SportsWrath

He still has more steps forward to take but his leadership is on point.

BlueInCanada

Dats my new fucking QB.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/11/daniel-jones -takes-giants-leadership-step-with-texas-workouts/?utm_source=reddit.com

Daniel Jones has succeeded in getting his Giants teammates to follow his lead – a huge step in the development of a young quarterback who turned 23 two weeks ago.

Jones, entering his second NFL season, organized an off-site throwing and catching program with his skill players 

Don't overlook the skill position players who CHOSE to join him. 

Eli tried that, but his teammates didn't seem to want to play along as I recall.  Guys like Tiki, Burress, OBJ...I vaguely remember working out on their own and dismissing the chemistry argument altogether.

I think this bodes well for us so long as Jones doesn't give everyone the Corona.

Not sure the turnout was ever this good, but Eli had lots of off season workouts with teammates. There was a recent story about how he basically ran practices for the team during the lockout in 2011. 

I think the fact we're getting more turnout now than when Eli did it is more about how this roster is constructed.... there aren't personalities on this team like Burress or Beckham. 

27 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think the fact we're getting more turnout now than when Eli did it is more about how this roster is constructed.... there aren't personalities on this team like Burress or Beckham. 

Yeah I think you're probably right.  Could you imagine Shockey giving up his summer of whoring and drinking in Miami to go workout in Texas? 

Yeah Sheperd was a stable at any Eli practice.

I believe OBJ went too a few as well.

It's just good to see that Jones has learned from Eli and is following suit.

Let's just hope the fans don't turn on his in year two like they did Eli.

1 hour ago, boohyah said:

McCoy was a good pickup for this team. Solid backup who can come in and do the job and a good sounding board for Jones. He'll be a big help for Jones on the sideline.

He's embraced the role. 

Some good articles out there where he praises Jones and said Eli left some big shoes to fill in the QB room.

Hoping he can get Jones ready every week.

And as you said a vet who could play, but let's hope not.

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere Daniel Jones was planning to sit down with Tony Romo and get some tip on the new offense. I'm hoping this is true. Jason Garrett's version of Don "Air" Coryell offense is a perfect fit for both Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley. I'm just hoping this line can improve.