SportsWrath

Snee to be IRed with a season ending injury

Nas

The move initially was reported via Twitter by Fox Sports, which cited a Panthers source. NFL.com also reported that a source had confirmed the pending trade. Meanwhile, a source told ESPN's Dan Graziano that Giants guard Chris Snee is likely headed to season-ending injured reserve, a move that would make room for Beason on the roster.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9767292/new-york-giants-trade-carolina-panthers-lb-jon-beason-reports

It's always sad to see a career come to an end but he's had 10 great years, a couple of Pro Bowl appearances and two Super Bowl rings. He can walk away with his head high and i hope he does while he's still able to walk somewhat normally.

If this is the end for him, then I thank him for the ride, he was a big part of this team for a long time, and was a force in the running game.

In terms of impact in the here and now, Snee's been mailing it in for a while now. Was never really the same after Seubert and O'hara left. He comes with the stature of a veteran, Pro-Bowler, and two time SB champion, and there's always something to say for that, but the guy was pretty ineffective at this point.

-Z

If this is the end for him, then I thank him for the ride, he was a big part of this team for a long time, and was a force in the running game.

In terms of impact in the here and now, Snee's been mailing it in for a while now. Was never really the same after Seubert and O'hara left. He comes with the stature of a veteran, Pro-Bowler, and two time SB champion, and there's always something to say for that, but the guy was pretty ineffective at this point.

-Z

"mailing it in" infers he has put forth less than full effort and is just collecting a paycheck. That's BS. The guy's body is breaking down. Here's one account:

His hip, the one opposite the side where he received surgery this offseason, began to reach a point of aggravation that Snee could not play through. According to multiple people with knowledge of the situation, the plan was to wait and see if the inflammation and pain level went down before opting for surgery.

The people requested anonymity in order to speak freely on the matter.

A week later, apparently, it has not gotten any better. Surgery, which would end Snee's season, seems likely.

The Giants guard "can't move" right now, according to a person familiar with the injury. The person requested anonymity because the Giants have not made the issue official.

A labrum issue and bone chips are impeding the actual hip joint causing immense pain and leaving Snee without many options.

There is no timetable on how long Snee will wait for the injury to heal, but as one person with knowledge of the situation put it: If Snee cannot play, the "human thing to do" would be to ease him of that pain as soon as possible and get the surgery.

Yeah, just another freeloader collecting a paycheck.....

"mailing it in" infers he has put forth less than full effort and is just collecting a paycheck. That's BS. The guy's body is breaking down. Here's one account:

His hip, the one opposite the side where he received surgery this offseason, began to reach a point of aggravation that Snee could not play through. According to multiple people with knowledge of the situation, the plan was to wait and see if the inflammation and pain level went down before opting for surgery.

The people requested anonymity in order to speak freely on the matter.

A week later, apparently, it has not gotten any better. Surgery, which would end Snee's season, seems likely.

The Giants guard "can't move" right now, according to a person familiar with the injury. The person requested anonymity because the Giants have not made the issue official.

A labrum issue and bone chips are impeding the actual hip joint causing immense pain and leaving Snee without many options.

There is no timetable on how long Snee will wait for the injury to heal, but as one person with knowledge of the situation put it: If Snee cannot play, the "human thing to do" would be to ease him of that pain as soon as possible and get the surgery.

Yeah, just another freeloader collecting a paycheck.....

Firstly, my "for a while now" was referring to last year. Of course, it could be his physical condition was already so unbearable last year as well, but that wasn't my impression. If I'm wrong about that than by all means I retract my mailing it in comment. Secondly, my main point wasn't his effort level but the bottom line that he has been ineffective for a while now. I wasn't coming to rip him, I really like the guy and he has been a huge guy on the team. He just doesn't get the job done anymore, and hasn't since the beginning of last season. It takes a while sometimes to process and accept that a former pro-bowler and stalwart just doesn't have it anymore like he used to, but I think that has become evident with Snee.

-Z

A pretty damn stellar career for someone who literally everyone thought was a purely nepotistic pick at the time. I do think Baas has been taking a lot of the heat for Snee's poor play though.

Thanks for the rings, Chris. Hope you heal up soon.

A pretty damn stellar career for someone who literally everyone thought was a purely nepotistic pick at the time. I do think Baas has been taking a lot of the heat for Snee's poor play though.

Thanks for the rings, Chris. Hope you heal up soon.

Baas probably isn't worth his cap number, but this is certainly true as well.