SportsWrath

2nd Round Watch List

Allstarjim

Guys on your radar for the Giants tonight that are still available, and I'm going to lead with the guys that are the highest on my wish list -

DE Tank Carradine

OT Menelik Watson

DE Sam Montgomery

DE/DT Margus Hunt

LB Kevin Minter

TE Zach Ertz

CB Jamar Taylor

RB Eddie Lacy

WR Justin Hunter

These players would have a lot of value at #49

Other intriguing prospects -

DE Damontre Moore

DE Alex Okafor

DE Corey Lemonier

DT Jesse Williams

DT Johnathan Hankins

DT Kawann Short

RB Montee Ball

S Jonathan Cyprien

WR Robert Woods

WR Keenan Allen

If Minter and/or Arthur Brown are still on the board, I don't see how we pass one of them up. There hasn't been a run on linebackers yet, but I suspect there will be early on. However, hard to believe no running backs have been taken off the board in the first round and very few teams went after offense (apart from offensive line) in the first. I suspect there will be a run on offensive players in the second (especially WR's and RB's) which could leave some really good defensive players there for the taking. I'm enamored with the DE Hunt. The more I read, the more I'm impressed. 6'8" and ran a 4.53 and strong as an ox - that's almost WR speed. He has a knack for blocking kicks like I've never seen. He'd be a project because he's new to the game, but has extraordinary talent and is a gifted athlete. The guy is a freakin animal. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1724952/margus-hunt

marguscombine.jpg

Regardless...hope we go defense in the second - LB or DE

No Manti T'eo?

Wouldn't that be a hoot if he was still on the board when the Giants pick again! Ya never know. I think there'll be a big run for offensive players in the second round since the first round was all about defense or offensive line. Should be some really solid defensive players left on the board and even T'eo could still be there. He needs to stop pouting when the cameras are on him though.

Wouldn't that be a hoot if he was still on the board when the Giants pick again! Ya never know. I think there'll be a big run for offensive players in the second round since the first round was all about defense or offensive line. Should be some really solid defensive players left on the board and even T'eo could still be there. He needs to stop pouting when the cameras are on him though.

No. I don't know what the hype is all about honestly. I see a 3rd rounder in him.

Honestly... in the second round, I'd take him, weird girlfriend issues and Mormonism and all.

I'd put a hole through my TV if we take Te'o after that 1st round pick.

There are 16 guys that need to go before we pick again. I'd love to see Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, and perhaps even Mike Glennon pare that number down to 12 or 13. Pretty sure a couple of WR's like Justin Hunter and Robert Woods will go, and at least Eddie Lacy, with Zach Ertz also a strong possibility.

That could get us down to 7 to 8 players with about 5 or 6 players I really covet there.

I would still take Watson if he was there, and of course Carradine would be a coup. Probably too optimistic for either of them. As Bleedin' said, we could see Hunt there, whose freakish size/speed and athleticism you can't pass up. I also like Minter and Arthur Brown. Just really have to hope for a run on QB's in the second. Sam Montgomery would also be a strong pick at 49.