SportsWrath

Who are our top 7 building blocks on the roster?

osi724dasack

Yea, winning Superbowls (Coughlin x2), not making it to the NFCCG and having nothing to show for it aside from a shitty draft position.

As for Tuna... Well, I refer to him as Prickcells, but it has nothing to do with him getting irate on the field. LOL I don't remember him (or Coughlin) ever being a disrespectful little bitch to an opposing coach or the fans.

idk, blue. i think he's one of those types you hate unless he's on your side. I don't think Coughlin had much to do with a guy taking a punt off his knee. I'll take a coach who delivers the NFCCG his 1st 3 years in the league.

idk, blue. i think he's one of those types you hate unless he's on your side. I don't think Coughlin had much to do with a guy taking a punt off his knee. I'll take a coach who delivers the NFCCG his 1st 3 years in the league.

Over a coach that has won two Superbowls?

Lol wtf

Not to mention Harbaugh walked into honestly one of the best situations he could of in San Fran, all they needed was a decent head coach, they had one of the best run games and defenses in the league.

It's basically the same situation that Gruden walked into in Tampa Bay when he won his SB.

Coughlin inherited a team that was 4-12 and in a rebuild.

yes, we're talking about the present , not the past. And the 49ers were 5-11 when he took over. Best of situations?

What are you smokin?

Honestly if you don't think the Haurbaugh took over a gold mine when he walked into San Fran, I dont know what to tell you.

He had the exact same defense he had in place when he took over along with the same running game, all he did was hit it with some kid who can run at QB.

And they were 6-10 with some old LB trying to play HC on that team, who was eventually shown the door.

It's the exact same as Reid taking over in Kansas City or the other brother in Baltimore, they walked into the right situation.

3x in a row NFC Championship game. Isn't winning what this is all about? Tuna was kind of a prick too (That should wake up Defiler)

So you'd rather have NFC Championships instead of Super Bowls? TC has a two decade track record of success, there's no way I'd trade that for the flavor of the week... especially when his "success" isn't enough and he already wants out. Talk about a whiny bitch... that guy is going full Ditka.

No one has ever done what he's done in their first 3 years in the league. You want to discredit it, go ahead. The team was a mess.

He took on a team that had an all pro defense and had a solid running game, it's not like he was walking into the Jaguars or the 4 and 12 Giant's of 2003.

He went to a team that was a good coach away from being an great team.

I'm not discrediting what he did but it's not like he turned around a disembodied franchise that was basement dweller team, honestly he walked into a dream job for any coach in the league.

It's what Reid did this last season as well.

Harbaugh can have all his college awards and NFC championships he wants, he still hasnt won the big game. If anything he should be rewarded for bringing his DC from college with him to the pros, he's the guy that has made that team into something with that defense.

So you'd rather have NFC Championships instead of Super Bowls? TC has a two decade track record of success, there's no way I'd trade that for the flavor of the week... especially when his "success" isn't enough and he already wants out. Talk about a whiny bitch... that guy is going full Ditka.

I think coughlin won't be here after next season. i want best available

'm not discrediting what he did but it's not like he turned around a disembodied franchise that was basement dweller team, honestly he walked into a dream job for any coach in the league.

you should check the 49ers record from 2003 until 2011.

Just remember Coughlin was a head coach a long time before winning a Super Bowl. I have the utmost respect for Tom but you can't compare the two. Tom is in the twilight of his career, and this very well may be his last year coaching. At some point, be it next year or not, the Giants will need to hire a new head coach.

I'm with Fringe, what Harbaugh has done in his first 3 seasons is nothing short of remarkable. I hate his histrionics on the sideline, but he's an intense guy and his team CLEARLY responds to him and follows him. He also took a QB that was a failure with several other head coaches and turned his career around with him, had great success, then had the balls to go to Kaepernick when the team was still on top with Smith.

Coughlin had his success in Jacksonville, but he finished his tenure there with three straight losing seasons and lost the team along the way, and narrowly avoided losing the Giants' locker room as well prior to the '07 season. To his credit he changed and became a Super Bowl champion. But Coughlin was an NFL head coach for 11 seasons before becoming a Super Bowl champion. And many people wrote him off in NFL circles as a guy who'd never get there. Harbaugh hasn't won the Super Bowl yet, but come on, he's had incredible success in just his first 3 seasons, I mean, his regular season record is 36-11-1.

Not saying I want him, but there's no doubt he's among the top tier, elite head coaches in the NFL.

I don't get the "inheritance" factor that everyone brings up. People point to Gruden. He wa a tuck rule away from going to the SB with Oakland, and they got there the next year. So, who gets credit for that? Joe Bugel?

My point is everyone pays their dues and inherits crap and gold. What you do with it makes you who you are.

Had the balls to go to Kaep, but you can't tell me he really believed in him because the 9ers were the "secret" team after Peyton Manning. I'll never believe that.

Well he's not the GM but I believe the Manning romance preceeded the switch from Alex. That was more about Alex than Colin

Well he's not the GM but I believe the Manning romance preceeded the switch from Alex. That was more about Alex than Colin

I mean Smith just lead your team to an NFCCG. He was pretty much the sole reason (outside two plays) the 9ers didn't win, I'd have signed Manning and given everything he wanted to him. Could you imagine Manning with that defense? My gawd.

yes, we're talking about the present , not the past. And the 49ers were 5-11 when he took over. Best of situations?

What are you smokin?

The 9ers have benefited from not having a QB who commands a huge chunk of their cap... soon enough they'll join the rest of the league and have to rehash their books.

Oh yeah, I'm not giving up on Manning yet either. But neither would I extend him right now. He's lead the league in picks the past two seasons and has a new OC. I know the popular position now is to kick the can down the road in regards to his cap hit, but I think you pay him now and see what you have moving forward after this season.

I hear all the Joseph love and honestly, I just don't see it. I don't think he's a bad player but he's not a top 5 DT, but that's what he's expected to be paid like. I have a hard time remembering his big plays during his Giants tenure... and we had to bring in Jenkins, Patterson, and Rogers to improve the run D even when he was a starter. He's not bad but I wouldn't give him more than 4 million per season... that money can be better spent elsewhere.

Joseph is very solid.....but I agree. He's going to command the sort of money that frankly is much more needed on the offensive line.

The Giants loaded up at DT, presumably because they figured Joseph might be signed away.

Compare the defensive interior to the offensive interior, and it's like night and day. Pugh is looking good, but he was a rookie. Boothe is Boothe.....he'll always be a solid utility guy, but borderline starter.....certainly not the type of guy you want on the field on 4th and 1.

Diehl is gone, Mosley might eventually become a starter, but that's still a gamble.....much better for Mosley to fight for a spot than assume he's the future at guard. Cordle is depth, with some upside, but is not a force on the inside. And Beatty is either going to bounce back, or he'll be a huge waste of money. Eli's blindside confidence was fucking shot midway through the season.

Brewer was a typical case of Reese once again falling for the Magic Beans........a guy whose scout profile indicated was a huge fucking man who couldn't move or block worth shit in the passing game and running game. As usual, Reese fell in love with the physical specimen, and assumed that he could perform better at the pro level than the college level. Still trying to figure out that fucking logic.

Baas is Baas.....COMPLETELY UNDEPENDABLE, and on those extremely rare days that he's 100%, he's fine, but nothing more.

Would be great if they could milk one more solid year out of Snee, but that's not very likely.

Giants DESPERATELY need to upgrade both guards, and their center, and might have to think about left tackle (which would totally suck)........so, they need a few guys, including guys that might need to play left tackle. Beatty might have guaranteed money, but he sure as fuck shouldn't be guaranteed to spend the entire season at left tackle unless he dramatically improves his pass protection.

Given all the issues on the offensive line, they can't pay Linval Joseph All-Pro money, regardless of how attractive his age and ability will make him in the free agent market.

Just remember Coughlin was a head coach a long time before winning a Super Bowl. I have the utmost respect for Tom but you can't compare the two. Tom is in the twilight of his career, and this very well may be his last year coaching. At some point, be it next year or not, the Giants will need to hire a new head coach.

I'm with Fringe, what Harbaugh has done in his first 3 seasons is nothing short of remarkable. I hate his histrionics on the sideline, but he's an intense guy and his team CLEARLY responds to him and follows him. He also took a QB that was a failure with several other head coaches and turned his career around with him, had great success, then had the balls to go to Kaepernick when the team was still on top with Smith.

Coughlin had his success in Jacksonville, but he finished his tenure there with three straight losing seasons and lost the team along the way, and narrowly avoided losing the Giants' locker room as well prior to the '07 season. To his credit he changed and became a Super Bowl champion. But Coughlin was an NFL head coach for 11 seasons before becoming a Super Bowl champion. And many people wrote him off in NFL circles as a guy who'd never get there. Harbaugh hasn't won the Super Bowl yet, but come on, he's had incredible success in just his first 3 seasons, I mean, his regular season record is 36-11-1.

Not saying I want him, but there's no doubt he's among the top tier, elite head coaches in the NFL.

I don't want to bust on Harbaugh....I think he's a good coach, even with his annoying personality.

But, Coughlin has won 2 Superbowls, and had to do it with flawed teams, on the road.

Harbaugh has maybe the most talented roster in the NFL, and yeah, going to 3 NFCCGs is a pretty admirable accomplishment, but he didn't finish the job.

Look at that 2010 draft......Anthony Davis....Mike Iupati....Navarro Bowman.... by Singletary's final year, they had a pretty solid team, but by then, the team was tuning him out.

Maybe I'm a complete rube, but I see McAdoo as the next head coach......first, he's going to supercharge this offense.

All Reese needs to do is make some wise decisions with the offensive line, and this Giants team can make on final run with Coughlin, and then hand the deal over to McAdoo. I really think he's going to be the next guy.

Joseph is very solid.....but I agree. He's going to command the sort of money that frankly is much more needed on the offensive line.

The Giants loaded up at DT, presumably because they figured Joseph might be signed away.

Compare the defensive interior to the offensive interior, and it's like night and day. Pugh is looking good, but he was a rookie. Boothe is Boothe.....he'll always be a solid utility guy, but borderline starter.....certainly not the type of guy you want on the field on 4th and 1.

Diehl is gone, Mosley might eventually become a starter, but that's still a gamble.....much better for Mosley to fight for a spot than assume he's the future at guard. Cordle is depth, with some upside, but is not a force on the inside. And Beatty is either going to bounce back, or he'll be a huge waste of money. Eli's blindside confidence was fucking shot midway through the season.

Brewer was a typical case of Reese once again falling for the Magic Beans........a guy whose scout profile indicated was a huge fucking man who couldn't move or block worth shit in the passing game and running game. As usual, Reese fell in love with the physical specimen, and assumed that he could perform better at the pro level than the college level. Still trying to figure out that fucking logic.

Baas is Baas.....COMPLETELY UNDEPENDABLE, and on those extremely rare days that he's 100%, he's fine, but nothing more.

Would be great if they could milk one more solid year out of Snee, but that's not very likely.

Giants DESPERATELY need to upgrade both guards, and their center, and might have to think about left tackle (which would totally suck)........so, they need a few guys, including guys that might need to play left tackle. Beatty might have guaranteed money, but he sure as fuck shouldn't be guaranteed to spend the entire season at left tackle unless he dramatically improves his pass protection.

Given all the issues on the offensive line, they can't pay Linval Joseph All-Pro money, regardless of how attractive his age and ability will make him in the free agent market.

One guy who's flown under the radar but might end up as a servicable pro is Eric Herman. He's got decent measurables and word around the Giants is that he reminds people a lot of Rich Seubert, especially with his attitude and work ethic. Here's an old article on the guy.

Wishful thinking probably, I know... but it's not like we've got a whole lot of young talent there either.

herman_infographic.jpg