SportsWrath

Draft Position

Nas

I don't know teams behind us like Jacksonville and Tennessee play each other so it would be hard to go five spots down. We need to keep rooting for dummy teams like Atlanta to win.

It seems no matter what happens Washington will pick ahead of us.

Not after trading their 1st round pick away for RG the Third.

From what it looks like we will be picking around 11 to 14.

Oh I know Washington doesn't have a 1st rounder but whoever got their pick will pick ahead if us no?

And for fuck sake we're gonna suck this bad and still pick 10th or after?

Oh I know Washington doesn't have a 1st rounder but whoever got their pick will pick ahead if us no?

Yeah it looks like the Rams are going to pick twice in the top 10.

They should be able to get their franchise QB and maybe even the best WR available to help him out.

The Giants if they keep sucking and other bad teams win another game or so might be able to get inside the top 10 but as it looks the Giants will be picking after that.

The Rams get the 2nd overall pick from Washington, they'll take Matthews.

Yeah it looks like the Rams are going to pick twice in the top 10.

They should be able to get their franchise QB and maybe even the best WR available to help him out.

The Giants if they keep sucking and other bad teams win another game or so might be able to get inside the top 10 but as it looks the Giants will be picking after that.

Rams are picking 2nd and 14 has of now. They won't be replacing Bradford.

Rams are picking 2nd and 14 has of now. They won't be replacing Bradford.

There's no way the keep Bradford on the team as their QB of the future.

Clemens gives them better QB play and I highly doubt they want him as their "franchise" QB

From what I've heard this draft is a lot deeper then last years in terms of QB talent, I guess depending on who elects to enter, so I can't see the Rams wasting more time on the Bradford experiment if someone is sitting there.

There's no way the keep Bradford on the team as their QB of the future.

Clemens gives them better QB play and I highly doubt they want him as their "franchise" QB

From what I've heard this draft is a lot deeper then last years in terms of QB talent, I guess depending on who elects to enter, so I can't see the Rams wasting more time on the Bradford experiment if someone is sitting there.

This ones a little better at the top with Bridgewater, Blake Bortles(Hasn't declared yet) and Derek Carr, Oregon's Mariota is staying in school and probably UCLA's Hundley will too.

1- Houston Texans 2-12

2- St.Louis Rams (through Wash 3-11)

3,4,5,6,7,8 Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Atlanta (4-10)

9,10,11 Tennessee, Buffalo, NY Giants (5-9)

Depending on quality of victories, the Giants are looking at a draft spot between 9th and 11th. That will change in the next couple of weeks.

Yesterday was a good day as Pittsburg won, Atlanta won, Green Bay won, Minnesota won, and Buffalo won, moving all of them down one spot in the draft. From here on, I'm rooting for all the 4-10 and 5-9 teams to win (except the Giants). A couple of wins by shit teams could mean the difference between drafting 11th or 7th...which is a huge difference in round one.

The whole idea of "moral victories" is a joke - there is no moral lift if the Giants win a game. It's a horrible way to watch football, but that's what it has come down to.

fuck draft position, rookies are a crap shoot. I'd rather see the team work towards improving for next season... win, lose, I know it doesn't really matter at this point, but dropping games for draft position is rooted in a loser mentality and I sure don't want to see it.

While rookies are a crap shoot, there aren't 1000's of scouting people out there ranking prospects for nothing. While there are certainly first round busts, and even #1 overall busts, there's certainly an inarguable better opportunity for teams who draft at the top of each round, to improve their rosters.

As for rooting for a loss, it's not so much that as it is rooting for what's best for your team. What's best for this team, given the elimination from playoff contention that occurred last week or the week before, is a better draft pick.

The whole idea of "moral victories" is a joke - there is no moral lift if the Giants win a game. It's a horrible way to watch football, but that's what it has come down to.

I agree with a team like this... lots of veterans who have been around for a while. If this was Eli's rookie year and they had a young running back, entire position (O-line for example), etc. that needed experience, you can sometimes take something from those victories (the Cowboys' game from Eli's rookie year, for example). I think it's good to end the year on a high note for younger teams.

We know what these guys are; there's no reason to keep your vets in there and not see what you've got with the younger guys.

Oh, and all you have to do is go to espn.com, look at the nfl page, click standings, and make sure you're looking at the league...not just division or conference.

You'll see the Giants are 9th from the bottom...giving us the 9th pick overall at this point.

fuck draft position, rookies are a crap shoot. I'd rather see the team work towards improving for next season... win, lose, I know it doesn't really matter at this point, but dropping games for draft position is rooted in a loser mentality and I sure don't want to see it.

Well...the way I see it, half this team is gone next year. Even our best players like Rolle make so much money that he is part of the reason we are in cap hell. There will be a housecleaning and we'll need a printout of the roster just to keep track of our new team. Drafting rookies is a crapshoot, but it's better to have a shot at the ones who are lower risk which are generally speaking, the guys in the trench. And our trench needs a fixin!

Honestly, are you going to feel better about this team if we beat Detroit next week and the Skins the following week? Anything that takes place in the next two weeks will be nothing that is working towards improvement. The suckiness of this team started last year when we completely stunk it up at the last half of the season and it continued right into this entire season. Beating the Skins on our home turf isn't going to show us that the team has turned around. The tweaking of schemes and experimental fixes for the last 1 1/2 seasons has shown us all we need to know. If we look sharp the next two weeks, I will not feel as if this team has turned the corner and all our problems are gone.

While rookies are a crap shoot, there aren't 1000's of scouting people out there ranking prospects for nothing. While there are certainly first round busts, and even #1 overall busts, there's certainly an inarguable better opportunity for teams who draft at the top of each round, to improve their rosters.

As for rooting for a loss, it's not so much that as it is rooting for what's best for your team. What's best for this team, given the elimination from playoff contention that occurred last week or the week before, is a better draft pick.

the only reason your argument has merit is that the NFL has finally gotten the rookie pay scale right, so now a high draft pick is not an economic burden.

but I still don't like it.

win or lose, I don't really care... but you don't improve your team by trying to lose.

Well...the way I see it, half this team is gone next year. Even our best players like Rolle make so much money that he is part of the reason we are in cap hell. There will be a housecleaning and we'll need a printout of the roster just to keep track of our new team. Drafting rookies is a crapshoot, but it's better to have a shot at the ones who are lower risk which are generally speaking, the guys in the trench. And our trench needs a fixin!

Honestly, are you going to feel better about this team if we beat Detroit next week and the Skins the following week? Anything that takes place in the next two weeks will be nothing that is working towards improvement. The suckiness of this team started last year when we completely stunk it up at the last half of the season and it continued right into this entire season. Beating the Skins on our home turf isn't going to show us that the team has turned around. The tweaking of schemes and experimental fixes for the last 1 1/2 seasons has shown us all we need to know. If we look sharp the next two weeks, I will not feel as if this team has turned the corner and all our problems are gone.

It all depends on what happens on the field.

I agree with what everybody is saying about playing younger players though. Seeing the Giants win the final two because Tuck and Rolle blow up really doesn't do a whole lot for us in the long run, because we have to assume that at least one of them won't be back.

Oh, and all you have to do is go to espn.com, look at the nfl page, click standings, and make sure you're looking at the league...not just division or conference.

You'll see the Giants are 9th from the bottom...giving us the 9th pick overall at this point.

But if we win the next two games, we'll be drafting between 15th-18th.

Ok I'm sorry :(

It all depends on what happens on the field.

I agree with what everybody is saying about playing younger players though. Seeing the Giants win the final two because Tuck and Rolle blow up really doesn't do a whole lot for us in the long run, because we have to assume that at least one of them won't be back.

Very true. If you're the Bills - a team laden with youngsters and a new head coach - every win is something special because it builds confidence and give the youngsters the taste of winning. But when you have a team that is in cap hell and the players have played together for years under the same head coach and same coordinators - you already know what you have. And what we have is a declining old team.

the only reason your argument has merit is that the NFL has finally gotten the rookie pay scale right, so now a high draft pick is not an economic burden.

but I still don't like it.

win or lose, I don't really care... but you don't improve your team by trying to lose.

The cap situation has no effect on how I root for the best interest of my team, but yes, the rookie scale was a huge improvement to the management of nfl teams' salary caps.

I also agree that having your team in a position where losing is in their best interest, sucks.

But if we win the next two games, we'll be drafting between 15th-18th.

Yeah, I know. I can't actively root against the Giants, but I can smile today despite the loss because I know what's best for our team in the long run

Ok I'm sorry :(

No need to apologize, just trying to make it easier for everyone to see where we're at factually, as opposed to speculation.