SportsWrath

Fuck this team

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

Between the first game and yesterday, I hate to say it but it looks like Ryan and the Cowboy D have us figured out. It's part scheme but mostly they are just winning individual battles: their DBs have clearly outplayed our WRs. Cruz couldn't get any seperation from Scandrick (sp?) and Nicks got blanketed by Jenkins. And again, a high % of our runs go for 1 yard, 2 yards, 0 yards, leaving us in tough down/distance situations. You can blame Gilbride to an extent but at some point you have to win one on one match ups to succeed.

Isnt that what happened yesterday?

Between the first game and yesterday, I hate to say it but it looks like Ryan and the Cowboy D have us figured out. It's part scheme but mostly they are just winning individual battles: their DBs have clearly outplayed our WRs. Cruz couldn't get any seperation from Scandrick (sp?) and Nicks got blanketed by Jenkins. And again, a high % of our runs go for 1 yard, 2 yards, 0 yards, leaving us in tough down/distance situations. You can blame Gilbride to an extent but at some point you have to win one on one match ups to succeed.

I won't put much stock in yesterday's game... I'm only baffled by the # of completions Romo was able to have... it was like a fucking replay of the same play to Witten.. over and over.. and over again. The 23-0 lead had the Giants play it safe.. it happens to a lot of teams... Fewel wasn't as aggressive as he should have... he too took solace in that lead we had.. not considering there was still a lot of football left to be played... we got the win.. fuck Dallas.. Hakeem > Dez any day...

I won't put much stock in yesterday's game... I'm only baffled by the # of completions Romo was able to have... it was like a fucking replay of the same play to Witten.. over and over.. and over again. The 23-0 lead had the Giants play it safe.. it happens to a lot of teams... Fewel wasn't as aggressive as he should have... he too took solace in that lead we had.. not considering there was still a lot of football left to be played... we got the win.. fuck Dallas.. Hakeem > Dez any day...

Witten has always had a field day against the Giants, we have never had the LB core or the D-coordinator to know how to cover him.

Romo usually has good games against the Gints, expect when it comes to the final four minutes.

Honestly this is nothing new for the Giants/Cowboys match up, this was a pretty typical game. I'm just surprised people are going ape shit over it.

The problems on offense were evident while they were building that 23-0 lead, 7 points of which were scored by the defense. Four times the O had great field position and only managed field goals on three of the four drives. OK this has been a bit of a trend (Tynes leads the NFL in FG attempts) but it was glaring yesterday.

Not from what I saw. Nicks and Cruz have to win their match ups for Giant O to go and yesterday, their DBs won.

Claiborne is a stud. No doubt that Nicks and Cruz struggled against Claiborne and Carr. Eli's throws were erratic, too....the throw over the middle to Cruz into triple coverage that almost got him decapitated (and it got picked) was....ill-advised and off target.

I know the title of this thread is "I hate this team...." yada, yada.....but I love this team.

Certainly not the way they played yesterday, but certainly the team overall.

Facts of life: On any given day, any team can beat any other team. The ball bounces funny, there's an element of luck involved, there are bad calls, and players have off days and other days when they can do nothing wrong.

So with that in mind, I at least know when I watch a Giants game that we have a damn good chance of winning the game despite the funny bounces, bad calls, lucky breaks, etc. I also accept the fact that like all other teams, we are going to lose some games and even get the occasional ass whippin or giving up a lead that seemed too big to overcome.

It's very entertaining and at least with this team, I know we have a good chance at winning every time they take the field. My friends who are Bills and Jets fans, have no idea what that feeling is like. They cheer on their team expecting them to get beat at some point and have no confidence that they are going to ever see the playoffs. That's a horrible way to watch a game and to feel about your team.

I know the title of this thread is "I hate this team...." yada, yada.....but I love this team.

Certainly not the way they played yesterday, but certainly the team overall.

Facts of life: On any given day, any team can beat any other team. The ball bounces funny, there's an element of luck involved, there are bad calls, and players have off days and other days when they can do nothing wrong.

So with that in mind, I at least know when I watch a Giants game that we have a damn good chance of winning the game despite the funny bounces, bad calls, lucky breaks, etc. I also accept the fact that like all other teams, we are going to lose some games and even get the occasional ass whippin or giving up a lead that seemed too big to overcome.

It's very entertaining and at least with this team, I know we have a good chance at winning every time they take the field. My friends who are Bills and Jets fans, have no idea what that feeling is like. They cheer on their team expecting them to get beat at some point and have no confidence that they are going to ever see the playoffs. That's a horrible way to watch a game and to feel about your team.

Bills fans tend to think their team is way better than it actually is, though. Every year, despite poor results after poor results. Those fans....they believe when they beat the NE Patriots once that they are going to the Super Bowl.

• 2 weeks later...