SportsWrath

The Bradshaw era will be ending soon

JMFP

And had we just kicked it on 2nd down, we win the game, and you aren't in here using a completely illogical argument to prove a point you're probably right about. The real question is why they didn't just sneak Eli up the middle and let Tynes attempt the 40 yard field goal.

A 44 yarder isn't automatic, but a 38 yarder has a much better percentage.

We didn't need any razzle-fucking-dazzle......all we needed was a running back that tried to execute the play that was called. That would have been enough.

It's one thing to be an average running back.....it's an entirely different thing to be an average running back that doesn't stick with the play.

But, I suppose since he's good at picking up the blitz, we don't need a good running game, and can afford to lose winnable games......2-2 rocks!

This might be going too far back for some guys here.....but I remember when we had Rob Carpenter.....he wasn't fancy.....he just ran the play that was called, and picked up 3-4 yards like clockwork.....I'd take that any day over what I'm seeing right now.

I think the protection of Eli is paramount in the mind of the coaching staff and it should be. Hopefully, Brown gets a better grasp of pass protection. I'll take an early 14-0 lead Sunday that way we won't have to worry about it and we can just give him the ball.

By the end of the season, we're going to need all four of our RB's and in time, the cream will rise to the top. I suspect by the end of the season it will be Brown and Wilson getting the most work, but it could very well end up being Brown and Scott. I just have a gut feeling that Bradshaw will end up on the IR before it's through.

I think Wilson is cementing himself as the starting kick returner, but that's a different role than RB as it relies solely on speed, athleticism, and individual effort; whereas, RB means blocking without the ball as well as working with the offensive line for team play to move the ball forward.

I'm not particularly worried about our running game because we are primarily a passing team. We would have many hundred yard running games if the team was built around a running attack, but it is definitely secondary in our offensive plans. I'm glad to see Hynoski is starting to get the opportunity to carry the ball because he is a freakin bruiser that can plow for short yardage. And short yardage on the ground has been a problem of late.

funny how they suddenly say they dont trust brown with pass protection. i didnt hear anything about that after the carolina game

Actually.....

(Andre and I) were supposed to be switching but that didn’t happen,” Wilson said of last week’s game. “It’s just a matter of, I guess, now just gaining the coaches’ trust back. ’Dre, he’s been there for a while, he knows all the plays, and I guess they’ve got more confidence in him.” Pass protection is an area Brown also needs to improve in. It is why fullback Henry Hynoski has been added to the third-down running back rotation and is playing a more prominent role than expected in the Giants offense, Gilbride said.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/giants_rb_andre_brown_vying_fo.html

This article was written before the Eagles game.

A 44 yarder isn't automatic, but a 38 yarder has a much better percentage.

We didn't need any razzle-fucking-dazzle......all we needed was a running back that tried to execute the play that was called. That would have been enough.

It's one thing to be an average running back.....it's an entirely different thing to be an average running back that doesn't stick with the play.

But, I suppose since he's good at picking up the blitz, we don't need a good running game, and can afford to lose winnable games......2-2 rocks!

This might be going too far back for some guys here.....but I remember when we had Rob Carpenter.....he wasn't fancy.....he just ran the play that was called, and picked up 3-4 yards like clockwork.....I'd take that any day over what I'm seeing right now.

Yep go back way before Rob Carpenter...pre Csonka experiment ...remember B.T. Taylor...or nicknamed the B.T. Express...when he should have been called the B.T. Local... :rimshot:

funny how they suddenly say they dont trust brown with pass protection. i didnt hear anything about that after the carolina game

I was thinking the same thing....the offense seemed to be clicking out there with Brown in the backfield.

I think if we see them same crap from this offense that we saw against the Eagles, that stadium is going to be raining boos down on them.

The Gilbride/Bradshaw bromance will be over soon enough.

I think the protection of Eli is paramount in the mind of the coaching staff and it should be. Hopefully, Brown gets a better grasp of pass protection. I'll take an early 14-0 lead Sunday that way we won't have to worry about it and we can just give him the ball.

who said Browns pass protection is not good???.......he went 6 straight Qtrs and I do not htink Eli got sacked but a couple of times.

Also 113 yds on the ground makes the linemen stay home......good running in itself means less QB pressure.

every once in a while a guy comes along- A Blackburn, a Cruz, a Stevie Brown............guys who come out of nowhere who have honed their craft, worked hard, and prepared themselves for achievmet

Andre Brown has the athletic tools and instincts to lead the NFL in rushing........Ahmad has been a mighty little warrior, but he does not have that kind of upside and is indeed slipping......also he is not a student of the run game, he is a student of the blocking game......he refuses to follow his blockers and have the patience that makes for a great not just a good runner.

If we are to repeat as Champions new blood has to step forward, as some like Tuck and Bradshaw slip into decline.....this is not the 2011 Giants

We have 33% roster turnover, and frankly we have one potrential super star who has not yet played a down- Ojomo

I'm good with this team. I think they are headed in the right direction........sometimes a little early season disappointment is a character builder

I lool forward to Eli hoisting another Silver Trophy this February.........LETS GO GIANTS!!!!!

Oh lawdy, we dont want to bring up this thread again.

I do want to know how Brown is though, if it's a concussion or not.

Hope he can come back soon.

Like I said, run all of the backs. Bradshaw, Brown, Wilson.

No need to pick favorites like Jack always does with players.

Well, at the very least, we found out the offensive line can run block.

Wilson is a weapon....great hole by the line, but he slipped through there like a cruise missile and nobody could even lay a glove on him.

Wilson is a weapon....great hole by the line, but he slipped through there like a cruise missile and nobody could even lay a glove on him.

I'm telling you I blinked next thing you know he is in daylight and the end zone.

That was my concern Joe.

I never said Bradshaw hasnt lost a step or that Brown wasnt a better runner.

Just that the O-line is what the problem is, I will say today they did a hell of a job run blocking. The holes that were open for Bradshaw and Wilson you could drive a truck through.

I will say though Bradshaw did bounce a few times for some yards but also for no yards, Brown has the habit of just running straight at the first hole he sees.

Both are good running backs and with the HOPEFULLY NOW TRUSTED Wilson, we can have three good running backs to run the ball.

As long as the O-line holds. San Fran is going to be a test.

I'm telling you I blinked next thing you know he is in daylight and the end zone.

Pretty wild.

They could have a 3 headed monster......really depends on Gilbride and Coughlin at this point.

Both are good running backs and with the HOPEFULLY NOW TRUSTED Wilson, we can have three good running backs to run the ball.

I agree.

Yeah, Wilson has coughed up the ball...... but there's obviously a ton of potential reward that goes with the risk.

You'd think that guys who put the ball up in the air as much as Gilbride and Coughlin can handle that sort of risk.

I agree.

Yeah, Wilson has coughed up the ball...... but there's obviously a ton of potential reward that goes with the risk.

You'd think that guys who put the ball up in the air as much as Gilbride and Coughlin can handle that sort of risk.

Exactly they are gamblers in the air but so risk averse when it comes to the run...

The running game is supposed to be less risky.

I agree.