SportsWrath

Whelp boys.

BlueInCanada

1 and 4, 0 and 2 in the division and clearly the worst team of it. 

The playoffs and even a six win season are almost an impossibility at this point.

I look forward to the next four year rebuild.

Fire DG and get rid of anyone associated to that fucking loser. 

Judge and his group of loser coaches.

Most of this roster can be throw out as well. 

Jones and Barkley until they can stay healthy can be throw out as well.

It's going to be tough but this process clearly isn't working. 

Inb4 "BuT bUT bUt THe InjURieS!!!!" - all those idiot fans probably. 

6 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

1 and 4, 0 and 2 in the division and clearly the worst team of it. 

The playoffs and even a six win season are almost an impossibility at this point.

I look forward to the next four year rebuild.

Fire DG and get rid of anyone associated to that fucking loser. 

Judge and his group of loser coaches.

Most of this roster can be throw out as well. 

Jones and Barkley until they can stay healthy can be throw out as well.

It's going to be tough but this process clearly isn't working. 

Inb4 "BuT bUT bUt THe InjURieS!!!!" - all those idiot fans probably. 

Didn't get to watch much of the game... but the Eagles had pretty close to a total meltdown last January and they have more wins and look like they've turned more around in 6 months than we have in 4 years.

DG and Judge both need to go and we need to have a fire sale immediately. This team fucking sucks.

As much as I think Toney is beyond idiotic for throwing that punch.

He was pretty much 99% of the team out there today.

Defense didn't show up, players dropping like flies, Jones doing the chicken leg, he was the only one to step up today and play. 

Hes baby Odell but he's a player like Odell.

11 minutes ago, mastershake said:

The worst part is we're in cap hell next year thanks to DG.

I'd do the following:

Available: Saquon, Ryan, Bradberry, Peppers, Golladay (I've personally seen enough), Slayton, Engram, Solder

Debuting for next year/needs more playing time: Toney, Jones, Kaden Smith, Ross, Ojulari, Mc Kinney, most of the O-line.

Keep and build around: Dex Lawrence, Williams, Andrew Thomas

Bottom line is this roster isn't good enough and neither is the front office.

CLEAN HOUSE... THAT IS ALL.  I can live with Jones and Toney staying.  Beyond that the whole offense is up for grabs.  The defense plain needs a better coach.  A college team can probably win against those guys.  If the same thing next year trade them all.  ;)  Time to change and rebuild.  I thought Sheridan was the nadir in defensive coaching.  :laugh:

13 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I'd do the following:

Available: Saquon, Ryan, Bradberry, Peppers, Golladay (I've personally seen enough), Slayton, Engram, Solder

Debuting for next year/needs more playing time: Toney, Jones, Kaden Smith, Ross, Ojulari, Mc Kinney, most of the O-line.

Keep and build around: Dex Lawrence, Williams, Andrew Thomas

Bottom line is this roster isn't good enough and neither is the front office.

- Slayton has 1 more year on his rookie contract. Let me play it out, but at this point consider him a 3rd or 4th WR at best.

- Rudolph, Bradberry, Solder need to be cut in 2022. Bradberry is not worth a $20.5M cap hit when he's playing at a level of a 3rd or 4th CB.

- Shepherd has to go as well. I love him too but we he's far too injury prone and is unreliable, and not worth the massive cap hits he has coming up ($12.5M next year).

- Blake Martinez I'm currently on the fence on. His cap hit is $14M. Might be okay keeping him, but even next is the last year on his contract, so we also need LBs.

- This guy is a lesser concern but why is Sam Beal even on this roster this year? Ditch this guy.

- Barkley. Did we already pick up his 5th yr option for $7.3M for 2022? I'd prefer we move on from him (the 1 yr deal I don't prefer but I wouldn't mind it.... but definitely do not re-sign him to a big contract).

Problem is they need to rebuild at most positions up and down the roster, and it will take at least another 2 years.

May was the deadline and we did pick up Barkley’s option. 

Without Rudolph jumpinG on that fumble we would be 0-5.  But he’s a jag otherwise. 

Bradberry seems uncuttable with his dead cap.  

Cutting Shep next season also would give double the dead cap than cap space.    

We better hit on draft picks because there isn’t a lot else we can do this off-season. 

19 minutes ago, mastershake said:

- Slayton has 1 more year on his rookie contract. Let me play it out, but at this point consider him a 3rd or 4th WR at best.

- Rudolph, Bradberry, Solder need to be cut in 2022. Bradberry is not worth a $20.5M cap hit when he's playing at a level of a 3rd or 4th CB.

- Shepherd has to go as well. I love him too but we he's far too injury prone and is unreliable, and not worth the massive cap hits he has coming up ($12.5M next year).

- Blake Martinez I'm currently on the fence on. His cap hit is $14M. Might be okay keeping him, but even next is the last year on his contract, so we also need LBs.

- This guy is a lesser concern but why is Sam Beal even on this roster this year? Ditch this guy.

- Barkley. Did we already pick up his 5th yr option for $7.3M for 2022? I'd prefer we move on from him (the 1 yr deal I don't prefer but I wouldn't mind it.... but definitely do not re-sign him to a big contract).

Problem is they need to rebuild at most positions up and down the roster, and it will take at least another 2 years.

Bradberry is almost untouchable with his contract restructures I think he's contract is fully guaranteed at this point. 

Williams might be a good move since his contract goes down next year. 

Honestly we may be stuck with this roster for a year before the new GM can really do much.

Unless he can somehow find teams stupid enough to take on horrible contracts for 7th round picks lol 

9 minutes ago, Joe Guyden said:

May was the deadline and we did pick up Barkley’s option. 

Without Rudolph jumpinG on that fumble we would be 0-5.  But he’s a jag otherwise. 

Bradberry seems uncuttable with his dead cap.  

Cutting Shep next season also would give double the dead cap than cap space.    

We better hit on draft picks because there isn’t a lot else we can do this off-season. 

From what I see on Spotrac, Bradberry has a $20.5M cap hit against a $7M dead cap, so if they giants cut him they save $13.5M.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/james-bradberry-19011/

14 hours ago, mastershake said:

The worst part is we're in cap hell next year thanks to DG.

I don’t stress that at all… this line of thinking seems to be applicable every year to most if not all teams….

on paper we have the talent, at least offensively to be better than what’s been accomplished so far…the OL remains and will always be the achilles heal for any football team… Dallas sucked for years and they kept drafting for the OL… we need to keep doing that because teams don’t let go with good OLs… and the mediocre ones like Solder command top $.

Our team was fighting yesterday… freak injuries and a few questionable calls from the refs made the outcome a lot worse… Ive been saying that in the game of football unlike basketball there are too many moving parts… It will be prudent not to look for that ONE thing…

FUCK DALLAS!!!

7 minutes ago, Nas said:

I don’t stress that at all… this line of thinking seems to be applicable every year to most if not all teams….

on paper we have the talent, at least offensively to be better than what’s been accomplished so far…the OL remains and will always be the achilles heal for any football team… Dallas sucked for years and they kept drafting for the OL… we need to keep doing that because teams don’t let go with good OLs… and the mediocre ones like Solder command top $.

Our team was fighting yesterday… freak injuries and a few questionable calls from the refs made the outcome a lot worse… Ive been saying that in the game of football unlike basketball there are too many moving parts… It will be prudent not to look for that ONE thing…

FUCK DALLAS!!!

When during the game was the defense fighting, after the injury prone guys on offense (Barkley, Jones, Golladay, Shepard) all got injured?

Maybe don't build an offense around injury prone guys?

1 minute ago, Nas said:

They were… the Cowboys have a monster OL and a strong mobile QB…

Yeah the giants defense has been a real bright spot this year, especially after they gave up 44 to Dallas, the most that team ever scored (and would have been 50+ if not for two lucky turnovers)

Just now, mastershake said:

Yeah the giants defense has been a real bright spot this year, especially after they gave up 44 to Dallas, the most that team ever scored (and would have been 50+ if not for two lucky turnovers)

You have to discount everything after the 3rd quarter… by then our team was decimated and our D was exhausted helped by the refs…

5 minutes ago, mastershake said:

When during the game was the defense fighting, after the injury prone guys on offense (Barkley, Jones, Golladay, Shepard) all got injured?

Maybe don't build an offense around injury prone guys?

There’s some merit to that but I tend not to like holding injuries against players… they’re part of the game… I don’t discount it completely however..