expecting him to be better this season.

I didn't get this with Gilly, and I don't get it with McAdoo either.

NOBODY gave Beatty any help last night, at least not that I saw, and he was getting bitch-slapped all night. Why can't we put a TE on that side to give him a hand?

I didn't get this with Gilly, and I don't get it with McAdoo either.

NOBODY gave Beatty any help last night, at least not that I saw, and he was getting bitch-slapped all night. Why can't we put a TE on that side to give him a hand?

Apparently "max protect" is only allowed when the Giants are on defense. God forbid we protect our QB so he's not seeing visions of his Grandmother and Elvis.