SportsWrath

INT, INT, Punt, punt punt,punt, punt, INT, punt, punt

Virginia Giant

You think the Pats fans aren't complaining about injuries?? Ofcourse they are. I for one am not going to blame the injuries for sucky play - that's what coaches are there for - to be able to overcome that by changing the style of play. I would like to say that the Giants are a team that thrives on coerciveness - if they can get through 3-4 weeks with the same players on the field they suddenly switch to another gear. It is a weakness AND a strength. That hasn't happened unfortunately that's stopping this Giants team from being better. But then again - no excuse - they should find a way. And I think they will - this season itself.

I've seen at least five facebook posts this week about how the only reason the Patriots lost is because they had injuries.

yeah.... and if the Giants didn't have four starters on the OL missing or misplaced, a starting TE out (not named Gronk, but still), hobbled (Randle) and missing (Cruz) WRs?.....

Not making excuses... just saying that we can do the same kind of "analysis" on almost every team in the NFL.

I don't really have a problem with it in principle if its.... serious analysis.... but then you get the fans who only consider the injuries on their OWN team, and its just eye roll worthy.

Sticking with the Patriots example, yeah, they were missing some guys.... and they got beat by a team that was missing Peyton Manning and a few other guys too. And almost got beat the week before that by an, at the time, even more hobbled Giants team.

The Broncos are relatively healthy other than losing clady for the millionth time and manning (if he even is actually hurt) is done anyway. Osweiler Is probably an upgrade at this point. The Bills were basically healthy until Taylor got hurt at the end of the game and the pats still pushed 7 points at home.

Injuries impact a team's performance, other teams have them too, but they shouldn't be discounted

Not many giant fans would want to talk about how much gronks injury affected the pats in our Super Bowl win. I'll gladly acknowledge that that hurt them more than almost any other Giants injury would hurt us. Does Blackburn body him and make that pick if Gronk is at even 75%?

Not many giant fans would want to talk about how much gronks injury affected the pats in our Super Bowl win. I'll gladly acknowledge that that hurt them more than almost any other Giants injury would hurt us. Does Blackburn body him and make that pick if Gronk is at even 75%?

I don't have a problem discussing it, we're talking about a guy who is hands down the best at his position. And whether or not it would have been an INT, I would say 'maybe', but only because that was one of the worst throws I've ever seen Brady make. I think Gronk probably breaks it up if he's 100% though.

And its against my religion to suggest that any QB could be an upgrade over Peyton Manning. You say Osweiler.... I say blasphemy!

Yeah all I'm saying is that I was VERY happy when we found out how hurt gronk was gonna be in the superbowl.

I know its hard to believe how fast these guys fall off a cliff. Brady still looks great but this time next year he could be going through what manning is going through. I never liked Kobe but I hear on the radio this morning that he shot like 7-30 last night and it just made me depressed

You think the Pats fans aren't complaining about injuries?? Ofcourse they are. I for one am not going to blame the injuries for sucky play - that's what coaches are there for - to be able to overcome that by changing the style of play. I would like to say that the Giants are a team that thrives on coerciveness - if they can get through 3-4 weeks with the same players on the field they suddenly switch to another gear. It is a weakness AND a strength. That hasn't happened unfortunately that's stopping this Giants team from being better. But then again - no excuse - they should find a way. And I think they will - this season itself.

I wasn't talking about Pats fans I meant the team. They don't seem to get hung up on the injuries and penalties. I was really surprised in the game against (you guys I believe) where the ref called the play dead and Brady was a good yard or two from the sideline. The pass looks like it could have gone for a touchdown. The ref told Belicheck they screwed up and he just nodded and went on. Could you imagine what Rex Ryan would do in that situation? Most coaches for that matter

I don't see the Giants complaining about injuries...it's fans and mostly, the media. And just to note, Patriots' injuries were just about all that was talked about on Sunday night.

True, I haven't heard many Giants players blaming losses on injuries although I don't follow Giants interviews that much.

I wasn't talking about Pats fans I meant the team. They don't seem to get hung up on the injuries and penalties. I was really surprised in the game against (you guys I believe) where the ref called the play dead and Brady was a good yard or two from the sideline. The pass looks like it could have gone for a touchdown. The ref told Belicheck they screwed up and he just nodded and went on. Could you imagine what Rex Ryan would do in that situation? Most coaches for that matter

Damn good coaching. Just... so damn good.

Yeah it was against the bills but the ball was still in the air when the whistle blew so it turned out to be the right result

He was furious sunday night when the refs called the excess timeout due to the injury to the bronco and they wound the clock before the snap. The announcers said that was the correct procedure though

That fucking crybaby gets furious every time something doesn't go his way. He's a great QB but holy hell, what a little bitch.

Mik, Bill was frosted about that miscall, he is less emotional in his displays though. It wasn't against us, though.

That's right, the Bills. What a horribly officiated game against both teams. Running off the clock at the end when the receiver made it out of bounds was ridiculous and their excuse was even worse. "He gave himself up". Bullshit, he got himself out of bounds.

Most of the refs are high school teachers during the week and show up Sunday morning to ref a game. They could give a fuck if a call costs a team the game

Worse than that, they can kill you on fanduel with a BS call.

They need to employ them full time. games are won and lost by guys who are part time people. The NFL are some cheap bastids!

Rookie NFL refs make $75,000 a year. Senior ones make just under $200,000. They get paid plenty. Really they should make less calls other than calls related to player safety. They should be instructed to be on the side of "no call" unless it's obvious. Just call the blatant stuff and let people play. I get the safety issue things so be tougher on those but all of the very minor holding shit should be ignored. All this push to increase scoring just ends up cheapening the game. Throw it long, good chance you'll get a pass interference call. That's bullshit football

They HAVE to either make PI reviewable or turn it into a blanket, 15 yard penalty. Too many games are won and loss or at the least impacted by questionable, ticky-tacky PI calls. The defensive backs can't do their job without fear of giving up a spot of the foul penalty. It's a ridiculous concept and it assumes the ball 100% would be caught if there was no PI, which is ludicrous. They don't even utilize the Uncatchable Ball portion of the rule...I'm not sure if they took it out but I haven't seen that ruling in years. At least being Uncatchable was some kind of safe guard.

They HAVE to either make PI reviewable or turn it into a blanket, 15 yard penalty. Too many games are won and loss or at the least impacted by questionable, ticky-tacky PI calls. The defensive backs can't do their job without fear of giving up a spot of the foul penalty. It's a ridiculous concept and it assumes the ball 100% would be caught if there was no PI, which is ludicrous. They don't even utilize the Uncatchable Ball portion of the rule...I'm not sure if they took it out but I haven't seen that ruling in years. At least being Uncatchable was some kind of safe guard.

Will somebody please check the temperature in hell? Must be damn cold down there, because I agree with Driz!