SportsWrath

Giants Sign Rashad Jennings

Gman329

i wanted to keep joseph too, but jennings' contract is likely pretty cheap so he's not a reason why we didn't keep joseph

Jennings is 28 and will not be on the team in 3 years. Linval could have been here for 5 with a little more money. Not only that RB come a dime a dozen. DT's dont.

i think what makes it an excellent signing as opposed to a very good one, is that there was a top-notch offensive linemen that was signed at the same time.

If it had only been Jennings, many of us would have been asking about the offensive line

true but even if we didn't sign schwartz yet there'd still be time to sign someone/draft someone. i agree though that spending money on a rb is useless if we don't take steps to fix the line

Jennings is 28 and will not be on the team in 3 years. Linval could have been here for 5 with a little more money. Not only that RB come a dime a dozen. DT's dont.

it's a lot more money. if we wanted to keep joseph it probably wouldn't have precluded us from signing jennings. also jennings is a very young 28, he doesn't have a lot of NFL carries

I don't know why the infatuation for Joseph... he was good but not that great... and I think we have enough DTs on the roster to make him rather expendable... not to mention we have Hankin who should see the field a lot more this season.

I don't know why the infatuation for Joseph... he was good but not that great... and I think we have enough DTs on the roster to make him rather expendable... not to mention we have Hankin who should see the field a lot more this season.

Yeah Linval was a decent DT, but let's not act like he was a probowl player or something.

Cofield was a better DT when he left for the 'Skins, Joesph was serviceable but honestly I'm fine with Hankins and Jenkins starting. All the Giant's have to do is sign some backup help or even draft some DT who can come into the rotation.

I'd much rather get help at the RB position with Andre Brown never being able to finish a full season and who the fuck knows what David Wilson is going to do this year, the kid has been so fucked over with how he was handled by the coaches.

Yeah Linval was a decent DT, but let's not act like he was a probowl player or something.

Cofield was a better DT when he left for the 'Skins, Joesph was serviceable but honestly I'm fine with Hankins and Jenkins starting. All the Giant's have to do is sign some backup help or even draft some DT who can come into the rotation.

I'd much rather get help at the RB position with Andre Brown never being able to finish a full season and who the fuck knows what David Wilson is going to do this year, the kid has been so fucked over with how he was handled by the coaches.

So many years later and it still hurts to see Cofield wearing another uniform.

Speaking of DT, don't we still have (is it Peterson) a former Eagle? I recall he wreaked havoc off the bench being fresh and all. Now if the Giants can only land that D-Smith (center) guy I would be ecstatic.

I'm not too happy about the thought of Beason leaving us for the Broncos... I can live with Tuck being gone but Beason made the Giants D that much better.

Speaking of DT, don't we still have (is it Peterson) a former Eagle? I recall he wreaked havoc off the bench being fresh and all. Now if the Giants can only land that D-Smith (center) guy I would be ecstatic.

I'm not too happy about the thought of Beason leaving us for the Broncos... I can live with Tuck being gone but Beason made the Giants D that much better.

It's a numbers game, the Giant's know that Beason made the D better, with some vetern leadership and FINALLY starting LB quality play, however if the Broncos are willing to pay top shelf money for the guy the Giant's just simply cant spend that cash on him when also trying to fill all the other holes on the team.

I hope the Giant's send him a solid offer, but if another team is willing to pay him something with a lot of money up front guaranteed, I could see him taking the offer.

However the Giant's have options, Nick Barnett could come in and step in for Beason, although older he would hold the spot down for acouple seasons. London Fletcher is looking to play for another team and he is still a good quality starting LB that has one maybe two seasons left in the tank.

Really other guys the Giant's might look at are Costanzo out of Chicago and Fletcher. Both are good special teams players who could potentially come in and start inside for the Giant's, they wont cost much, however it's playing with other teams cast offs again at LB.

And who knows maybe Reese will finally find a stud LB in the draft, I hear there are some solid MLBs that will be available in the second round.

it's a lot more money. if we wanted to keep joseph it probably wouldn't have precluded us from signing jennings. also jennings is a very young 28, he doesn't have a lot of NFL carries

A "young 28" doesnt hold water for me. The fact is he is not gonna be on the team in 3 years. And if he is how much longer after that? Theres no reason we couldnt have matched the offer LJ got. It just makes more sense to me to go after a RB in the draft. Brown will be back and Hillis isnt a world beater but can do a decent job when called on.

28 is only "old" under the assumption that the guy has been getting a bunch of snaps since he was a rookie. 28 isn't old if you've been riding the bench the whole time.

why does he have to be on the team 3 years from now? rb isn't a long term position. these guys have a short shelf life, jennings' shelf life basically just began last year. the fact that they are a dime a dozen is why you don't invest high draft picks, long term contracts or big bucks in them.

the hillis contract really isn't that good. we can match his productivity with a guy off the street for vet minimum pay instead of the 2 year 1.8 mil commitment we're giving him.

Patterson is a FA and we could probably re-sign him as well as Shaun Rogers. We have 33 yr old Cullen Jenkins and Hankins penciled in as starters at the moment.

Patterson is a FA and we could probably re-sign him as well as Shaun Rogers. We have 33 yr old Cullen Jenkins and Hankins penciled in as starters at the moment.

Patterson is very good and signing him all but keeps that position up to speed.

oh that's not bad then. there's really no reason a team that bad with not a lot of cap room should be signing jennings at his price

only $100,000 guaranteed. jennings had a fairly severe concussion last year. maybe they didn't want to chance it.