SportsWrath

Vendetta's Mock Draft v 2.0

mastershake

TRADE! Here's the scenario:

The 49ers have 13 draft picks. Giants trade 1st rounder #19 and 5th rounder #152 to San Francisco for 1st rounder #31, 2nd rounder #61 and 4th rounder #128 overall. It's a fairly even trade, according to draft value charts (Giants give 907, receive 936 from 49ers)

http://www.draftcoun...Value-Chart.php

1st - 31: DE Alex Okafor, Texas 6'5 264

Tuck is frequently injured and is getting old, Kiwi is also getting old, and we need a solid LDE to play opposite JPP. Okafor plays faster than his 40 time, can play both the run and pass, and has the lengthy frame that Jerry Reese covets.

2nd - 49: G/C Travis Frederick, Wisconsin, 6'4 306

A mauler for the interior line. Our entire interior line is aging and it shows, particularly with David Baas who is only adequate and not a long term solution.

2nd - 61: ILB/OLB Sio Moore, Connecticut, 6'1 245

Exceptional athlete and can play inside, outside, plus in coverage.

3rd - 81: S Shamarko Thomas, Syracuse, 5'9 213

4th - 116: OT Reid Fragel, Ohio State 6'8 308

4th - 128: LB Gerald Hodges, Penn St. 6'1 243

6th - 187: CB/FS Micah Hyde, Iowa, 6'1 190

7th - 225: WR Marcus Davis, Virginia Tech 6'3 233

7th - 253: RB Knile Davis, Arkansas 6'0 227

In the late rounds 6-7th, I think an investment in Marcus Davis is worth it. He was brought to VTech as a scrambling type QB, then switched to receiver. Not only is he a big WR target, he can also potentially run the read option. I'm not saying the read option is going to be the focal point of the gmens offense, but it would provide the gmen with some versatile different looks on offense.

no offense intended, and you did some work, but I hate mocks with trades.

Agreed, although I give him credit for making the trade a reasonable one. I'd want to know who the 49ers would be targeting in their trading up with us. They're not going to give us a higher value in picks without having a specific player they want in mind.

You remember Bob Sanders? Height for a safety isn't a big deal at all. Go check out some of Shamarko's highlights and I bet you won't be disappointed.

I'm biased but I'd love for us to draft him.

You remember Bob Sanders? Height for a safety isn't a big deal at all. Go check out some of Shamarko's highlights and I bet you won't be disappointed.

Of course I do... I'm a small guy and always rooted for small beasts...

I remember Peyton never won a Super Bowl without a healthy Bob Sanders.

Bob Sanders was healthy once? Bob Sanders has missed more games than Keith Rivers, Clint Sintim, and Terrell Thomas combined. LOL.

I haven't seen tape of Shamarko yet but I do know he had a terrific combine.

giantsb_logo.gif New York Giants: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State FloridaState_logo.gif

Smart teams like the Giants, Steelers and Ravens always end up getting a prospect who falls during the draft. Teams constantly selecting in the top 15 are stupid, so intelligent front offices take advantage of their dumb decisions on Draft Day. One player who's probably going to drop is Bjoern Werner. He did not perform as well as expected at the Combine, showing much less athleticism than 2008's Chris Long, whom he's been compared to.

Giant fans know that general manager Jerry Reese loves drafting pass-rushers. With Osi Umenyiora entering free agency this March and Justin Tuck having a down year, Reese may select a defensive end early this April.

lol (from WaltherFootball.com)