SportsWrath

What to do with the rest of the season? Time to look ahead to next year

BleedinBlue

Amukamara will be resigned and some (many?) here will bitch to high heaven that we paid too much.

I like Amukamara. He gets hurt often though, but at least it's not the type of injuries that should have a long term impact. He hasn't played well since coming back from the injury this year, but I think he may still be hurting. I think that will actually help us get him on a good contract.

My uncle owns some sporting goods stores in Florida, and knows a lot of college scouts and whatnot. He gets some good insider info but also sometimes hears stuff that's not true, of course... you know how the rumor mill goes.

Anyways, he heard that if the Giants lose this weekend, everyone is gone. TC, Reese, the training staff, and many of the players. They're going to blow the whole thing up. Take what you want from that, but it'd sure be an interesting offseason for once (though it will be hard to top the legendary J.T. Thomas signing).

LOL, that sounds like the sports version of..."my uncle works at Nintendo..."

I gotta say its nice that three of the keepers are on the o-line. Then we got a qb, a superstar receiver and two good corners. That's a good foundation to build from. The only crucial thing missing that you build out from is pass rushers. We got our work cut out for us but at least we aren't married to too much bad cap

I gotta say its nice that three of the keepers are on the o-line. Then we got a qb, a superstar receiver and two good corners. That's a good foundation to build from. The only crucial thing missing that you build out from is pass rushers. We got our work cut out for us but at least we aren't married to too much bad cap

Yeah those are the guys I'd keep too, along with the special teams guys.

It'll be interesting to see what direction the new guy goes in. If it's Cowher, we know it'd be linebackers, TE, and a running game.

gotta keep Robert Ayers too , he has been fairly impressive in my opinion

44 QB disruptions ( 9 sacks , 12 hits , 23 hurries ) ....not bad

gotta keep Robert Ayers too , he has been fairly impressive in my opinion

44 QB disruptions ( 9 sacks , 12 hits , 23 hurries ) ....not bad

He has surprised many with his production, especially given the other side of the line, yet I still think we should prepare as if he'll be a rotational player as opposed to an every down guy.

He has surprised many with his production, especially given the other side of the line, yet I still think we should prepare as if he'll be a rotational player as opposed to an every down guy.

yes you are probably right gmenroc but 44 QB disruptions in just 342 pass rush snaps this year is a good performance

yes you are probably right gmenroc but 44 QB disruptions in just 342 pass rush snaps this year is a good performance[/size]

Prepare as if he'll be a rotational player and if he surprises again, that's bonus for us. Not saying that his performance was anything less than solid this year, assuming the numbers you posted are accurate (I don't make a habit out of double checking people on here).