SportsWrath

Am I the only one who has no problem with our 1st Round Pick?

HOUND

There's no way of telling who the better prospect is going to be, but like I said, I think Moss is a better fit for our offense. And Moss is supposed to have one of the best vertical leaps for WR's in this draft. And like I mentioned, there's a pretty big difference between having Kyle Wright and Chris Leak as your starting QB's. And one other major point as to why the Giants may have supposedly ranked Moss ahead of Jackson, Jackson's yards per catch last year was 10.2, while Moss' was an amazing 16.6. Jackson's 40 time might be better than Moss', but IMO, Moss' football speed is much more evident on the field.

The list of average to smallish WR's in the league

Steve Smith

Lee Evans

Roscoe Parrish

Santana Moss

Dieon Branch

Troy Brown

Tim Dwight

Laveranues Coles

Ike Hilliard

Terry Glenn

David Patten

Antwaan Randle El

Hines Ward

Mark Clayton

Derrick Mason

Az-Zahir Hakim

Marvin Harrison

Reggie Wayne

Brandon Stokley

Torry Holt

Kevin Curtis

Bobby Engram

Darell Jackson

Not a bad list.

well most teams and every draft site i've seen has moss ranked 3rd behind jackson and holmes. it is a matter of opinion, and i'm not going to change my mind now just because we drafted him. a lot of the players on the list have had injury plagued seasons, not to mention they are all also bigger than sinorice moss. obviously harrison and ward (6' 215lbs) are exceptions, but they are a far cry from 5'8'' 184. a lot of those players havent even contributed yet, or never really panned out.

well most teams and every draft site i've seen has moss ranked 3rd behind jackson and holmes. it is a matter of opinion, and i'm not going to change my mind now just because we drafted him. a lot of the players on the list have had injury plagued seasons, not to mention they are all also bigger than sinorice moss. obviously harrison and ward (6' 215lbs) are exceptions, but they are a far cry from 5'8'' 184. a lot of those players havent even contributed yet, or never really panned out.

Money, Pizan or Hound... whichever one of you had those extensive workout stats for each position, do you have the one for the wide receivers and if so, would you mind posting it? Thanks.

Thanks money. This was exactly what I was looking for. Many were wondering, what could possibly make Moss the higher ranked player ahead of Jackson since he had less production during his college career and he had a slightly slower 40 time, no need to mention that hes also giving up a few inches.

Here are the two main reasons that I think that the Giants wanted Moss over Jackson:

1. Special teams - Moss is a dynamic returner and is likely to be our future return man. This is a big factor that can't be underestimated. This way the Giants can free up the spot used by Morton who is pretty much only a returner and that roster spot can be utilized more efficiently.

2. While Moss might be slower over 40 yards, he's the quicker player of the two. Rarely do players actually run 40 yards on a play and for what the Giants are looking for, the 10 or 20 yard dash might be more indicative. I expect the Giants to use Moss on quick screens and reverses. For these types of plays, Moss can legitimately be considered the better fit.

Looking at these two reasons helps clarify how the Giants could have possibly had Moss rated higher than Jackson on their board.

i actually think the workout stats supported my arguement, the players are equally athletically gifted. they (moss, jackson, and holmes) all seem to have good heads on their shoulders, with (in the case of jackson and moss) identical wonderlic scores. even if moss is quicker in the short field, it's not by a lot, atleast not enough to take him over a player that is 5 inches taller, and had a college career that was twice as productive. not in my book anyway.

Wow .... receivers aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Look at those wunderlic scores!

Check out the Hofstra kid at the head of the class!

How did Martin Nance not get drafted?

Everyone has their opinion, and your definitely entitled to yours, and I'm sure plenty of people agree with you(including the Patriots), but what Moss brings to the table is something this team has lacked for a very long time. And besides being 5'8, having the best vertical jump of all the WR's in the draft puts to rest any type of fear I have about his size.

And Hines Ward, that's a very generous 6'0 he's given.