SportsWrath

Wentz traded to Indy

Herc

I was wondering when this was going to happen, there's been rumours about it non stop for the last two weeks. 

The Eagles are going into rebuild mode with a new HC and Wentz contract is just awful.

Indy hopes his old QB coach Reich can make him play the way he did when he first entered the NFL.

I'm wondering which QB is next to move teams. 

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Buy high, sell low. Nice work boys!

But really.. . probably a good play to get what they can. Good deal for both teams, in my view. 

Yeah Indy is in a win now mode, they need a QB, with Stafford already traded the only reasonable QB out there who won't cost 25 first round picks (Wilson, Watson) was Wentz.

The Eagles at best get a mid/late round first, or a mid/late round second, but most importantly free up 30 million in cap space for the rebuild.

Win/win.

Also the condition of the pick going up being that Wentz has to play 70% or more of the snaps, is a great condition.

Wentz starts and looks like he did last year, he gets benched by week 9 or 10 and they don't have to worry about it, the only way Wentz plays more than 70% of the snaps if he returns to form and they are on the way to the playoffs.

30 minutes ago, mastershake said:

It's interesting. What's the % of 1st round QBs who have flopped? I bet it's like 50/50, or something close to that.

Also, I wouldn't call Luck, Tannehill, Stafford, Newton and Goff flops though. 

I wouldn't say he's calling them flops as much as teams pull the trigger quicker on getting rid of under performers.

Gone are the days of QBs having four or five years to develop or holding onto a player longer than their worth, expect if your the Giants lol 

11 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I wouldn't say he's calling them flops as much as teams pull the trigger quicker on getting rid of under performers.

Gone are the days of QBs having four or five years to develop or holding onto a player longer than their worth, expect if your the Giants lol 

Yep. Remember Phil Simms took like 6 years and several injuries before he came into his own.

Now, you have teams like Miami who are ready to give up on Tua after like 6 games. Jesus!