SportsWrath

Giants can wrap up the NFC East this week

BronxRik

The Giants win against the Packers on Sunday night was a game-changer. It could be used as a tiebreaker for playoff seeding. It showed the Giants can still be among the very best in the NFL when they play their best. And it could end the NFC East race early.

The Giants have a two-game lead in the NFC East with five to play. A win at the Redskins on Sunday would essentially knock the Redskins out of division contention. Dallas would be two back with four to play -- at best. Realistically, this race is over if the Giants can get the road win against Robert Griffin III. The race will go on if the Redskins win. It won't be easy, but that's a nice scenario for New York considering it's only Week 13.

LINK-E-POO

:giants: GO GMEN!!! :giants:

just like i never give up on the season if we can mathematically still make the playoffs, i don't count us in if we can be mathematically eliminated.

Agreed.

But this should be great motivation for next week.....a win over the Redskins would be huge.

Personally, I think next week is going to be brutal......Skins are definitely looking tough.

Not buying it. To much football left.

Yeah, what happens if the Giants lose out and finish 8-8 and the Redskins (after beating the Skins), what, would be 5-6 after a loss? And still able to finish 10-6....

Next week will be a tough game. The Redskins have played well the last three times we've seen them so I'm expecting a struggle. That said, if the Giants can get the win it's a clear path to the division. Certainly feels a hell of a lot better to be looking at this game with the Green Bay win in the back pocket.

It's mathematically impossible for that to be there next monday.

Yeah I don't know what Rik is looking at.

NFC East Team

Giants 7-4

Redskins 5-6

Cowboys 5-6

Eagles 3-8 (and not out of the wild card yet)

Skins could go 10-6 as well as the Cowboys can go 10-6 . We could go 7-9 ,no division lock up next week.

Yeah I don't know what Rik is looking at.

NFC East Team

Giants 7-4

Redskins 5-6

Cowboys 5-6

Eagles 3-8 (and not out of the wild card yet)

Skins could go 10-6 as well as the Cowboys can go 10-6 . We could go 7-9 ,no division lock up next week.

yeah even if we win, we could still go 8-8 and the skins could go 9-7.

• 2 weeks later...