SportsWrath

Brandon Brown hired ad assistant GM

Sephiroth

12 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I was kinda hoping we hired an Eagles scouting guy at some point.

They always seem to find talent and develop-able talent in the draft.

The good thing to take from all of this is Abrams is out as assistant GM.

Yes.   Abrams being out is a big plus.   I don't know if we maybe too harsh on him but he's representative of everything that has gone wrong with the Giants in the past decade.    Although I believe he's staying with the team in some capacity just not that title.  

10 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I was kinda hoping we hired an Eagles scouting guy at some point.

They always seem to find talent and develop-able talent in the draft.

The good thing to take from all of this is Abrams is out as assistant GM.

I mean... as long as we're not talking WRs...

From what I've read, Brandon Brown sounds like a front office guy who was beginning to have other teams take notice of him.

Abrams got promoted and will most likely have less influence going forward.  I don't believe Abrams has been a problem for the NY Giants in his time being with the team.  I think while he has adapted to current NFL thinking regarding the salary cap, he has not embraced and utilized all the different ways other teams expanded the salary cap.

16 hours ago, boohyah said:

Kevin Abrams was not the problem. Fact is the new title makes more sense.

15 hours ago, Tempest said:

From what I've read, Brandon Brown sounds like a front office guy who was beginning to have other teams take notice of him.

Abrams got promoted and will most likely have less influence going forward.  I don't believe Abrams has been a problem for the NY Giants in his time being with the team.  I think while he has adapted to current NFL thinking regarding the salary cap, he has not embraced and utilized all the different ways other teams expanded the salary cap.

From what I have read and heard Abrams was a company man.  The long and short of it he was a guy with a title and no real power so to speak.  This is based on my life in those upper management circles.  A lot of politics under the surface with jousts that sometimes become public.  I wish him well and hopefully the Giants right the ship.  He was not good as a potential GM for the Giants and IMHO would need a lot more seasoning to be any teams GM.  Maybe five years from now but definitely not now IMHO.

28 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

From what I have read and heard Abrams was a company man.  The long and short of it he was a guy with a title and no real power so to speak.  This is based on my life in those upper management circles.  A lot of politics under the surface with jousts that sometimes become public.  I wish him well and hopefully the Giants right the ship.  He was not good as a potential GM for the Giants and IMHO would need a lot more seasoning to be any teams GM.  Maybe five years from now but definitely not now IMHO.

I think the ship has passed on Kevin Abrams moving up to General Manager.  

39 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I think the ship has passed on Kevin Abrams moving up to General Manager.  

For sure man.  I think his time has passed and they won't reel the captain's chair out back for him again.  They may give him the title when he retires twenty years from now like an Old Naval Captain retiring with a Rear Admirals flag or Army Colonel with a Brigadier Generals Flag.  That ship has sailed.