SportsWrath

Giants sign OLB Ryan Anderson

Herc

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

I'd like to see us draft another LB to play alongside or to provide depth for Blake Martinez. I fear if he goes down with injury, we have like no-one else at LB. Micah Parsons at #11 is starting to make more sense, then maybe go OL in round 2.

At this point I think it's Edge or LB at 11, as you said. 

Parsons if he's gone by 11 then you go with the best pass rusher and pair him with Williams. 

You can't fill every spot with quality backups though, hell it's hard enough just finding 22 quality players to start, sometimes you just got to ride with what you have and hope no one gets hurt. 

Imagine Nickel, Dime and Sub-Packages where the back 6-7 are:

LB Martinez

LB Micah Parsons

S Logan Ryan

S Jabrill Peppers

S Xavier McKinney and/or CB Darnay Holmes (or insert other slot corner here)

CB James Bradberry

CB Adoree Jackson

That's a pretty good crew. 

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

The draft isn't too deep at LB, so Parsons at #11 might make the most sense.

I have no idea what to expect of these edge rushers like Rousseau, Paye, and Jaelen Phillips.

Pretty deep at LB.

Cox, Davis, Browning would make great second round pick ups.

Cox would be great value hes a tackling machine and is a great rusher as well. 80+ tackles, 25+ TFL in his seasons in college. 

Granted Parsons is in a league of his own compared to these guys athletically. 

Either way the Giants can't go wrong with Parsons at #11 or another LB in the second round.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Pretty deep at LB.

Cox, Davis, Browning would make great second round pick ups.

Cox would be great value hes a tackling machine and is a great rusher as well. 80+ tackles, 25+ TFL in his seasons in college. 

Granted Parsons is in a league of his own compared to these guys athletically. 

Either way the Giants can't go wrong with Parsons at #11 or another LB in the second round.

Not many worthy at #11 I mean. Probably just Parsons at #11. Nick Bolton or Zaven Collins would be great if they somehow fall to the 2nd.

Cox, Davis, and Browning seem like they may be more 3rd but I haven't looked at the rankings in a while. Dylan Moses would be cool in the 4th, but some drafts have him going in the 2nd.

On 3/23/2021 at 4:28 PM, mastershake said:

Not many worthy at #11 I mean. Probably just Parsons at #11. Nick Bolton or Zaven Collins would be great if they somehow fall to the 2nd.

Cox, Davis, and Browning seem like they may be more 3rd but I haven't looked at the rankings in a while. Dylan Moses would be cool in the 4th, but some drafts have him going in the 2nd.

If Zaven Collins is there in the second I think he's got a great chance to be the pick. Dude totally looks like a New England linebacker and just think what our DC could do with him.

On 3/23/2021 at 4:28 PM, mastershake said:

I don't think Parsons makes it past the Panthers.