SportsWrath

UDFAs

BlueInCanada

Bleedin, you're a stud for gathering and posting all this information. Thanks Man! I'd be lost without it.

Thanks man...I always figure that people will get sick of the stuff I dig up and post...especially on the UFDA's. Personally, I think there's a couple of gems in that group, but I feel that way every year. Hopefully we'll shake out another Cruz from the pile of leftovers.

And the list continues to grow. Must be Ralph Vacchiano was wrong about the limit of UDFA's because the Giants keep bringing them in. Seems they are targeting offensive lineman still.

- Offensive Guard Kitt O'Brien (Ball State) 6'5" 325-pounds (beat out Detroit for him) http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20130430/SPORTS20/304300020/new-york-giants-and-ball-state-and-kitt-o-brien?nclick_check=1

- Long Snapper Brandon Gabbard (Southeast Missouri State) 6'5" 275-pounds

- Offensive Guard Seve Rivers (East Stroudsburg University) 6'3" 300-pounds (Two-time All-PSAC East)

Bringing the updated list to this page:

- TE Chase Clement (LSU) 6'5" 265 / 4.95 40 time / also plays DE and OT

- CB Charles James (Charleston Southern) 5'10" 184 / 4.42 40 time / also returns kicks (1st team All Big South Defense)

- OLB Alonzo Tweedy (Virginia Tech) 6'1" 197 / 4.40 40 time (ranked 17th out of 176 linebackers in the draft - stock rising in past month)

- OLB Etienne Sabino (Ohio State) 6'2" 247 / 4.71 40 time / bench 24 reps (strong sucker) / broken fibula in senior year limiting action and causing stock to drop)

- MLB Charles Dieuseul (Mount Union) 6'0" 245 / 4.48 40 time (D3 Football.com All-America First Team; has won Conference MVP at two positions DE and LB)

- WR Marcus Davus (Virginia Tech) 6'3.5", 233 / 4.47 40 time (led Virginia Tech with 51 catches for 953 receiving yards and five touchdowns last year)

- RB Jeremy Wright (Louisville) 5'11" / 205 lbs / 4.53 40 time (young - don't know much about him other than he was Louisville's primary RB last season)

- OG Kitt O'Brien (Ball State) 6'5" 325-pounds (beat out Detroit for him)

- OG Guard Seve Rivers (East Stroudsburg University) 6'3" 300-pounds (Two-time All-PSAC East)

Thanks for this info. History says at least one or two of these guys will make the active roster. Place your bets!

My bets:

I think two linebackers make the team - Alonzo Tweedy (100% chance) and Etienne Sabino (90/10). Tweedy will get a lot of playing time on special teams as the gunner. Sabino will compete with Williams, but Williams will beat him out as the starter. Sabino and Tweedy will spend a year learning the NFL style game before getting significant playing time...unless of course, injuries factor in. Sabino's chances diminish greatly if the Giants go out and pick up a free agent linebacker.

I give a 50/50 chance that Chase Clement (blocking TE) will make the team - even a higher chance if the line doesn't seem to be coming together as Gilley hopes. He'll be taking Pascoe's spot if he makes the team. The Giants were in a bidding war (with New England) for Clement and had to pony up 15K to sign him (typical signing bonus is under 5k as teams cannot spend more than 75k total on all UDFA's). What is it with Parcell's who is determined to overstock TE's and make sure NYG's don't get one???

I give a 50/50 chance that Marcus Davus (WR) makes the team to compete for the last open receiver position. Like Clement, the Giants got into a bidding war for Davus and had to pony up 15K to sign him

I give 20/80 chance that Charles Dieuseul (mlb) makes the team. Talented as all get out, but greener than grass coming from a small Div III school.

The rest are fodder (IMO), but it would be nice if there was a diamond hidden in there somewhere.

Tweedy is not a LBer at 197. Might as well call him a safety.

Good point - that was his position in college and hence, that's his designation. He's going to be our gunner for sure if he makes the team. On his pro day, he was running the 40 in the 4.3's and he more than doubled the entire team for tackles of returners. He's going to be a special teams guy. I suppose if he puts on weight and strength, he could find spot play on the field other than ST. He benched 12 reps, which is pretty good for a skinny guy.

At 6'2", he certainly doesn't look like a 197 lb guy

350x.jpg

Alonzo_Tweedy_Virginia_v_Virginia_Tech_KY96_Dlr_FW.jpg

Alonzo_Tweedy_Virginia_Tech_v_North_Carolina_08_M.jpg

Bringing the updated list to this page:

- TE Chase Clement (LSU) 6'5" 265 / 4.95 40 time / also plays DE and OT

- CB Charles James (Charleston Southern) 5'10" 184 / 4.42 40 time / also returns kicks (1st team All Big South Defense)

- OLB Alonzo Tweedy (Virginia Tech) 6'1" 197 / 4.40 40 time (ranked 17th out of 176 linebackers in the draft - stock rising in past month)

- OLB Etienne Sabino (Ohio State) 6'2" 247 / 4.71 40 time / bench 24 reps (strong sucker) / broken fibula in senior year limiting action and causing stock to drop)

- MLB Charles Dieuseul (Mount Union) 6'0" 245 / 4.48 40 time (D3 Football.com All-America First Team; has won Conference MVP at two positions DE and LB)

- WR Marcus Davus (Virginia Tech) 6'3.5", 233 / 4.47 40 time (led Virginia Tech with 51 catches for 953 receiving yards and five touchdowns last year)

- RB Jeremy Wright (Louisville) 5'11" / 205 lbs / 4.53 40 time (young - don't know much about him other than he was Louisville's primary RB last season)

- OG Kitt O'Brien (Ball State) 6'5" 325-pounds (beat out Detroit for him)

- OG Guard Seve Rivers (East Stroudsburg University) 6'3" 300-pounds (Two-time All-PSAC East)

Davis is an interesting prospect I brought up before the draft (I had us taking him in the 6th or 7th). Former QB turned WR... big body, ran a good 40 too. I hope we can keep him on and run 3 to 4 wildcat or option-read plays per game with him at the helm.

Ralph Vacchiano

about 8 hours ago

Two more names added to the list of tryout players for Giants rookie camp, May 10-11 ...

I’m also keeping a running list of updated signings and tryouts on The Blue Screen blog, right here:

http://www.nydailynews...

UDFA SIGNINGS

LSU TE Chase Clement

Virginia Tech WR Marcus Davis

Mount Union LB Charles Dieuseul

Charleston Southern DB Charles James

Ohio State LB Etienne Sabino

Virginia Tech S Alonzo Tweedy

Louisville RB Jeremy Wright

REPORTED TRYOUTS

Bethel QB Wilson Masoud

Northern Michigan OT Jace Daniels

Citadel P Cass Couey

Ball State G Kitt O’Brien

UMass S Darren Thellen

SE Missouri State long-snapper Brandon Gabbard

East Stroudsberg G Seve Rivers

Two new names:

Johnson C. Smith University LT/C Jordan Mosley

Albany State DT Justin Blash

[/Quote]

• 3 weeks later...

Pdouble, what about in the 2nd round, where you could have had Arthur Brown? Hankins might not even see much time. You have Linval, Cullen Jenkins, Shaun Rogers, Mike Patterson, and Marvin Austin. I'm not questioning the wisdom of drafting Hankins, you always have to look to the future, but this team did not draft a single linebacker. Hopefully one of the two linebackers they signed as UDFA will be something. Tweedy is not a linebacker, though. Not at 197. He's a safety that played linebacker because I don't know why.

Brown just had hernia surgery.