SportsWrath

Top 100 players

Bigblue25

Wow, you guys are really down on JPP after last year. I know he only had 6.5 sacks, but he was the best run-stopping DE in the league. He also got a lot of pressure, he just has trouble converting those into sacks. I think #55 is about right after this past season.

As for Cruz, #58 is too high for him. I thought he'd somewhere in the 65-80 range. I think the story kind of helped him with his popularity. There are quite a few WRs already mentioned that would give Cruz a run for his money in games.

Part of JPP's problem was the ineffectiveness of Tuck on the opposite end. But he also was lackluster on his own. End result was a piss poor season for the entire defensive line.

That was definitely part of the problem. Teams realize he's the most dangerous player on defense now so he's going to have to learn how to beat the extra attention if he wants to be a big time player in this league. I'm giving the whole team a mulligan for last year because no one really played well but I'm counting on Pierre-Paul to have a big season. If not, we're in trouble.

Wow, you guys are really down on JPP after last year. I know he only had 6.5 sacks, but he was the best run-stopping DE in the league. He also got a lot of pressure, he just has trouble converting those into sacks. I think #55 is about right after this past season.

As for Cruz, #58 is too high for him. I thought he'd somewhere in the 65-80 range. I think the story kind of helped him with his popularity. There are quite a few WRs already mentioned that would give Cruz a run for his money in games.

Can't disagree with that too much, JPP never stays blocked. He just needs to get off the line at the snap much better. It may just have to do with thinking too much out there... more time and experience, maybe his anticipation will improve.

How exactly is it that you can expect more from one defensive end when the other three people on the line aren't playing as well? Do you understand that it is a team sport? Do you realize that JPP played more in 2012 than 2011 so he might wear down more and get more double teams?

How exactly is it that you can expect more from one defensive end when the other three people on the line aren't playing as well? Do you understand that it is a team sport? Do you realize that JPP played more in 2012 than 2011 so he might wear down more and get more double teams?

Spot on. Seeing Tuck winded time and again was tough to watch and Canty was released for bigger reasons than just salary cap.