SportsWrath

Giant vs Jets 2018 pre season

Lughead

They should cut Stewart but won't

That's the problem they cant really cut Stewart with his guaranteed money, it would be like a 3 million dollar cap hit, if I read correctly.

I think if they cut Brett Jones (which they might) it saves the team a couple million.

That's the problem they cant really cut Stewart with his guaranteed money, it would be like a 3 million dollar cap hit, if I read correctly.

I think if they cut Brett Jones (which they might) it saves the team a couple million.

what about a trade? Who pays then and what will it do to our cap? What team is in need of rb help? Trade for a 7th Rd 2020 or 2021 pick

Colts?

what about a trade? Who pays then and what will it do to our cap? What team is in need of rb help? Trade for a 7th Rd 2020 or 2021 pick

Colts?

Naww never in a million years will we be able to trade Stewart.

RBs are a dime a dozen at the end of pre-season when roster cuts are made, teams just wait for some promising guy to be a cap/roster spot casualty.

It's really the only thing Getty has fucked up so far.

Barkley is the future, Gallman could probably start for some teams in the NFL and Martin/Simmons should be competing for a spot.

You never know though, they could just outright cut Stewart and take the hit, but I dont see it with the contract extension OBJ is getting.

Sure they are a dime a dozen but look what the redskins did with AP. (I believe AP was a straight up sign not trade though) That's kind of what I was getting at 30- 40 in experienced whomever's or AP.... may be the same for Stewart if a team wants experience behind the QB.

Experience is the reason why Giants signed Stewart in the first place. I'm not concerned with having Stewart on the team, waste of time to consider dumping/trading him with the hope of getting a better player. He hasn't done much in the preseason but we aren't missing the playoffs because of him either.

Experience is the reason why Giants signed Stewart in the first place. I'm not concerned with having Stewart on the team, waste of time to consider dumping/trading him with the hope of getting a better player. He hasn't done much in the preseason but we aren't missing the playoffs because of him either.

But they shouldn't have him at #2 over Gallman is the thing.

But they shouldn't have him at #2 over Gallman is the thing.

I agree

Will wait and see what the depth chart looks like in the regular season. Stewart should not be on the field at all this season if Barkley & Gallman are healthy.