SportsWrath

Am I the only one who has no problem with our 1st Round Pick?

HOUND

Kiwanuka is a stud.

Sure it's not a need position but you can never have too many Defensive Ends!

Are there other players or positions I would have rather seen us pursue? Probably, but as far as looking at who we selected and judging ability, you can't say much that's negative about Kiwi.

I loved the trade back with Pittsburgh. I thought we really got a lot in exchange for the swap without missing out on any targeted players.

I wasn't excited at first, but when all was said and done I like it more. Like Ernie said "If it was close, we would have gone with more of a need. It wasn't close." We got the BPA to team with OSi down the road and learn from Strahan.

I can't say that I don't like it, I just think we could have done better. I did like the trade down, but I think that we could have been more aggressive in getting one of the better DTs. Then again, I'm not sure if any DT other than Ngata and Bunkley would have been worth it at the 32nd pick.

Kiwanuka is a stud.

Are there other players or positions I would have rather seen us pursue? Probably, but as far as looking at who we selected and judging ability, you can't say much that's negative about Kiwi.

I loved the trade back with Pittsburgh. I thought we really got a lot in exchange for the swap without missing out on any targeted players.

How about DB Daniel Manning going in the second round like I picked him in?

Guest Floyd The Barber
I actually think it's a great pick as well. I thought that the draft, overall, was phenomenal. Great value with every pick.

ok, now you are stretching it...

I actually think it's a great pick as well. I thought that the draft, overall, was phenomenal. Great value with every pick.

Wow, are you talking about all teams or just the Giants?

Our draft doesn't even compare to Philly's IMO.

Kiwanuka is a stud.

I dont know the kid at all ! but our FO has had great sucess with DE

and if this trend continues OSI, Tuck, Kiwi ??

with arrington blitzing from the strong side and a rotation of

Stray Osi Tuck and Kiwi this could be a nightmare for Bledsoe and Brunnel.

even Mc Nabb !

:rock:

How about DB Daniel Manning going in the second round like I picked him in?

Congratulations. You were right I was wrong. FWIW, I still think it was a horrible pick and the Bears fans I know concur. Jerry Angelo isn't exactly the shrewdest evaluator of talent either.

While I originally was in a state of shock with the pick it is growing on me. Just the thought of seeing Lavar, Joseph, Osi, Strahan, Tuck, Kiwi....all on the field at the same time on passing downs...I would be horrified if I were the opposing team...

Well you cant compare it to Philly since they picked 11 spots ahead of us.

Well, of course Philly is going to get the better players because they draft first. But I think the comparison is between the value of the player Philly got at their pick and the value we got at ours.

Well, of course Philly is going to get the better players because they draft first. But I think the comparison is between the value of the player Philly got at their pick and the value we got at ours.

I liked Philly's draft too. I hate that they got Bunkley. He shouldn't have fallen that far. Justice in round 2 was a nice trade up too. I don't think either WR pick pans out but I like the LB pick (Gaither). I had him in my Giants mock.

I liked Philly's draft too. I hate that they got Bunkley. He shouldn't have fallen that far. Justice in round 2 was a nice trade up too. I don't think either WR pick pans out but I like the LB pick (Gaither). I had him in my Giants mock.

I also think getting Max JG (in the 3rd?) was a great value pick. Hes an unmovable wall in the middle.

Im not saying that Philae didnt have a good draft, I just think it's apples and oranges. If you get rid of the 2 first rounders (bunk and kiwi) the drafts are pretty close. Slight edge to Philly in rounds 2 and 3 in terms of talent but the edge goes to us in the later rounds. As long as bloom doesnt become a ST star for them.....

Kiwanuka is a stud.

I gotta be honest, I didn't like the pick, and I still don't. And before I get beat up for saying that, let me just say that I thought the rest of the draft went very well.

I didn't even think it was such a bad idea nabbing another DE, and I get the feeling Accorsie was very high on Tamba Hali as well, but obviously, he was gone. I watched a few BC games, and Kiwi was obviously the main attraction on BC's defense. But from what I saw, he wasn't nearly as impressive as he was touted by the announcers. He was usually a second too slow off the ball, he catches his blocks, and if he gets blocked low, he often gets stopped in his tracks. Plus, he plays a little too high for my taste, and with his height, I truly hope that's something he can improve.

And from there, having an awful Senior Bowl doesn't increase my confidence.

I don't mean to sound like such a pessimist, but just because the Giants are doing some outstanding PR backing up the pick, still doesn't mean that I'm sold.

I gotta be honest, I didn't like the pick, and I still don't. And before I get beat up for saying that, let me just say that I thought the rest of the draft went very well.

I didn't even think it was such a bad idea nabbing another DE, and I get the feeling Accorsie was very high on Tamba Hali as well, but obviously, he was gone. I watched a few BC games, and Kiwi was obviously the main attraction on BC's defense. But from what I saw, he wasn't nearly as impressive as he was touted by the announcers. He was usually a second too slow off the ball, he catches his blocks, and if he gets blocked low, he often gets stopped in his tracks. Plus, he plays a little too high for my taste, and with his height, I truly hope that's something he can improve.

And from there, having an awful Senior Bowl doesn't increase my confidence.

I don't mean to sound like such a pessimist, but just because the Giants are doing some outstanding PR backing up the pick, still doesn't mean that I'm sold.

I won't beat you up. We're all entitled to our opinion on these guys. I will say though that my view on Kiwi was high before the Giants picked him (I picked him in our MB mock) and it hasn't changed since the draft. I noticed him his Junior season and at the time was hoping he'd come out then.

The one observation you made that I wholeheartedtly disagree with is his jump off the ball. Kiwi is FAST. He's got an explosive first step, although he did play with some leg injuries his senior season so maybe you caught him at less than 100%.

I won't beat you up. We're all entitled to our opinion on these guys. I will say though that my view on Kiwi was high before the Giants picked him (I picked him in our MB mock) and it hasn't changed since the draft. I noticed him his Junior season and at the time was hoping he'd come out then.

The one observation you made that I wholeheartedtly disagree with is his jump off the ball. Kiwi is FAST. He's got an explosive first step, although he did play with some leg injuries his senior season so maybe you caught him at less than 100%.

I remember you mentioning you were high on him before the draft.

I caught 1 game in 04 and 3 games last year. It may not be enough to offer that kind of criticism, but, hopefully I'm dead wrong. It's tough because I also remember him as one of the top rated DE last year and this year, and when I watched him, he just didn't meet those expectations. And then the Senior Bowl didn't help my opinion, and I know the Giants brass mentioned he was injured, but anything that they tell you at this point you just have totake with a grain of salt.

Obviously, the Giants are really high on him, so we'll see.

Guest Lockhart
Kiwanuka is a stud.

No, all TRUE Giant fans are mortified, but the clueless ones think its a good pick.

Thank you!! :clap:

Congratulations. You were right I was wrong. FWIW, I still think it was a horrible pick and the Bears fans I know concur. Jerry Angelo isn't exactly the shrewdest evaluator of talent either.

The Jags picked like 12 picks after da Bears :TU:

i was high on him pre-draft, i really do feel he's a great prospect. what i was upset about was how we did it though. i loved the trade to pittsburgh, but hated the fact that sinorce moss was our number one receiver. throughout history, big receivers have been better, and now we follow the trend of getting the small slot receiver. that's not to say i don't like moss either, i also think he's a great prospect, i just thought with jackson in particular had a far more productive college career, equal ability, and like moss, wasnt a badass with off-field problems. 3rd round and on was a-ok in my book, they passed on watson, but i'm sure they had their reasons, and i'm happy with coefield. :TU:

i was high on him pre-draft, i really do feel he's a great prospect. what i was upset about was how we did it though. i loved the trade to pittsburgh, but hated the fact that sinorce moss was our number one receiver. throughout history, big receivers have been better, and now we follow the trend of getting the small slot receiver. that's not to say i don't like moss either, i also think he's a great prospect, i just thought with jackson in particular had a far more productive college career, equal ability, and like moss, wasnt a badass with off-field problems. 3rd round and on was a-ok in my book, they passed on watson, but i'm sure they had their reasons, and i'm happy with coefield. :TU:

Moss also didn't have Chris Leak throwing him the ball. Either way, I don't expect Moss to live up to the expectations of WR's like Steve Smith or Santana Moss, but, I think he can play a much more key role in our offense than Jackson could have. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm looking forward to a nice rotation between Burress, Toomer, Carter and Moss. And as much as people like to bitch about Carter, having him and Moss on the field at the same time is going to give defenses major headaches. And how is it that historically, bigger receivers have been better?

Moss also didn't have Chris Leak throwing him the ball. Either way, I don't expect Moss to live up to the expectations of WR's like Steve Smith or Santana Moss, but, I think he can play a much more key role in our offense than Jackson could have. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm looking forward to a nice rotation between Burress, Toomer, Carter and Moss. And as much as people like to bitch about Carter, having him and Moss on the field at the same time is going to give defenses major headaches. And how is it that historically, bigger receivers have been better?

even so, i'd like to hear your arguement on why moss was a better prospect. i think they are equally athletically gifted, but jackson is taller, and his college stats show that he has the skills to play at a high level, consistantly. being shorter doesnt make receivers better, it has only been a coincidence that 2 of the best receivers from last year were undersized. that's 2, but all the rest were atleast 6'. you all seem to forget how big of a deal it was when we got plaxico burress and he was 6'4'' 220.

Edited by The Lizard King

even so, i'd like to hear your arguement on why moss was a better prospect. i think they are equally athletically gifted, but jackson is taller, and his college stats show that he has the skills to play at a high level, consistantly. being shorter doesnt make receivers better, it has only been a coincidence that 2 of the best receivers from last year were undersized. that's 2, but all the rest were atleast 6'. you all seem to forget how big of a deal it was when we got plaxico burress and he was 6'4'' 220.

There's no way of telling who the better prospect is going to be, but like I said, I think Moss is a better fit for our offense. And Moss is supposed to have one of the best vertical leaps for WR's in this draft. And like I mentioned, there's a pretty big difference between having Kyle Wright and Chris Leak as your starting QB's. And one other major point as to why the Giants may have supposedly ranked Moss ahead of Jackson, Jackson's yards per catch last year was 10.2, while Moss' was an amazing 16.6. Jackson's 40 time might be better than Moss', but IMO, Moss' football speed is much more evident on the field.

The list of average to smallish WR's in the league

Steve Smith

Lee Evans

Roscoe Parrish

Santana Moss

Dieon Branch

Troy Brown

Tim Dwight

Laveranues Coles

Ike Hilliard

Terry Glenn

David Patten