SportsWrath

Power Rankings

jerseygiantfan

Easily, the toughest team on this list to rank. On the one hand, Big Blue has played three of the top ten teams in the league to open its 2006 schedule. On the other, they've been completely outplayed and pretty much manhandled for ten of those 12 quarters (13 if you include the Week 2 overtime). Sunday's loss to Seattle was beyond embarrassing. In front of a national television audience, the Seahawks exploited the Giants' every weakness. Jeremy Shockey told reporters after the game, "We got outplayed and outcoached. They were in different defenses than we thought they were going to be in. The did different things that we haven't seen." Certainly, that's big talk out of a guy who’s currently ranked 44th in the league in receptions. But maybe Shockey's got a point. When you commit three false start penalties in the first quarter, are outscored 35-3 in the first half, and the opponent goes 10-16 on third down conversions — just how "disciplined" could your team possibly be? And if your mantra as a coach is to be the league's toughest "disciplinarian" — where exactly does that leave you? Rhetorical questions to consider over the bye week.

Sums it up pretty well.. <_<

As much as a jerk as Shockey may have come off as on Sunday, his point was very valid. If Tiki or Eli had said the same thing out loud, it would have had more effect, but Shockey and Burress open thier mouth and boom, jerks! I truly believe this has shook up the org and that's a good thing.

As for the side note, I find it funny the guy tries to put Shockey down for being only 44th in the league in receptions, and then say that overall the Giants have stunk. That doesn't make sense. Plus Shockey is clearly playing hurt.

As much as a jerk as Shockey may have come off as on Sunday, his point was very valid. If Tiki or Eli had said the same thing out loud, it would have had more effect, but Shockey and Burress open thier mouth and boom, jerks! I truly believe this has shook up the org and that's a good thing.

As for the side note, I find it funny the guy tries to put Shockey down for being only 44th in the league in receptions, and then say that overall the Giants have stunk. That doesn't make sense. Plus Shockey is clearly playing hurt.

There needs to be changes and it is not the players. Not a good sign when the players turn against the coaches. Not a good one at all. Going to be a long season.

There needs to be changes and it is not the players. Not a good sign when the players turn against the coaches. Not a good one at all. Going to be a long season.

The way i look at it is this. I hope Coughlin proves me wrong because if he does, then the Giants are actually succeeding and that's what we all want. But his past performances have shown he's underachieved. Jacksonville spend so much money on players when Coughlin was there that he left them in salary cap hell for years, however the personnel they had should have won a superbowl with a 15-1 team, only to get badly outcoached by Jeff Fisher in the AFC title game at home. After that it slowly went down hill and the players just stopped performing and Coughlin's last years there were losing seasons. Now if he was so good a coach, why was he out of the league for one year with no job. On top of that, the Giants hired him the second Fassel left without even considering anyone else. And furthermore, have the Giants even spent this much money on players to build up a team. Look at the guys we brought in on D, we never did that before. We have a load of talent on this team, we should be beating teams, so why aren't we?. That's when the players start to not trust the coaches.

That's the thing though, if you're hurt, get the fuck off the field, ya know?

Is New York's best team wearing green — and not blue — this year? Quite possibly.
That's just silly.

If the Jets can somehow knock off Indianapolis next weekend,
Yeah, ok.

Giants fans will never hear the end of it.
Too bad it won't happen.

Get ready for Gang Green Nation to assault the WFAN airwaves, New York. Bruce from Bayside's already got the phone in his hand.
...no.

IU honesty don't think Jets as bad as everyone says they are. If they can get the running game going...watch out.

I think exit will agree with me on this one... they won't.

Chad has showed me something this year. Granted, it wasn't against the best of defenses but he's still as smart as ever, and he's finally getting some help from WRs. I see them at a competiive 7-9, maybe 8-8.

Mangini at age 35 already is getting some fat, looks a little bit like Parcells with those man boobs. I can only imagine what he'll look like in 20 years.