SportsWrath

Sounds like Thomas is out.

BlueInCanada

32 minutes ago, jranieli said:

He was on the field goal team when he got injured? Don't be surprised if the Giants are 0-3 before the next home game. I don't know what the coaches were thinking keeping Jones out there either. 

Well pulling your QB out is basically throwing the towel… at least that’s the perception.

3 hours ago, Nas said:

Well pulling your QB out is basically throwing the towel… at least that’s the perception.

The towel was snatched from our sorry asses exposing us butt naked and retarded in the rain and thrown in on our behalf by the the Cowboy by the start of the second qtr itself. Keeping Jones in there i felt was more of a statement to make the OL feel pathetic at their performance or maybe just to see if we can avoid a shut out somehow. But keeping Thomas in there didnt make sense. After all the coaching brilliance we saw last year and those half time adjustments etc - week 1 was an absolute Coaching headscratcher to me.

Joe Shoen really pulled his best Gettleman impression by drafting 3 OL in 2022 that all suck,  huh? 

To think we could have spent late round picks on Jamaree Salyer and Zach Tom and instead we got projected fifth-rounder Josh Ezeudu in the third and projected free agent Marcus McKethan in the fifth instead. 

46 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Joe Shoen really pulled his best Gettleman impression by drafting 3 OL in 2022 that all suck,  huh? 

To think we could have spent late round picks on Jamaree Salyer and Zach Tom and instead we got projected fifth-rounder Josh Ezeudu in the third and projected free agent Marcus McKethan in the fifth instead. 

Hey at least Gettleman drafted good players too.  

not looking so hot for Schoen. 

36 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

The lack of return on Thibs and Neal are what gets me.

Anything after the first who knows how they'll turn out but both of these guys were top 10 census picks.

Neal looks like he has never played tackle in football and Thibs hasn't had any real impact so far.

Both guys we NEED to make an impact are so far not doing a damn thing.

Everyone else is just bench fodder which is all you can expect, but top 10 guys should atleast be contributing.

50 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

The lack of return on Thibs and Neal are what gets me.

Anything after the first who knows how they'll turn out but both of these guys were top 10 census picks.

Neal looks like he has never played tackle in football and Thibs hasn't had any real impact so far.

Both guys we NEED to make an impact are so far not doing a damn thing.

Everyone else is just bench fodder which is all you can expect, but top 10 guys should atleast be contributing.

The 2022 draft class in general has stumbled out of the gate. Not looking great so far. Robinson gets a pass because of his injury.

Bellinger is fine I guess, but a TE2 in mid rounds isn't anything to get excited about.

Yeah...everyone was stoked about Neal and Thibs...everyone.  Both were gonna go top 10 and we needed both pass rush and offensive line.

Nobody can blame anyone for drafting them.

That said, both have been underwhelming at best.  Neither can set an edge with their size/toughness and neither wins with speed/athleticism.

I would try Thibs at off the line LB.  See if he has a nose for the ball at least.  And I would move Neal to G where he can just plug up the works with his size.  If those moves don't increase production...they can both be deemed busts

7 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Yeah...everyone was stoked about Neal and Thibs...everyone.  Both were gonna go top 10 and we needed both pass rush and offensive line.

Nobody can blame anyone for drafting them.

That said, both have been underwhelming at best.  Neither can set an edge with their size/toughness and neither wins with speed/athleticism.

I would try Thibs at off the line LB.  See if he has a nose for the ball at least.  And I would move Neal to G where he can just plug up the works with his size.  If those moves don't increase production...they can both be deemed busts

Both Thibs and Ojulari are better suited as stand up rush LB's in a traditional 3-4 alignment, with 3 down lineman (currently, the Giants run 2 DTs and 1 DE), with one Rush linebacker...so it's basically a 4-3 despite Wink calling it a 3-4 or a hybrid 3-4.

Not sure why we got away from that. Even Leonard Williams played better in that role. We have depth at DT to put three down lineman in a 3-4 alignment. Heck, put Nunes-Roches, A-Shawn Robinson, and/or Jordon Riley in the mix there.

Of course, the problem doing so is outside Okereke, everyone other LB on this team is a practice squad LB.

4 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Both Thibs and Ojulari are better suited as stand up rush LB's in a traditional 3-4 alignment, with 3 down lineman (currently, the Giants run 2 DTs and 1 DE), with one Rush linebacker...so it's basically a 4-3 despite Wink calling it a 3-4 or a hybrid 3-4.

Not sure why we got away from that. Even Leonard Williams played better in that role. We have depth at DT to put three down lineman in a 3-4 alignment. Heck, put Nunes-Roches, A-Shawn Robinson, and/or Jordon Riley in the mix there.

Of course, the problem doing so is outside Okerke, everyone other LB on this team is a practice squad LB.

Then go back to a traditional 4-3 with Thibs, Ojulari, and Okereke at LB.  Let Robinson, Riley, Lawrence, Williams,  Nunes-Roches man the on-the-line spots.

At least experiment with the lineup here in week 2 cause week 1 proved to be a big ol pile of bullshit

3 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Then go back to a traditional 4-3 with Thibs, Ojulari, and Okereke at LB.  Let Robinson, Riley, Lawrence, Williams,  Nunes-Roches man the on-the-line spots.

At least experiment with the lineup here in week 2 cause week 1 proved to be a big ol pile of bullshit

Works for me

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Yeah I hated that draft.  I did think Thibs would be better than this though, and although I liked Ikwonu the best of the tackles, I thought if Neal sucked he would make a good guard... Cross has one position he could have played and looked undersized to me.  Season is still early but if Neal doesn't look like an NFL player in the next four weeks or so I think the coaches need to consider kicking him inside.  He and Glowinski are torpedoing the offense right now. 

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

The Giants should fire their entire scouting department then.  There are people who are supposed to specialize in finding quality players after the first. 

To be fair, this year's draft looks to be much better than last year's.  I have no idea what Shoen was thinking with just about every pick from the 2nd on except for Bellinger in 2022 though. 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah I hated that draft.  I did think Thibs would be better than this though, and although I liked Ikwonu the best of the tackles, I thought if Neal sucked he would make a good guard... Cross has one position he could have played and looked undersized to me.  Season is still early but if Neal doesn't look like an NFL player in the next four weeks or so I think the coaches need to consider kicking him inside.  He and Glowinski are torpedoing the offense right now. 

The Giants should fire their entire scouting department then.  There are people who are supposed to specialize in finding quality players after the first. 

To be fair, this year's draft looks to be much better than last year's.  I have no idea what Shoen was thinking with just about every pick from the 2nd on except for Bellinger in 2022 though. 

But it's still a crap shoot, regardless of how many scouts you have or who you have doing it. 

PFF had that massive draft dive article years ago showing if you have seven picks a year statically it's almost impossible for a team to have four or more on the team after years three or four. 

And surprisingly most of those kept are guys picked in the later rounds as special teamers or bench guys plus they are cheaper. 

I'm just surprised with how bad the Giants have done even finding those guys, let alone impact first round players. 

Crazy stat of the day since 2014, no team has drafted more Oline in  the first two rounds than the Giants. 

The Giants have taken 3 lineman in the top 10, during that span and six total in rounds one and two. 

No other team has taken more than one Oline in the top 10 during that span. 

What are the Giants doing wrong? lol