SportsWrath

Weston Richburg retiring

Sephiroth

I would have liked to have kept him, the offensive line would been better because it was certainly worse after he left.  It is unfortunate that injuries have shortened his career.  Majority of Giants picks these last ten years didn't have a career in the NFL after their rookie contract was up.

Him and Pugh were better players than we gave them credit for.

The problem was they were the following acts to guys like O'hara (although Bass was the first stop gap) and Snee, so even if they were decent players, we still seen a downgrade at those spots.

Unfortunately, football is not for everyone. You can be the most physically gifted athlete. But if your body can’t handle the constant contact and grind, it will break down. This is why we admire this athletes. I wish him good luck.

On 5/25/2021 at 8:47 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Him and Pugh were better players than we gave them credit for.

The problem was they were the following acts to guys like O'hara (although Bass was the first stop gap) and Snee, so even if they were decent players, we still seen a downgrade at those spots.

They both had weird Giants careers. Pugh was missing more and more time and looked like his body was breaking down. I know Arizona was unhappy with him at first but I think he had one season of grading out pretty well for them.

Richburg? Flopped at Guard, but was arguably the best Center in the league the following year. Followed that up with an average season but then missed 12 games... with a concussion? I'm all for player safety but I've never heard of someone missing 12 games with a concussion; in a lost season my guess is there was something else going on there.

33 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

They both had weird Giants careers. Pugh was missing more and more time and looked like his body was breaking down. I know Arizona was unhappy with him at first but I think he had one season of grading out pretty well for them.

Richburg? Flopped at Guard, but was arguably the best Center in the league the following year. Followed that up with an average season but then missed 12 games... with a concussion? I'm all for player safety but I've never heard of someone missing 12 games with a concussion; in a lost season my guess is there was something else going on there.

They were good players when healthy as you said.

But neither one could really stay healthy.

Seems like that's the case with Olineman.

They are either ironman tanks who only miss a handful of games in their career, or they are on and off the injury report every week. 

But as you said both had weird careers, still better than most guys who play in the NFL though.