SportsWrath

Any chance we still have a shot at Chase Young??

NeMesiS

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

There's no way he drops last Detroit.

If the Redskins go QB and Detroit trades back we do.

But there's absolutely zero chance he falls past Detroit.

And the Skins got rid of Kerrigan no? They need another edge rusher.

I bet Detroit trades down if the Dolphins give them another 1st round drat pick

50 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I really don't see the big deal.  Think we need an offensive tackle more than a pass rusher just going by the numbers.

My thing is Young is a top 5 heck a top 2 draft pick talent.

I still don't think any of these OTs are worth more than a #15 pick.

Maybe Wirfs simply because he'll probably be a better guard then tackle in the NFL.

But your right at the moment of rather have Solder and a draft pick protecting Jones then Gates and Solder.

Although if we do go OT, which it's looking like at this point unless some crazy bullshit happens in the top 3 picks, I do like Wirfs, guy is an athletic monster who has the versatility to play both tackle positions.

Even if OT is a reach at #4 at this point.

9 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Although if we do go OT, which it's looking like at this point unless some crazy bullshit happens in the top 3 picks, I do like Wirfs, guy is an athletic monster who has the versatility to play both tackle positions.

Even if OT is a reach at #4 at this point.

I haven't watched film on Wirfs yet, but I listened to two separate guys this week that both said they don't get why he's rated as the #1 tackle.  Both said that they'd put him behind Wells and Thomas.  Personally I thought Thomas looked really lumbering in the film I watched;  didn't look like he had very good feet. 

14 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I haven't watched film on Wirfs yet, but I listened to two separate guys this week that both said they don't get why he's rated as the #1 tackle.  Both said that they'd put him behind Wells and Thomas.  Personally I thought Thomas looked really lumbering in the film I watched;  didn't look like he had very good feet. 

Thomas reminds me a bit of Flowers. Huge dude, long arms, strong, good enough feet. Just the way he plays. Don't know anything about his personality. 

On 4/3/2020 at 6:32 PM, BlueInCanada said:

There's no way he drops last Detroit.

If the Redskins go QB and Detroit trades back we do.

But there's absolutely zero chance he falls past Detroit.

And the Skins got rid of Kerrigan no? They need another edge rusher.

Still have Kerrigan, but he's 31 and near contract end. 

They could go either way on edge rusher... It's the least of their many weaknesses, but Young is the clear BPA. 

After his experience with Cam, I wager Rivera is begging to cut bait on Sweaty Haskins. I think QB or trade out is their play. 

And would not be surprised if Detroit thinks Okudah or Simmons is a better fit for them. Actually, I'm not sure that Simmons wouldn't be our pick over Young too, his prospect profile reads like Judge's wishlist for a defensive player.

I remember what one draft analyst said back in January.  Andrew Thomas was the best offensive tackle this season and some how through conversation alone has fallen into the pack of offensive tackles that can be taken in the first round.  The best offensive tackle period is Andrew Thomas.  These other guys are in the conversation because we're just talking about offensive tackles and nothing else.

I tried watching tape of these OL and the problem is I have no idea what I'm supposed looking at or looking for.

So being the lay person, I'm generally looking for 1) Can he handle his assignment (including on twists and stunts) and 2) Is his defender around the ball carrier/close to the QB/pressuring the QB a lot.

Wills looks the like a dominant, smooth, and sound player. Probably pro bowl/lock down caliber. I know he's a RT, but I'd be fine taking him.

Thomas and Wirfs seem solid but nothing spectacular. Probably solid starters in the league, with potential for high ceilings in time.

I'll have to watch Bechton next.

5 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think among the OLs, I go Wills, Wirfs, Becton, Thomas, in that order. I'd be happy with any of them after a trade back. 

I took a look at all these guys last night. Wells appeared to be head and shoulders above the rest of them. 

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

I tried watching tape of these OL and the problem is I have no idea what I'm supposed looking at or looking for.

So being the lay person, I'm generally looking for 1) Can he handle his assignment (including on twists and stunts) and 2) Is his defender around the ball carrier/close to the QB/pressuring the QB a lot.

Wills looks the like a dominant, smooth, and sound player. Probably pro bowl/lock down caliber. I know he's a RT, but I'd be fine taking him.

Thomas and Wirfs seem solid but nothing spectacular. Probably solid starters in the league, with potential for high ceilings in time.

I'll have to watch Bechton next.

I saw the same thing. Becton actually looks pretty good on film but their offense did a lot of 3 step drops so his pass blocking has a really small sample size. 

On 4/5/2020 at 2:07 PM, Sephiroth said:

I saw the same thing. Becton actually looks pretty good on film but their offense did a lot of 3 step drops so his pass blocking has a really small sample size. 

Becton looks like a beast... But his pass protection looks suspect at best. But, he does seem like the OL that both Dave Gentleman and Garrett usually look for. Won't be surprised if we draft him in the first. I just think Andrew Thomas is the safe bet out of all the Tackles in this draft.