SportsWrath

Rookie QB Nassib impressing Giants

BleedinBlue

Why would Nassib not clear waivers? Who's gonna sign him to their active 53 man roster?

I don't know who, but there are a few teams with QB questions. Oakland, Arizona, I would have said Buffalo but just remembered they drafted Manuel, Jacksonville, and maybe Tampa (maybe I'm the only one who doesn't think Freeman is a keeper though), then there's probably several other teams with backup QB issues.

Unless the Giants vastly overjudged his draftability, I don't think he'd clear waivers. There would have to be at least one team out there going nowhere with a question mark somewhere at QB.

I don't know who, but there are a few teams with QB questions. Oakland, Arizona, I would have said Buffalo but just remembered they drafted Manuel, Jacksonville, and maybe Tampa (maybe I'm the only one who doesn't think Freeman is a keeper though), then there's probably several other teams with backup QB issues.

Unless the Giants vastly overjudged his draftability, I don't think he'd clear waivers. There would have to be at least one team out there going nowhere with a question mark somewhere at QB.

There's also going to be a handful of QBs with actual starting experience who are cut around the same time though. Maybe Tebow. There's guys still out there like Leftwich, Leinart, Losman and Thigpen if you're looking for someone to hold a clipboard who might get you out of a hole. Nassib is a total gamble, not experienced enough to be a 2nd and a luxury project if he's 3rd. I would be startled if he didn't clear waivers.

There's also going to be a handful of QBs with actual starting experience who are cut around the same time though. Maybe Tebow. There's guys still out there like Leftwich, Leinart, Losman and Thigpen if you're looking for someone to hold a clipboard who might get you out of a hole. Nassib is a total gamble, not experienced enough to be a 2nd and a luxury project if he's 3rd. I would be startled if he didn't clear waivers.

Ugh, I don't know how Tebow is still in football. The rest of those guys are done, I don't think a team going nowhere would pick one of them up when they could get somebody young with a still unknown ceiling. I know coaches are always playing for the super bowl, but I think some front offices are more realistic... some of them have to know their teams are going nowhere in the near term. I guess I'd be startled if the Giants put him on waivers. I don't think they'll take the chance unless they really don't think he has a future.

Tampa drafted Glennon.

Raiders, Cardinals, and several other teams. He is a commodity that is rosterable for teams without solid long term QB options. Even a team like the Vikings who can't be sold on Ponder at this point. The Bears with Cutler in a contract year. Put it this way, if you don't expect to compete this year anyway, and the QB position is a ? for 2014the and beyond, and Nassib just falls in your lap on waivers, why wouldn't you sign him? The PS is not going to happen for him.

Raiders, Cardinals, and several other teams. He is a commodity that is rosterable for teams without solid long term QB options. Even a team like the Vikings who can't be sold on Ponder at this point. The Bears with Cutler in a contract year. Put it this way, if you don't expect to compete this year anyway, and the QB position is a ? for 2014the and beyond, and Nassib just falls in your lap on waivers, why wouldn't you sign him? The PS is not going to happen for him.

Not a Terrelle Pryor fan?

If Nassib is picked up from waivers do the Giants receive any compensation?

No. and it's not just initially that a team can grab him, if he's on the practice squad a team can grab him at any time during the season.

What has Pryor done to make u think he can be an NFL starting QB?

Not sure if he is, but he's better then Flynn. If Pryor struggles and they don't think his futures bright, then they take Bridgewater in the draft or go get Freeman or Cutler in free agency.