SportsWrath

Nick Gates signs 3 year deal with Washington

Mr. P

Above average depth, but likely replaceable.  Seems like a tough, hard working SOaB tho.  Kinda guy that is rotational but due to work ethic, pushes your starter to stay on their game cause he's right there should the starter decline.

But fuck em'...he's a Skin

3 hours ago, boohyah said:

Massive?

Yeah, sure he wasn’t great, but he was something. His absence, at least till this front office proves otherwise is going to be crippling if he isn’t replaced with at least someone as good. Plus he just got back, by next year he could be a beast. 

Considering what the skins paid for him, it isn’t looking to good that he will be easily replaced. Doesn’t appear so far they care much about filling any of the o- line spots. 

21 minutes ago, Herc said:

If it makes you feel better it’s really only half a hole since he platooned that spot 

Yeah last year, after coming back from what should have been a retirement injury. 

If he was only half a spot, but started on the line, what’s that say about who is behind him?

1 hour ago, JayD said:

Yeah, sure he wasn’t great, but he was something. His absence, at least till this front office proves otherwise is going to be crippling if he isn’t replaced with at least someone as good. Plus he just got back, by next year he could be a beast. 

Considering what the skins paid for him, it isn’t looking to good that he will be easily replaced. Doesn’t appear so far they care much about filling any of the o- line spots. 

Not sure what you mean by don't care when they drafted linemen in the first and 3rd rounds last year and one of our only big free agents in Glowinski and brought in Feliciano.  Ezuedu was injured mid season. There are still guards out there and we haven't even talked draft yet. I'll take my chances they know what they are doing here and if Gates was worth it to them, he'd be signed. Certainly not a massive loss.

6 hours ago, boohyah said:

Not sure what you mean by don't care when they drafted linemen in the first and 3rd rounds last year and one of our only big free agents in Glowinski and brought in Feliciano.  Ezuedu was injured mid season. There are still guards out there and we haven't even talked draft yet. I'll take my chances they know what they are doing here and if Gates was worth it to them, he'd be signed. Certainly not a massive loss.

I’m saying our line is trash. All but two guys at best.