SportsWrath

Giants , extend last reach for Leach

Lughead

However, according to a source, they may offer more because they are worried about Hynoski, who suffered an injury to his left knee at the Giants first spring practice on May 22 and underwent surgery two days later. Hynoski is already expected to miss most of training camp, which he’ll likely begin on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list.

This is for all of the worshipers at altar of practice mandatory voluntaries...these guys are a play away from never playing again. So when a guy...especially a superstar says fuck all to this all I can say is that if I were in his shoes I would do the same. The only practices I would engage in would be the strictly mandatory ones...and then might skip a couple of those.

However, according to a source, they may offer more because they are worried about Hynoski, who suffered an injury to his left knee at the Giants first spring practice on May 22 and underwent surgery two days later. Hynoski is already expected to miss most of training camp, which he’ll likely begin on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list.

This is for all of the worshipers at altar of practice mandatory voluntaries...these guys are a play away from never playing again. So when a guy...especially a superstar says fuck all to this all I can say is that if I were in his shoes I would do the same. The only practices I would engage in would be the strictly mandatory ones...and then might skip a couple of those.

Abosolutely, T. Everybody takes these guys' bodies for granted... but they feel it every day. That's why I was upset with how fast they brought Nicks' back in camp last year. I'm thinking, we don't need this guy to be 95% practicing in early August... we need him 100%, and rested, week 1. Fuck it if it takes him a week or 2 to really get back to full speed. He's too important... and we saw what happened, the dude was NEVER really as healthy, and consequently, as effective, as we needed him to be last year. I totally support his decision to bring himself along slowly, because if no one else is looking out for you, you got to look out for yourself.

Abosolutely, T. Everybody takes these guys' bodies for granted... but they feel it every day. That's why I was upset with how fast they brought Nicks' back in camp last year. I'm thinking, we don't need this guy to be 95% practicing in early August... we need him 100%, and rested, week 1. Fuck it if it takes him a week or 2 to really get back to full speed. He's too important... and we saw what happened, the dude was NEVER really as healthy, and consequently, as effective, as we needed him to be last year. I totally support his decision to bring himself along slowly, because if no one else is looking out for you, you got to look out for yourself.

Exactly man....tie that in with the other team knowing you are not 100%...remember that game last year when that fuck deliberately (IMHO) stepped on his foot ankle just when he was starting to come back all of the way. These coaches have got to get their mindset turned around. 100% of a great player is better than 75% or less of a great player....and 100% of a rookie is way better than 75% of a veteran including injuries. And as you know (and I wish others would keep this in mind when we criticize these guys) football has almost no guaranteed contracts. These guys suffer a catastrophic injury and they get a release salary...a pat on the back ...and happy trails to you. The retirement and pension system is also a suckfest. The average career is only three years...three years to maximize your salary and hopefully be able to walk near normal at 50 and above.

Exactly man....tie that in with the other team knowing you are not 100%...remember that game last year when that fuck deliberately (IMHO) stepped on his foot ankle just when he was starting to come back all of the way. These coaches have got to get their mindset turned around. 100% of a great player is better than 75% or less of a great player....and 100% of a rookie is way better than 75% of a veteran including injuries. And as you know (and I wish others would keep this in mind when we criticize these guys) football has almost no guaranteed contracts. These guys suffer a catastrophic injury and they get a release salary...a pat on the back ...and happy trails to you. The retirement and pension system is also a suckfest. The average career is only three years...three years to maximize your salary and hopefully be able to walk near normal at 50 and above.

That maybe be true but if you're receiving millions of dollars I think it's on you to have your own retirement plan. It's not the owners' fault there seem to be quite a bit of dumb-assery among players. But I do agree on players not being rushed back from injury... that's a given.. but you have those old school coaches with the military mentality of "tough it up and drive on"... nothing irks me than to hear that because I'm partially deaf in my left ear because of it. a fuck head 1st Sgt decided we're not allowed to use ear plugs... and sure enough I'm not partially deaf from all the explosions at extremely close proximity... including firing the LAW (light anti tank weapon... shoulder mounted)...

:clap:

Giants won the SB with all this missed. Practice is for rookies.

Hakeem Nicks was not brought back too quickly. He was fine up until he got hurt in week 2 against Tampa Bay after 10 catches for 199 yards and 1 touch down. He got hurt in that game.

He was then out for the next two weeks and was playing hurt the rest of the season.

Hakeem Nicks was not brought back too quickly. He was fine up until he got hurt in week 2 against Tampa Bay after 10 catches for 199 yards and 1 touch down. He got hurt in that game.

He was then out for the next two weeks and was playing hurt the rest of the season.

Yeah Nicks was fine until a player at full speed jumped and landed square on his foot/ankle.