SportsWrath

Game by Game Predictions

Virginia Giant

Yeah, i know, everyone hates predictions, but for the sake of argument and activity, lets have your thoughts on how we'll do.

Alot depends on injuries, we've recently had some injury problems, but nothing we can't overcome.

Week 1; Colts @ Giants: This is Eli's coming out party, this game sets the pace for the season and for Eli. Without Edge the Colts are missing a valuble part of their offense and it's too early for Addai to make a big impact, this game being played in week 1 rather than week 8 helps us. Giants win 24-17

Week 2; Giants @ Eagles: Playing in Philly is always tough, Donovan will still be fresh along with everyone else, Giants will have a "let down" game after te big win vs Indy. Eagles win 27-10

Week 3; Giants @ Seahawks Back to back road games, plus having to fly to the west coast and playing the conference champs. We had them beat last year and I think we're a better team, but too much for us to overcome at this time. Seattle wins 17-14

Week 5; Redskins @ Giants: We're traditionally bad after the bye, and we're facing a tough division oponent that will have enough confidence and still be healthy enough to beat us. Washington wins 30-17

Week 6; Falcons @ Giants: Osi, Strahan and co. will flush Vick outm where Arrington will play a huge role. When Vick does throw, our backs will have a huge day. Giants 23-14

Week 7; Giants @ Cowboys: Again, our pass rushers will destroy Bledsoe, and this may be when TO self destructs. Giants win 38-10

Week 8; Bucs @ Giants: Another big game for the D, but this time the defensive backs have a big day. Williams will get alot of yards because he will gets tons of carries, but we'll get ahead early, it will just stay close the whole way. Giants win 20-14

Week 9; Texans @ Giants: This is just a bad team, Carr will be pressured make alot of mistakes. Giants win 30-17

Week 10; Bears @ Giants: The Bears will not be as good this year, we'll have an answer for everything they do. Giants win 14-7

Week 11; Giants @ Jaguars: Jags will be a tough team, Byron will pick us apart. Jags win 27-10

Week 12; Giants @ Titans: Young will be a mess, relying on his legs far too much where LaVar will be waiting. Giants win 24-14

Week 13; Cowboys @ Giants: Same as before, Bledsoe will have someone in his face all day. Giants win 20-10

Week 14; Giants @ Panthers: There will be a carry over from the playoff game with this team, this will be a mental loss more than anything Panthers win 21-7

Week 15; Eagles @ Giants: Giants come back strong as they realize this game starts their push, huge game, one of the biggest of the season. Giants win 24-20

Week 16; Saints @ Giants: Giants are riding high, and are lucky enough to face a not so good team. Giants win 42-24

Week 17; Giants @ Redskins: Giants close the season strong, and need this game to make the playoffs, they come through. Giants win 30-17

So, we'll go 11-5, and lose the conference Championship game to Carolina.

Good post. Couple of things though. I think your giving philly to much credit. Sure, they got mcnabb, but not much else, on offense anyway. We will sweep them.

Seahawks game could go either way. But I think we will still have a really bad taste in our mouths cause of last time. I think theres a better chance we win that game, then lose it.

I do agree we'll go 1-1 vs the skins, but the other way around. Especialy if both Lavar and AP are still healthy for that game. AP last year was the main reason our D did so well against the skins. And you know Lavar is going to come out swinging that game.

I made this a month or two ago.

WEEK 1 GIANTS VS. COLTS

Talk about starting the season with a bang. Last year, we start off against the ordinary, same old Cardinals, which winds up into a 42-19 blowout. This year is to say the least, a totally different story. Manning vs. Manning, Sunday night football. What more can you want? I'll tell you what. A win, I want a win. Many people think that this will be a lot of offense and little defense. I tend to disagree. Peyton is not particularly sharp in the early weeks of the season and I still think that Eli needs some more experience before fully realizing his potential. I foresee a solid game for both brohthers as there is a good amount of scoring through the first three quarters and we play tough defense to end the game as Tiki caps it off with the game sealing TD.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 27 Colts 17

Record: 1-0

WEEK 2 GIANTS AT EAGLES

Overall, I feel that we have the better team then the Eagles. There is more talent and we are coming off a much better year then them. However, this is their home opener and I think their fans are going to be wild and they will be hungry for a win, which will feed off on to their team. It's going to be a battle the whole time, no team dominating any statistical category. But I believe that the Eagles will pull it off with a field goal with about 5 and a half minutes left, and we will have no answer.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 20 Eagles 23

Record: 1-1

WEEK 3 GIANTS AT SEAHAWKS

If there was one game on this analysis I could guarantee, this would be the one. Many will say, "What is he crazy? This is the defending NFC champs we're talking about!" Well, that is misleading. One reason is because I don't think the Seahawks are that good. The main reason is that if we aren't hungry to win that game and don't come out looking for a win and nothing else, then I have my worries about this team. Our team loves Feely and the fact that the Seahawks went all the way will put an even bigger target on the Seahawks backs. Eli will have an excellent game, having a 115 passer rating as the defense will shut down the Seahawks and we get the win.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 30 Seahawks 13

Record: 2-1

WEEK 5 GIANTS VS. REDSKINS

This will be a fun one for sure. Even though we always do horrible after the bye, I have a feeling that this year will be different. We are going to play with a much more crisp feel and we all know the main issue of the game. This is where Lavar plays his former team. I think there will be a lot of hype going into the game, but he won't have a standout one like Pierce did. He'll have a solid game but nothing spectacular. Eli will again have a good game to lead us to victory.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 24 Redskins 14

Record: 3-1

WEEK 6 GIANTS AT FALCONS

Personally, I don't think the Falcons are that good. Vick is extremely overrated and the Abraham signing I think, won't make that much of an impact for them. Their secondary is still a work in progress and aside from Brooking, their LB core isn't that good. Tiki should have a very good day against them as should Eli. This one shouldn't be stressful.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 27 Falcons 20

Record: 4-1

WEEK 7 Giants at Cowboys

Even though much will be made of this game and there will be great hype leading up to it, I think this game will disappoint us all. TO lives for Monday night football and the Cowboys will be clicking on all cylinders as they dominate us, and pre-dominantly shut down our offense. After the last three wins, it would appear we'd be due for a bad loss.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 16 Cowboys 31

Record: 4-2

WEEK 8 Giants vs. Bucs

Believe it or not, I firmly believe that the Bucs are the most overrated team in the NFL. Chris Simms is not that good, he's going to be an okay QB at best with some good games here and there. Caddy's gonna be a great back, but their passing game isn't that strong and if we shut him down like we very well can, their offense will be in for a bad day. I think we're going to have a shaky day on offense, but do just enough to pull it off.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 13 Bucs 9

Record: 5-2

WEEK 9 Giants vs. Texans

As a Giants fan, I think all of you know this type of deal. We're in November, we're at 5-2, and a bad team such as the Texans comes into town as we come off a solid win the week before. It's an automatic win right? Well, not necessarily. These teams always give us hell and don't bring up the 9ers game from last year. It was 10-6 heading into the fourth quarter. We will win but as always, it won't be easy. The score will be deceiving.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 28 Texans 16

Record: 6-2

WEEK 10 Giants vs. Bears

To cap off our first three game homestand in around 20 years, I'm predicting a sweep. The Bears IMO were a one year wonder and really aren't that good. Our defense will put their offense in their place and Eli will have surprisingly a very good game statistic wise, but we'll be shut down for the most part points wise. Tiki will be limited in carries and yards but we'll manage to pull it off.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 20 Bears 10

Record: 7-2

WEEK 11 Giants at Jaguars

This is one of the games I think we should win. We are better then the Jags in and out. They aren't as good as they are taken to be but that doesn't mean we will beat them. They are home and it's a Monday night game. We all know how the Giants do on Monday night games. I think this will be one of those games where it just doesn't work. It's going to be our "letdown game." Things just won't click and we'll wind up losing.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 17 Jaguars 28

record: 7-3

WEEK 12 Giants at Titans

Remember what was mentioned earlier about how the Giants do bad in these types of games? Well, I think this game will be different. My vibes are telling me that this will be Vince Young's third game and at this point, injuries and the lack of talent will berate this team into way out of contention and most likely fighting for the #1 pick. We will tear young apart along with their defense and Eli will have one of his best stat games of his career.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 38 Titans 7

record: 8-3

WEEK 13 Giants vs. Cowboys

Pretty ironic that this game will be 364 days after the Giants vs. Cowboys 17-10 win huh? I think the stakes will be extremely similar and that they will be one game behind us in the division tied with the Redskins for where they are at that point. I think the weather conditions will be a lot better then last year, allowing Eli to have a more productive game and for our offense to be more of a factor. However, I feel our defense will have a similar impact as we cruise to victory against our division rivals for revenge of the MNF loss on October 23rd.

FINAL SCORE Giants 24 Cowboys 13

Record: 9-3

WEEK 14 Giants at Panthers

This is yet another game I'm sure Giants players and Giants fans have circled on their calendar for obvious reasons that don't exactly need to be explained. I'm sure our defense would like a little shot at Keyshawn because we don't necessarily like him from his Cowboys days and that he ditched us this off-season. I feel that we will play very tough against them, at least much tougher then in the playoffs but we will come up short.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 17 Panthers 26

Record: 9-4

WEEK 15 Giants vs. Eagles

I have a feeling this will be NBCs Sunday night game with Flex scheduling. So on the grand stage against the Eagles, the Giants will be hungry to take this game from the Eagles to put themselves in even better position in the East as we are now, to get revenge for week 2, and to put them away in the Wild Card hunt. They will be three games out at the time and two games behind the Cowboys, Redskins, and Bucs for the 5th and 6th seed. Eli will be the player of the game on a big stage while he controls the Eagles secondary and Tiki gets a couple of TDs to win this key game.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 31 Eagles 21

Record: 10-4

WEEK 16 Giants vs. Saints

This game may not be as easy as it appears. If the Saints play like they did in previous years, which is .500 and having hot streaks from time to time, this won't be an automatic win. I'm sure Brees will be fine and Bush is always a threat. What sucks is I will be missing out on seeing Bush live because I will be on vacation... of all games . Anyway, I think it'll be a tough game that'll go back and forth but in the end, the better team will win. And we are the better team.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 24 Saints 20

WEEK 17 Giants at Redskins

This is the game that I may rush the entire season to see. Odds are pointing in favor that this will be an absolutely critical game in terms of division championship. I believe the Cowboys and Giants will be at 11-4 at this point and the Skins will be 10-5, but own the tiebreaker over us if they win. We would own the tiebreaker over the Cowboys due to having the better division record. So basically, this is a win and clinch the division and lose and you may be a 6th seed if your lucky type of deal. I believe Eli will rise to the occasion and have not a spectacular day but keep the fans out of it, make the key passes, and of course, let our star RB take over and cap off the game to give us yet again another division title against the odds.

Oh yeah, an extra treat is we get home field throughout as we own the tiebreaker over the 12-4 Seahawks.

Final score: Giants 23 Redskins 14

FINAL RECORD 12-4

***PLAYOFFS***

DIVISIONAL ROUND Giants vs. Cowboys

Yep, the Dallas Cowboys will be coming to our house for our home game. You think it won't be crazy at Giants Stadium? Ha, it's gonna be LOUD! Towels swirling, Lavar and Pierce getting everyone pumped will make this place out of control. And the players will not dissappoint. We will go 110% out there and will dominate throughout the game. We'll sweat through a couple of parts early in the game but in the end, we will come out on top. Oh yeah, I have a feeling Gibril is going to give TO a good-bye present early in the fourth too.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 27 Cowboys 14

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME Giants vs. Seahawks

Just because we went all out on the Seahawks in week 3 doesn't mean we will feel fulfilled in giving them revenge from last year. No way in hell. The place will be just as loud as the week before as the Giants fans know very well what may happen as well as the players. Eli will play with even more of a chip on his shoulder and have a stupendous game. But the defense will falter somewhat. There will be some drives where they dominate us running with Shaun Alexander and passing with Matt Hasselbeck. But it will be Jay Feely with four minutes left in the game that seals the win.

FINAL SCORE: Giants 34 Seahawks 31

NFC CHAMPIONS

SUPER BOWL Giants vs. Broncos

People may say that fate will make the Giants play either the Chargers or the Colts in the super bowl but I disagree. Plummer will have twice as good of a year as last season with even more of a chip on his shoulder with the selection Cutler by the Broncos. Eli will have memories of his great comeback at the Meadowlands the year before but unfortunately, that performance will not equate in the Super Bowl and we will fall short. Not as bad as Super Bowl 35 but not exactly an inspiring performance.

Final score: Giants 14 Broncos 27

This year would go beyond my expectations but I feel this is what our capability allows us to do. If Eli plays the way he is expected to and we stay relatively healthy for the most part, this team is capable of doing this and maybe even winning the Super Bowl.

giants go undefeted all the way to the superbowl where eli sustains a career ending injury. we still win the superbowl though

Lorenzen is the Superbowl MVP.

My one and only prediction is...if we win after our bye we're going to the Superbowl.

Since the Giants like to get real comfortable during a bye week...I suprised that they don't walk onto the field wearing their PJs.

My predictions

Week 1; Colts @ Giants: Giants win 24-20

Week 2; Giants @ Eagles: Eagles win 24-17

Week 3; Giants @ Seahawks Seahawks win 28-21

Week 5; Redskins @ Giants: Giants win 28-10

Week 6; Giants @ Falcons: Giants win 20-14

Week 7; Giants @ Cowboys: Cowboys win 24-21

Week 8; Bucs @ Giants: Giants win 35-24

Week 9; Texans @ Giants: Giants win 35- 16

Week 10; Bears @ Giants: Giants win 20-10

Week 11; Giants @ Jaguars: Jags win 27-17

Week 12; Giants @ Titans: Giants win 28-14

Week 13; Cowboys @ Giants: Giants win 24-17

Week 14; Giants @ Panthers: Panthers win 21-19

Week 15; Eagles @ Giants: Giants win 24-21

Week 16; Saints @ Giants: Giants win 28-17

Week 17; Giants @ Redskins Redskins win 28-21

10-6 record and playoffs

Giants lose NFC Championship Game to Carolina

My predictions

Week 1; Colts @ Giants: Giants win 24-20

Week 2; Giants @ Eagles: Eagles win 24-17

Week 3; Giants @ Seahawks Seahawks win 28-21

Week 5; Redskins @ Giants: Giants win 28-10

Week 6; Giants @ Falcons: Giants win 20-14

Week 7; Giants @ Cowboys: Cowboys win 24-21

Week 8; Bucs @ Giants: Giants win 35-24

Week 9; Texans @ Giants: Giants win 35- 16

Week 10; Bears @ Giants: Giants win 20-10

Week 11; Giants @ Jaguars: Jags win 27-17

Week 12; Giants @ Titans: Giants win 28-14

Week 13; Cowboys @ Giants: Giants win 24-17

Week 14; Giants @ Panthers: Panthers win 21-19

Week 15; Eagles @ Giants: Giants win 24-21

Week 16; Saints @ Giants: Giants win 28-17

Week 17; Giants @ Redskins Redskins win 28-21

10-6 record and playoffs

Giants lose NFC Championship Game to Carolina

Almost entirely home team wins, but I'll agree with 10 and 6 which is not as good as the last two years when I picked 'em 12 and 4. Unless Eli really starts coming into his own this year, I'm thinking both Cowboys and Skins beat us twice.

I'm also banking on better D than your scores show.

Week 1; Colts @ Giants: Eli makes good on opportunity to show up his big brother. He ends up being out for the following game due to an unfortunate post-game "super-mega tittie twister" incident. Giants win 24-17

Week 2; Giants @ Eagles: Playing in Philly is always tough, Emmons pulls a hamstring after slipping on a puddle of McNabb's "2-Minute Drill Secretions". Eagles win 27-10

Week 3; Giants @ Seahawks: Feely misses plane to Seattle. Seattle wins 17-14

Week 5; Redskins @ Giants: Season kicks into gear as Snee gets his first staph infection of the regular season. John Mara dies under mysterious circumstances earlier in the week. Tom Coughlin has a dubious alibi. Giants win 30-17

Week 6; Falcons @ Giants: Vick has a season-high 2 completions. Tim Carter spontaneously combusts. Falcons 17-14

Week 7; Giants @ Cowboys: Cowboys in a nail-biter. Team celebrates with Parcells by drowning TO in a bucket of Gatorade. Cowboys win 17-14

Week 8; Bucs @ Giants: Team takes field only after Coughlin explains that "Chucky is just his nickname." Emmons makes medical history by pulling a never before seen muscle. Giants win 20-14

Week 9; Texans @ Giants: This is just a bad team. Carr will be pressured to make alot of mistakes, like handing off to Reggie Bush. Snapping under stress, he gets promoted to the Texan front office. Giants win 30-17

Week 10; Bears @ Giants: The Bears will not be as good this year. 30 fans need emergency resusitation after nearly dying of boredom. Giants win 10-6

Week 11; Giants @ Jaguars:Byron Leftwich, having his annual leg injury ealier in the year, is carried during the game by Matt Jones. Jags win 27-10

Week 12; Giants @ Titans: Raven and Starfire catch everything Robin throws at them as they fly down the field; meanwhile Cyborg and BeastBoy (as a T-Rex) dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Oh, wait... Giants win 24-14

Week 13; Cowboys @ Giants: Bledsoe will be shown to not be an immobile QB, but an extremely mobile zombie. Emmons snaps in half. Giants win 20-10

Week 14; Giants @ Panthers: Brentson Buckner will return to the Panthers sidelines. Fortunately, Security will subdue him before anyone is hurt. Panthers win 21-7

Week 15; Eagles @ Giants: Things nearly get out of hand when Shockey tells Reid that the team is going to "eat Reid's lunch". Giants win 24-20

Week 16; Saints @ Giants: Giants are riding high, and face a not so good team. Out of habit, the rest of the NFC East complain about this being a home game. Giants win 42-24

Week 17; Giants @ Redskins: With the Mara and Tisch families in hiding, Giants win anyway. Giants win 30-17

quote name='fishgutmartyr' date='Aug 13 2006, 03:00 AM' post='136406']

Week 1; Colts @ Giants: Eli makes good on opportunity to show up his big brother. He ends up being out for the following game due to an unfortunate post-game "super-mega tittie twister" incident. Giants win 24-17

Week 2; Giants @ Eagles: Playing in Philly is always tough, Emmons pulls a hamstring after slipping on a puddle of McNabb's "2-Minute Drill Secretions". Eagles win 27-10

Week 3; Giants @ Seahawks: Feely misses plane to Seattle. Seattle wins 17-14

Week 5; Redskins @ Giants: Season kicks into gear as Snee gets his first staph infection of the regular season. John Mara dies under mysterious circumstances earlier in the week. Tom Coughlin has a dubious alibi. Giants win 30-17

Week 6; Falcons @ Giants: Vick has a season-high 2 completions. Tim Carter spontaneously combusts. Falcons 17-14

Week 7; Giants @ Cowboys: Cowboys in a nail-biter. Team celebrates with Parcells by drowning TO in a bucket of Gatorade. Cowboys win 17-14

Week 8; Bucs @ Giants: Team takes field only after Coughlin explains that "Chucky is just his nickname." Emmons makes medical history by pulling a never before seen muscle. Giants win 20-14

Week 9; Texans @ Giants: This is just a bad team. Carr will be pressured to make alot of mistakes, like handing off to Reggie Bush. Snapping under stress, he gets promoted to the Texan front office. Giants win 30-17

Week 10; Bears @ Giants: The Bears will not be as good this year. 30 fans need emergency resusitation after nearly dying of boredom. Giants win 10-6

Week 11; Giants @ Jaguars:Byron Leftwich, having his annual leg injury ealier in the year, is carried during the game by Matt Jones. Jags win 27-10

Week 12; Giants @ Titans: Raven and Starfire catch everything Robin throws at them as they fly down the field; meanwhile Cyborg and BeastBoy (as a T-Rex) dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Oh, wait... Giants win 24-14

Week 13; Cowboys @ Giants: Bledsoe will be shown to not be an immobile QB, but an extremely mobile zombie. Emmons snaps in half. Giants win 20-10

Week 14; Giants @ Panthers: Brentson Buckner will return to the Panthers sidelines. Fortunately, Security will subdue him before anyone is hurt. Panthers win 21-7

Week 15; Eagles @ Giants: Things nearly get out of hand when Shockey tells Reid that the team is going to "eat Reid's lunch". Giants win 24-20

Week 16; Saints @ Giants: Giants are riding high, and face a not so good team. Out of habit, the rest of the NFC East complain about this being a home game. Giants win 42-24

Week 17; Giants @ Redskins: With the Mara and Tisch families in hiding, Giants win anyway. Giants win 30-17

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO: