SportsWrath

Brian Daboll wins AP coach of the year

Sephiroth

Also how the fuck was this even a competition as the pundits make it out to be.

Pederson in Jax had a GM that went fucking spend happy and reset the WR market, plus a first round generation pick that finally showed up.

Nick Sirianni has a team stack with pro bowlers and a GM and scouting staff that is giving the league a fucking masterclass lesson in roster building/rebuilding, he has the best front office in the NFL. They traded for the best WR in the NFL (or top 5 anyways) FOR PEANUTS!

Campbell sure showed up for 8 weeks out of the year, but he was as good as out of the NFL by week 7.

DABOLL'S BEST WR WAS A PRACTICE SQUAD PLAYER FROM THE BILLS AND WE HAD MULTIPLE PRACTICE SQUAD PLAYERS IN STARTING ROLES ON DEFENSE!!!!

And we made it to the fucking playoffs.

Peterson had to pull that team out from the disaster of last year and they finished very strong. Campbell has given the Lions hope and I pick them to win that division next year. Fuck Sirianni.

All that said, Daboll was a shoo in. As noted we had to win games with XFL squads.

He certainly deserves it, and others guys as well.  But to me, they can just give that award to Andy Reid every year.  It seems clear he is the best coach in football and has been for a long time.  Sure he's had the luxury of having a talented roster pretty much his whole career, but he gets every drop out of them.  They lost one of the best receivers in the league and that offense never missed a beat. Year in, year out, Andy Reid teams are in the hunt for a championship.  

26 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

He certainly deserves it, and others guys as well.  But to me, they can just give that award to Andy Reid every year.  It seems clear he is the best coach in football and has been for a long time.  Sure he's had the luxury of having a talented roster pretty much his whole career, but he gets every drop out of them.  They lost one of the best receivers in the league and that offense never missed a beat. Year in, year out, Andy Reid teams are in the hunt for a championship.  

He's easily a first ballet HoF coach.

The Walrus was not only able to adapt to the NFL over the years but he's evolved the NFL.

8 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

8 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

He's easily a first ballet HoF coach.

The Walrus was not only able to adapt to the NFL over the years but he's evolved the NFL.

Surefire first ballot Hall of Famer and an amazing career, but I have a hard time calling the guy who's consistently out-coached in the playoffs "the league's best coach." That job he did against the Brady Bucs was downright pathetic.

8 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Andy Reid also gets a lot of input in who is on the team too.  So not only the coaching, but a big portion of the gm duties that not all coaches handle well.  Seems to strike a perfect balance too between hard ass, put in the work...and have fun, player's coach mantras.