SportsWrath

N.Y. Giants @ Dallas Cowboys

BronxRik

14 minutes ago, mastershake said:

It takes a front office seriously interested in prioritizing it, which they currently don't have. Going into the season with question marks at 4 out of 5 positions on the OL was a choice. Allocating $25M in cap to Barkley, Leonard Williams, and Paris Campbell, instead of the OL, was a choice.

The offensive line is bad because the current front office refused to do enough when they could have.

Again, they did more in 2 years than the previous GM did in 4. They addressed it through the draft which is how they should. You can Neal is a bust and it's heading that way but the same kid was at one time the projected #1 and we got him at 7 and he wouldn't have last by 10. It's just not working out.

Gettleman dropped the ball 3 years ago when he decided he was smarter than the entire world and said we didn't need to address the o-line in the draft and that we were alright. You simply can't do that and we're paying for it since. I have no doubt that these guys know they have to address it in a big way. Problem now is offensive line does not look promising in free agency, so it's likely Giants are going to have to take a QB in the top 6 next year and perhaps trade the 2 number #2's in to a first to get back in to address the o-line.

6 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Again, they did more in 2 years than the previous GM did in 4. They addressed it through the draft which is how they should. You can Neal is a bust and it's heading that way but the same kid was at one time the projected #1 and we got him at 7 and he wouldn't have last by 10. It's just not working out.

Gettleman dropped the ball 3 years ago when he decided he was smarter than the entire world and said we didn't need to address the o-line in the draft and that we were alright. You simply can't do that and we're paying for it since. I have no doubt that these guys know they have to address it in a big way. Problem now is offensive line does not look promising in free agency, so it's likely Giants are going to have to take a QB in the top 6 next year and perhaps trade the 2 number #2's in to a first to get back in to address the o-line.

They went into the season with question marks at 4 out of 5 starting positions, and instead allocated $25M to Barkley, Leonard Williams, and Paris Campbell 🤷‍♂️. You're free to be content with this approach. How'd it go?

4 minutes ago, mastershake said:

They went into the season with question marks at 4 out of 5 starting positions, and instead allocated $25M to Barkley, Leonard Williams, and Paris Campbell 🤷‍♂️. You're free to be content with this approach. How'd it go?

Who said I was content, but you saw our roster last year right?. You don't want to improve other areas also?. You mention Parris Campbell, Parris Campbell's play with the Colts would have made him the number # 1 receiver on our squad.

Glowinski wasn't a question mark, he was the starter and was signed to be. Neal was the starter at Tackle and neither you or I knew at the beginning of the season he'd struggle like this. JMS was going to be the center when he was drafted, that's pretty obvious. The only "question" was the other guard spot, but they seemed to think Ezeudu or Brederson would work out. They got that wrong, but even then he addressed that with Pugh. Not a great answer, but still an answer.

I understand the approach they took, but like anything else, some of it didn't work. Schoen has made more sense these last 2 years than the previous 7-8. He was also handed a shitshow to deal with and he made deals in the offseason that locked in our 2 best players and gave contracts to others that didn't tie our hands down the line like Getty did. If Waller doesn't work, he's gone. Jones probably gone next year. Williams and Adoree come off the books next year. I see enough out of the guy to believe he'll improve the team.

19 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Who said I was content, but you saw our roster last year right?. You don't want to improve other areas also?. You mention Parris Campbell, Parris Campbell's play with the Colts would have made him the number # 1 receiver on our squad.

Glowinski wasn't a question mark, he was the starter and was signed to be. Neal was the starter at Tackle and neither you or I knew at the beginning of the season he'd struggle like this. JMS was going to be the center when he was drafted, that's pretty obvious. The only "question" was the other guard spot, but they seemed to think Ezeudu or Brederson would work out. They got that wrong, but even then he addressed that with Pugh. Not a great answer, but still an answer.

I understand the approach they took, but like anything else, some of it didn't work. Schoen has made more sense these last 2 years than the previous 7-8. He was also handed a shitshow to deal with and he made deals in the offseason that locked in our 2 best players and gave contracts to others that didn't tie our hands down the line like Getty did. If Waller doesn't work, he's gone. Jones probably gone next year. Williams and Adoree come off the books next year. I see enough out of the guy to believe he'll improve the team.

I knew Bredeson and Glowinski were backups at best. JMS, Ezeudu, and Neal were unproven, and therefore question marks.

Moral of the story. Don't go into the season leaving 4 out of 5 OL spots to wishful thinking. You can get away with 1 out of 5 of those, and maybe 2 out of 5, if all the other OL positions are solid.

13 hours ago, mastershake said:

I knew Bredeson and Glowinski were backups at best. JMS, Ezeudu, and Neal were unproven, and therefore question marks.

Moral of the story. Don't go into the season leaving 4 out of 5 OL spots to wishful thinking. You can get away with 1 out of 5 of those, and maybe 2 out of 5, if all the other OL positions are solid.

You may have thought those things, but Glowinski started in Indy and was brought in to start, Neal was drafted to start, JMS was drafted to start.

As bad as the offensive line is, these guys were brought in to replace the absolute shit of a line we had in Gettlemens last year. The fact that it isn't working out like we hoped doesn't mean that wasn't the intent.

Rashawn Slater and Christian Darrishaw were there for the Giants in 2021. Instead we drafted a knucklehead who's mess Schoen had to clean up. That we did not address the line that season has come back to haunt us. You don't draft a stud tackle and then ignore the situation the following year like you fixed the line. We may not have needed Neal or Glowinski. That draft killed us.

16 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Sure we've had bad seasons, but this is ridiculous. At least there have been glimmers of hope. This just feels hopeless, and every announcer and sports commentator takes shots at us and it just gets to me. And, I'm not used to it. 

Brah... just think pre-1981 and fuck the announcers and commentators who have no sense of history... long term history and/or short term history.  That is the main reason why the NBA has not reached its full fruition in not having NY champions the last 45 years or so.

16 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

That would be a horrible idea. These two looked good last year but how is anyone supposed to win with Tommy Fucking Devito and fourth string o-linemen?

This would be like firing Parcells because of his disastrous first season... yet he righted the ship literally and went on to two Super Bowls and could have won another one.

15 hours ago, boohyah said:

I believe this... Gettleman really locked us in with his bad choices and his lack of cap management.  I do believe that Schoen is tanking on purpose and he really does not have a choice.  They were hoping to catch lightning in a bottle again before that Broke back blocked football during that first game.

15 hours ago, mastershake said:

I agree so far as I would not have given DJ and/or Barkley all of that money.  I would have let them walk and/or traded them for compensation.  No One Read DJ and Barkley getting stuffed at the line and we are still getting fucked up.

I wont even call this a season - ill call this a blip. This team has been an absolute embarrassment and a laughing stock of the entire league. Even the Bears and Cards (who currently have worse records) have shown a semblance of a fight. Like.....something. This team is showing absolutely nothing - NOTHING - on offense. Saquon is still running hard behind this non-existent OL in a totally lost cause of a season. Might as well shut him down and preserve him for next season. They finally managed to kill DJ. The only thing Im hoping for right now is for the Bears, Panthers, Cards to win a couple games and for us to tank like nobody's business.