SportsWrath

How far we've come...

Dragon

I bought my father the Giants Greatest Games DVD set for Father's Day... And me being me had to buy one for myself too. I was watching the 2006 Eagles game and good Lord. There was very little pressure from the d-line for most of the game, the o-line was letting rushers free again and again, and Eli looked below average. Looking at where we were takes my appreciation of where we are now to a whole new level.

That being said its a nice set of games, but I think the could've picked better ones for the Greatest Giants Games of All Time.

The defense looks promising... I'm real excited about Joseph. He really stepped up. Especially against the 49ers and Patriots. Our DL and DB looks deep... I've never seen them with this much dept.

Said it before and I'll say it again.

That 2nd touchdown pass Manning threw to Toomer maybe one of the best throws Manning ever made. Outside of Manningham in the Superbowl..can't really think of another pass that was on the money like that and where only his guy could make a play on the ball.

Honestly I feel very privileged to be able to watch the entire career of the greatest Giants QB of all time.

Said it perfectly. We are witnessing football history...guys like Eli will be talked about with reverance in Giants history for decades....and probably in NFL history, too--he does have 2 rings already....I wouldn't be surprised to see him equal Montana for rings....the guy simply wins the big ones.

Said it before and I'll say it again.

That 2nd touchdown pass Manning threw to Toomer maybe one of the best throws Manning ever made. Outside of Manningham in the Superbowl..can't really think of another pass that was on the money like that and where only his guy could make a play on the ball.

Eli throws some gorgeous passes and some that make you wonder how the hell he was able to complete them.

Case in point Tyree's TD from SB42... had Eli been off target AT ALL the pass is intercepted by Asante Samuel. Same with his TD to Cruz in 46. He put the ball right behind the defender's head and afterwards admitted he never saw him.

His movement in the pocket and his field vision are uncanny. Not to mention his flat out toughness. The man gets buried and gets up with his little shoulder shrug and goes right back to work like nothing happened.

There aren't many athletes who could get shit on and disrespected(I participated at times) the way Eli did and find success. In the New York market nonetheless. He's turned into a complete gamer and champion. Considering where Eli was his first four years in the league to now is nothing short of remarkable. He has a real opportunity to build on an already awesome resume and become a legend. He already is in New York.

There aren't many athletes who could get shit on and disrespected(I participated at times) the way Eli did and find success. In the New York market nonetheless. He's turned into a complete gamer and champion. Considering where Eli was his first four years in the league to now is nothing short of remarkable. He has a real opportunity to build on an already awesome resume and become a legend. He already is in New York.

But ya know, in my opinion, the flashes were always there, even in those first four years. There were some really ugly moments, and definitely some moments, for me, that told me he was going to be just fine, and to not worry that Phil Rivers was seemingly better prepared (though, wasn't he behind Brees for an entire season?). I originally thought it was kind of dumb to pull Kurt Warner so early, but in hindsight, it was the best move to make.

But ya know, in my opinion, the flashes were always there, even in those first four years. There were some really ugly moments, and definitely some moments, for me, that told me he was going to be just fine, and to not worry that Phil Rivers was seemingly better prepared (though, wasn't he behind Brees for an entire season?). I originally thought it was kind of dumb to pull Kurt Warner so early, but in hindsight, it was the best move to make.

No disrespect to Eli because he's a gamer but it's definitely possible Rivers could have won SBs also with the Giants. There is a reason Eli refused to play in San Diego. That they never made it to a SB with all that talent is a testament to how inept the franchise is. How Turner and Smith have kept their jobs is exhibit A and B.

No disrespect to Eli because he's a gamer but it's definitely possible Rivers could have won SBs also with the Giants. There is a reason Eli refused to play in San Diego. That they never made it to a SB with all that talent is a testament to how inept the franchise is. How Turner and Smith have kept their jobs is exhibit A and B.

I honestly don't know if he could have handled the pressure of NY and shown the resiliency that Eli has....you bring up a legit point, though.

I honestly don't know if he could have handled the pressure of NY and shown the resiliency that Eli has....you bring up a legit point, though.

How could he handle all of Ny when He can't even handle Jets.

philip-rivers-is-displeased-with-lunchables.jpg

How could he handle all of Ny when He can't even handle Jets.

philip-rivers-is-displeased-with-lunchables.jpg

lol, yeah, I'd rather our QB have a stupid look on his face and just shrug it off, than Phillip Rivers looking like he's going to take a shit and then taking a shit on the field...

This team has been built from the ground up by Coughlin. The team was not very good when he took over in 2004 (4-12 the previous year) and after his first couple of games with Kurt Warner at the helm, he chose to baptize Eli by fire and throw him in. From that point on, TC built up a new team around this green as grass unproven quarterback. He surrounded Eli with some very good receivers and each year, began plugging in the holes that he felt were necessary through quality drafting, developing young players, and sparingly picking up free agents. Each new addition to the team has been strategically designed for TC's style of play.

This team has TC, Reese, and Eli written all over it.

Apart from the amazing development of Eli and our receiving corps, the defense must be mentioned as it was built around an abundance of very good DE's turning TC's overall strategy into a "Sack'n Pass" team like no other. Tuck, JPP, Webster, Phillips, etc., have made the Giants a solid defensive team as well.

And it seems TC has plugged another hole by getting the running game back in shape and has also been putting in place some very good special teams players. The future's so bright, I'm wearing shades as I type!

This team has been built from the ground up by Coughlin. The team was not very good when he took over in 2004 (4-12 the previous year) and after his first couple of games with Kurt Warner at the helm, he chose to baptize Eli by fire and throw him in. From that point on, TC built up a new team around this green as grass unproven quarterback. He surrounded Eli with some very good receivers and each year, began plugging in the holes that he felt were necessary through quality drafting, developing young players, and sparingly picking up free agents. Each new addition to the team has been strategically designed for TC's style of play.

This team has TC, Reese, and Eli written all over it.

Apart from the amazing development of Eli and our receiving corps, the defense must be mentioned as it was built around an abundance of very good DE's turning TC's overall strategy into a "Sack'n Pass" team like no other. Tuck, JPP, Webster, Phillips, etc., have made the Giants a solid defensive team as well.

And it seems TC has plugged another hole by getting the running game back in shape and has also been putting in place some very good special teams players. The future's so bright, I'm wearing shades as I type!

Very well put. Teams don't get built overnight (just look at the jets scrambling for washed up vets in hopes of getting them over the hump). Can't really ask for more from this team... 2 SBs in 5 years... not a losing record since we got Eli... and we missed the playoffs like.. once I think? and even then we were 10-6.

I imagine Jack won't be too happy about your post bleedin lol.

Netherlands? WTF?

Fucking Dutch douchers. What the fuck is up with Van Persie? Guy is missing easy goals. They can pass and control tempo great but just can't finish. Also D is a liability.

Don't worry Ireland is bad too, they will be done tomorrow. They can not stop anybody defensively and every team is focused on Keane, he can not even get close to getting a good look. Shay Given's is a good goalie, but is overwhelmed by other teams getting right through the middle of the D.

Don't worry Ireland is bad too, they will be done tomorrow. They can not stop anybody defensively and every team is focused on Keane, he can not even get close to getting a good look. Shay Given's is a good goalie, but is overwhelmed by other teams getting right through the middle of the D.

Well atleast Ireland didn't have much pressure. How do you go from World Cup finals to not winning a game? It's so frustrating to watch them move the ball so well and then just brain fart. Like watching a Killdrive in action (happy Nas :P ).