SportsWrath

How "high" is everyone on Tim Hightower?

BleedinBlue

Hightower is only 26 and was a bruising RB before tearing his ACL two years ago. At a little over 6' and 222 lbs and 3 years NFL experience, he is an option that makes sense to me...especially in this day of plug-n-play RB's.

And of course, all the papers are reporting that the Giants have him in and are kicking the tires to check out his medical condition. His story reads an awful lot like that of Andre Brown. Injured, passed around, and finally healthy, but without a team.

Regardless...they say he's a really good blocking RB, so he might be a good fit on those 3rd and longs to give Eli another second or two and perhaps be insurance if Brown gets hurt again. Having a big 3rd RB with 3 years NFL experience and known for blocking seems good to me.

What's everyone's feeling on him? Would he be a good pickup in your opinion?

He's certainly capable, and would probably come cheap. He's never going to set your world on fire but like you say, as a plug-n-play guy he might not be bad. I personally like Torain a little bit better but we don't lose anything by taking a look at them both.

i wasn't thrilled at first but it was pointed out that he's a good blocker and i remember loving his catches in PPR fantasy leagues so i am sold on him as a 3rd round back if that's where he ends up

I don't trust Gilbride with Hightower.....he'd make him the #1 back and Wilson would be back to 25% of the workload.

......Leaving Wilson nice and healthy for weeks 16, 17, the playoffs, and the SB.

......Leaving Wilson nice and healthy for weeks 16, 17, the playoffs, and the SB.

No, leaving Wilson on the bench, weeks 1-16, because this guy can block better, nevermind Wilson will be the better RB, but why use a RB to run the ball.

No, leaving Wilson on the bench, weeks 1-16, because this guy can block better, nevermind Wilson will be the better RB, but why use a RB to run the ball.

Agreed 100%. So tired of this team using safeties for linebackers, halfbacks for fullbacks, etc.

Just give Wilson the fucking ball and let the blockers block......worked with Jim Brown, works for Adrian Peterson.