SportsWrath

What if....? We didn’t take DJ?

TrashTalker92

I was as shock as anyone when we drafted DJ and I’m sure everyone here and their pet goldfish was about to loose their shit. Before the draft there were some speculations of DJ and I saw a few YouTube vid of his performance and I actually liked it And would be happy if he was pick to be our QB but never at 6 overall.  He has a lot to proved (still). 

What if we drafted Josh Allen At 6th then went with the rest of the draft without a QB selection? Let Eli do his retirement tour?  As bad as bad Eli was going during the season we would’ve end up in the top 5-7 overall and use that pick and taken Tua. Would that be a better script for you guys?

I know tua was hurt and all that in college but after watching films.  This kid has that special something.  DJ fits NY best but would you guys be mad if we got josh Allen then Tua the following year?   

I was shocked, but I reserved judgement till I got to see some film. I’m more than happy with the pick. I believe DJ will be a top 5 QB in the next couple years. 

I would have been happy with the scenario you mentioned as well. Heck I thought for sure they were going to draft Josh Allen anyway. 

We would have drafted Justin Herbert. 

I guess we'll see. Jones to me is going to have an Alex Smith-type career (which is fine, I've always thought Smith has been a very underrated QB for his career). Herbert reminds me of Carson Wentz. 

We'll also have to see what Andrew Thomas becomes. I think he's going to be a top-5 left tackle for the next decade. 

So to me, it's Herbert/Allen vs Jones/Thomas. 

Allen would of obviously helped out the lack of pass rush day 1, however I feel if you have a choice of your franchise QB and a DE, then you are going to take a QB 9 times out of ten.

If we didnt go Jones though I assume we would of drafted Drew Lock in the second round.

Good question.

I wonder if the Giants would have tried to bring in a veteran over drafting a QB like Cam Newton for example.   Going into this season I think we have a lot of talented players on both sides of the ball yet more questions than answers.   

This is akin to trying to time the stock market... hindsight is always 20/20.   We needed a QB and we needed him 4 years ago... We got DJ and no one knows how things will turn out obviously... then we grabbed Barkley and now an LT... so now we're finally drafting for the future as opposed to which hole we need to plug at the moment.   We actually have a pretty good nucleus at CB too if you think about it. 

Next order of business: Pass Rush.