SportsWrath

Oh lordy its happening! Brian Burns to the Giants (rumor)

5 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Didn't have time to do my own research but listened to the Talkin' Giants guys on this heading into work today.  I knew Burns was a good player but their take on him was that he's a good player making top-2 EDGE money.  Only had double-digit sacks in one year, falls in the 30s in the league for pass rush win rate and sacks most years according to advanced statistics. 

Sounds like an Olivier Vernon situation.  We'll see how things shake out but I would have preferred Danielle Hunter for this type of money.

Also, I'm not sure what we're supposed to do about QB and other positions of need now.   That extra second could have gotten us a trade up in the 1st, or nabbed us one of the second tier QBs should they fall (Penix, Nix, etc).  This draft class is also stocked at G, RT, and WR, all positions of need;  in most mocks very good players are still available there.  Now we're unlikely to have a shot at any of those guys, and all for a guy who's averaging less than 10 sacks per season. 

Not a fan of this.  I think it reeks of desperation by Shoen and is a very shortsighted plan/outlook, plus we grossly overpaid.  This is the type of stuff that got Gettleman fired.  Hope the plan isn't to reach for McCarthy. 

Stop. Just....stop it. You're just jealous Schoen isn't implementing your plan...AGAIN!

Burns is going to bring us all satisSACKtion this year. 

Scheffler: Danielle Hunter to the Texans on a two-year, $49 million deal, including $48 million guaranteed, per source. The deal has a max value of $51 million.

2 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Stop. Just....stop it. You're just jealous Schoen isn't implementing your plan...AGAIN!

Burns is going to bring us all satisSACKtion this year. 

You say this now, but when Schoen is on the street in two years and there's six All-Pros on my "Seph would have drafted" list, it'll be Schoen who will be jealous OF ME!!!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, Herc said:

Scheffler: Danielle Hunter to the Texans on a two-year, $49 million deal, including $48 million guaranteed, per source. The deal has a max value of $51 million.

That's a nice deal for them. 

10 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

5qj45lyonznc1.jpeg?width=640&crop=smart&

lol, they really had to massage the numbers to come up with this list. Make the cutoff 7 sacks and there are some kind of scrubby guys on the list. Make the cutoff 8 sacks and Burns isn't on it. 

This is a young pass rusher thats just entering his prime. Plus he has Thibs on the other end - a luxury he didnt have at Carolina. If anything, the Burns trade makes both of him and Thibs better. Fantastic trade IMO - getting a prime pass rusher who might not yet have hit his ceiling

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

lol, they really had to massage the numbers to come up with this list. Make the cutoff 7 sacks and there are some kind of scrubby guys on the list. Make the cutoff 8 sacks and Burns isn't on it. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Reminds me of when we had the data manipulation unit for College Comp II. 

"There is only a 8 in 2300 chance of you getting permanently ill from this product!"

"So like... a little under one in 300?  That actually sounds pretty risky." 

4 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Who are all the scrubby guys with 7?

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Who are all the scrubby guys with 7?

bro don't make me do actual research. I'm just talking shit. 

off the top of my head though, thats when we get into the Kenny Holmes level guys. Good players, generally. But not the kind of comp you want to see when you're talking giving up prime draft picks and $30 million per year. 

5 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

off the top of my head though, thats when we get into the Kenny Holmes level guys. Good players, generally. But not the kind of comp you want to see when you're talking giving up prime draft picks and $30 million per year. 

Prime draft picks that we got extra from a trade.

And 30 million a year is the new 20 million a year.

By next year Burns probably isn't even in the top 5 of pass rushing contracts. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

oh.   

Edit: Kenny Holmes only topped 7 sacks twice in his first 5 seasons, not all of his first 5 seasons. 

15 hours ago, Mr. P said:

oh.   

Edit: Kenny Holmes only topped 7 sacks twice in his first 5 seasons, not all of his first 5 seasons. 

damn it. you're going to make me learn how to use PFR, aren't you.