SportsWrath

Giants haven't tendered JPP yet...

Treehugger

J.J. Watt.

Lol who are you? Dude had 3 sacks until we started playing the Jacksonvilles of the schedule.

Oh the guy who has as many tackles as JPP and was just given a $110 million contract and no defensive player in the NFL is worth that. Jason Pierre Paul is as good as JJ Watt and I would love to pay him less than JJ Watt to keep him. For a person who thinks we should have a pro bowler at every position its ridiculous to let one walk away since we don't have another pro bowler at the defensive end position.

Judging a defensive end just by sack numbers is as ridiculous as judging a running back only by rushing touchdowns.

Oh the guy who has as many tackles as JPP and was just given a $110 million contract and no defensive player in the NFL is worth that. Jason Pierre Paul is as good as JJ Watt and I would love to pay him less than JJ Watt to keep him. For a person who thinks we should have a pro bowler at every position its ridiculous to let one walk away since we don't have another pro bowler at the defensive end position.

Judging a defensive end just by sack numbers is as ridiculous as judging a running back only by rushing touchdowns.

Lol.

Pretty sure this conversation is no longer worth having.

JJ Watt is probably the most overrated football player in the NFL. The talking heads act like he has the impact of a guy like LT when he has approximately a quarter of the impact. Remember how he did next to nothing against the Giants, who had a brand new offensive line? Or how he spent the first five games of the season doing nothing?

He's probably the best DE in football.

But yeah the talking heads have him pegged already to be the next LT, like you said.

He probably is. I just don't think he is a complete player.

And just because Houston has some lame fascination with having him run a route out into the flat on the goal line and he occasionally grabbed a touchdown shouldn't factor into the MVP consideration. Yet espn thinks that's world changing.

Plus, they play the jags twice a year. That accounts for 6 fucking sacks right there. The giants anemic defensive line dropped the jags qbs what? 7 times in one game?

Throw him in the NFC east and against guys like peters, Williams, and Tyron smith and let's see how he does.

he's overrated in the sense that it's a joke that he's in an mvp discussion for padding his stats with a few 1 yard TD's but i wouldn't put JPP in his class.

if the coverage of him is nauseating now just wait til 2016 (or god even next year) when these talking heads start saying he's better than LT

I'd hate to be Reese--this reeks of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

JPP has talent, but how does it balance with inconsistent pass rushing; a nasty habit of collapsing into the middle of the line allowing outside runs; and a history of nagging injuries that are reminiscent of Tuck?

The "I was in the bathroom" comment after a loss bugs me, too. Probably more than it should, but still...

JPP's worth keeping to be sure--but it's really going to depend on the price, the direction the defense goes in the future, and how much Reese is willing to gamble that he's going to be more healthy than not.

I'd be very wary about how I structure a long contract with him.