SportsWrath

The Bradshaw era will be ending soon

JMFP

Didn't you just finish moaning about leaving the forums or something Jack?

I hope you dont, honestly, I dont see why you need to leave.

Anyways, you should actually read this thread before commenting on it, because right now, you couldn't be more off on what you are saying.

The thing is Nas, there was never an argument over it, just misunderstandings, on both ends.

We worked it out though, like Israel and Palestine we are best of buds...oh wait :confused:

lol. Glad you worked it out... I don't always like to intervene :)

What I'm saying is that Tom Coughlin is a stubborn old coot

Yes he's won some SB's but frankly that's his job. He is being spoonfed a ton of talent and I sometimes disagree with how he uses them, his "the returning injured always get their jobs back" pirinciple, and who he puts on the field

I think Brown deserves a full shot........run him til he proves it was a fluke. The mere threat of a run takes a lot of sack pressure off Eli....you or I could hand off to a RB and not get hurt.

My biggest concern right now is that Stevie Brown will morph into a significant force and have to take a seat when Philips comes back with half a knee.

Do you remember what happened 2 years ago when Coughlin felt "obligated" to put O'hara back in with half a knee........our season went right down the tubes

Sometimes the old guy totally baffles me.

Didn't you just finish moaning about leaving the forums or something Jack?

I hope you dont, honestly, I dont see why you need to leave.

Anyways, you should actually read this thread before commenting on it, because right now, you couldn't be more off on what you are saying.

I'm not leaving the forum, but I will never ever post another topic on here. And to be honest with you I'm fine with that

What I'm saying is that Tom Coughlin is a stubborn old coot

Yes he's won some SB's but frankly that's his job. He is being spoonfed a ton of talent and I sometimes disagree with how he uses them, his "the returning injured always get their jobs back" pirinciple, and who he puts on the field

I think Brown deserves a full shot........run him til he proves it was a fluke. The mere threat of a run takes a lot of sack pressure off Eli....you or I could hand off to a RB and not get hurt.

My biggest concern right now is that Stevie Brown will morph into a significant force and have to take a seat when Philips comes back with half a knee.

Do you remember what happened 2 years ago when Coughlin felt "obligated" to put O'hara back in with half a knee........our season went right down the tubes

Sometimes the old guy totally baffles me.

Jack, if I recall, O'hara came back for the last three games and if I remember we only lost one of them.

The blowout game to Greenbay, when it wouldnt matter who we had on the O-line the defense allowed 45 points.

That was the 10-6 season.

Edit; I checked it out http://www.nfl.com/player/shauno%27hara/2504034/gamelogs?season=2010

He has back for the Philly game as well, when.....Jackson had his punt return.

Jack, if I recall, O'hara came back for the last three games and if I remember we only lost one of them.

The blowout game to Greenbay, when it wouldnt matter who we had on the O-line the defense allowed 45 points.

That was the 10-6 season.

let me spell it out for you.......we were averaging close to 9 yds per carry with Boothe at Center and Petrus at guard........O'hara came back and not only could we not run but Eli was facing incredible pressure right up the middle.....

I'm not sure if it's going to be this weekend, or the 49ers game, but the era of Bradshaw as the starting running back will come to an end.

Because if the Giants stick with Bradshaw, we are fucked.

I didn't see the segment, so if anyone else has the game on tape, please confim.....

Apparently, on Giants Rewind, Carl Banks mentioned that when it was 1st and 10 on the Eagles 26, the running play with Bradshaw could have resulted in a nice gain if he stayed with the play. Instead, Bradshaw bailed on the designed blocking, and instead, got 1 fucking yard because he bounced out. Banks indicated that the play could have gone for 6-7 yards.

So, instead of looking at a 44 yarder, the Giants would have been looking at a 37 or 38 yard shot.

I'm really tired of watching Bradshaw make the line look like shit. How else do you explain how Bradshaw tanked against the Bucs, but then after he got injured, Brown comes in and rips it up? Same offensive line....same opponent....on the same day.

Give me a fucking break with this guy.

I'd like to give him one season without the idea that he's in competition with Jacobs. I get what you're saying Joe and there is some proof of that. It's just that in fairness any run worth a fuck the last few seasons has come from him. The o-line last season was last in the league on running plays, that just doesn't come from bradshaw not hitting spots, they were few and far between. He was breaking off bigger runs before last year. Plus for years they placed there chips on a linebacker (size only) at running back, in the hopes the Giants had the next Okoye would revolutionize the game somewhat, and it didn't sem like they were giving up on the idea, until Bradshaw showed he was running the ball harder and doing more damage. If he hadn't, we might still be trying that experiment today.

Brown, has done well, but I don't think he's the answer. I do think that this idea of Wilson handling the kickoffs will do wonders for him, and hopefully he's the future.

let me spell it out for you.......we were averaging close to 9 yds per carry with Boothe at Center and Petrus at guard........O'hara came back and not only could we not run but Eli was facing incredible pressure right up the middle.....

With O'hara back we had 9.8 yards rushing in the Philly game and only had one sack against Eli.

In the 'Skins and GB we had 6.0 yards rushing average and Eli was only sacked once in the GB game.

Come on Jack, if you actually watched the game you would know that we lost to Greenbay because we simply couldn't stop their offense and we lost to Philly because of the last second punt return.

With O'hara back we had 9.8 yards rushing in the Philly game and only had one sack against Eli.

In the 'Skins and GB we had 6.0 yards rushing average and Eli was only sacked once in the GB game.

Come on Jack, if you actually watched the game you would know that we lost to Greenbay because we simply couldn't stop their offense and we lost to Philly because of the last second punt return.

I give up.........you see what you want to see. Even Coughlin admitted in retrospect he rushed O'hara back

he came back against the Eagles in week 15 and we lost after running off 3 wins in a row....we then lost to the Packers we finsihed wirth a win over the Skins but were out tof the playoffs with a 10-6 record.....my contention is had we not pre-maturely re-inserted O'hara we might have won the SB in 2010 also

I don't expect an apology from you or even a response so don't give one

Giants center Shaun O'Hara likely to return against Eagles, rejoin Big Blue offensive line starters

BY RALPH VACCHIANO

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Shaun O'Hara hasn't been this excited for a game since Week 1. That's because to him, it feels like it has been that long since he played.

Not quite, of course, but it has been nearly two months since the Giants last had their starting center in the lineup. But after missing six games with a Lisfranc sprain in his foot, it looks like O'Hara will be ready for the Giants' showdown with the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday

I give up.........you see what you want to see. Even Coughlin admitted in retrospect he rushed O'hara back

So really Jack, what do you expect Seuburt(not Boothe) to do against Jackson running a punt back for the winning TD in the final moments and Green Bay tearing up the secondary?

I remember seeing us move the ball against the Eagles to have a winning position until the last 10 seconds, I remember beating the 'Skins and putting us in position to make the playoffs if the Bears didn't decide to rest their starters and let Green Bay run all over them.

you can argue the facts but you will just dig yourself a deeper hole

I aint arguing anything Jack.

We wouldnt of won either of those games even with O'hara out, he doesnt play defense.

We were winning against the Eagles, we lost because of a stupid punt call and because the defense gave up 28 points in the fourth quarter.

We wouldn't of beaten the Packers, Rodgers had over 400 yards passing and slapped around the secondary.

I'm sorry Jack, you cant argue facts, you will just dig yourself a deeper hole.

Giants unsure about Andre Brown's pass protection

fter Andre Brown blew up against the Carolina Panthers, the New York Giants running back saw his "Madden NFL 13" rating hiked up by programmers in what appeared to be a harbinger of things to come.

Two weeks later, he's finding out about the importance of being a complete player in the backfield.

Harrison: Week 5 predictions

Elliot-Harrison_110827_65.jpg Elliot Harrison gives his picks for every Week 5 bout, including the 13th meeting between Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. More ...

Brown saw just nine snaps against the Philadelphia Eagles because offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride doesn't trust him in pass protection. (We've already seen David Wilson spend most of the season in Tom Coughlin's doghouse -- now this.) Brown is committed to winning back the coaching staff by working on his blocking technique.

"It's all about gaining the trust and keep going out there every week and letting them know that I can pass protect and picking up all my blitzes," Brown told The Star-Ledger. "I just got to keep going out there and taking advantage of all the opportunities that I have and continuing to grow on that side of the game."

Brown rushed for 184 yards on 33 carries in six quarters while filling in for the injured Ahmad Bradshaw. Tom Coughlin hinted that Brown would continue to see equal time after Bradshaw's return, but Brown sat out 58 of New York's 68 offensive plays against the Eagles. Translation: The safety of Eli Manning outshines any pet projects on this roster.

But Brown isn't giving up.

"I feel like if I continue to go out there each week and just continue to keep showing progress, I'll be all right," Brown said. "Eventually, one day I'll be out there and I'll gain their trust."

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000077573/article/giants-unsure-about-andre-browns-pass-protection?module=HP11_headline_stack

Could be a reason why we didnt see much of him against Philly, they were bringing the heat and it was obvious we couldnt block the pass rush.

Hope he get's it down soon, need Brown in as many snaps as he can get.

I aint arguing anything Jack.

We wouldnt of won either of those games even with O'hara out, he doesnt play defense.

We were winning against the Eagles, we lost because of a stupid punt call and because the defense gave up 28 points in the fourth quarter.

We wouldn't of beaten the Packers, Rodgers had over 400 yards passing and slapped around the secondary.

I'm sorry Jack, you cant argue facts, you will just dig yourself a deeper hole.

He isn't arguing wins and loses; just rushing yards.

Because it was a lock that we were going to rush for 200 yards and win those games, you know we lost games as well that season Jack, most importantly to the Eagles and Cowboys with Seuburt at center.

I aint talking about it Jack, it was in 2010, it's a moot point. It's like a kid trying to prove he's right no matter what, just to impress the playground kids.

Maybe when you coach your own NFL team Jack you can keep talking about what's best for that team.

Bradshaw bailed on a play that would have given us 2nd and short. Instead, it was 2nd and long.

He's an undisciplined runner that no longer has the physical tools to compensate for his lack of patience and vision. The declining stats bear this out.

And had we just kicked it on 2nd down, we win the game, and you aren't in here using a completely illogical argument to prove a point you're probably right about. The real question is why they didn't just sneak Eli up the middle and let Tynes attempt the 40 yard field goal.