SportsWrath

How far we've come...

Dragon

Well atleast Ireland didn't have much pressure. How do you go from World Cup finals to not winning a game? It's so frustrating to watch them move the ball so well and then just brain fart. Like watching a Killdrive in action (happy Nas :P ).

lol

Well atleast Ireland didn't have much pressure. How do you go from World Cup finals to not winning a game? It's so frustrating to watch them move the ball so well and then just brain fart. Like watching a Killdrive in action (happy Nas :P ).

Spain is gonna win the Euro too, they are crazy good, A championship like the GIANTS got

But ya know, in my opinion, the flashes were always there, even in those first four years. There were some really ugly moments, and definitely some moments, for me, that told me he was going to be just fine, and to not worry that Phil Rivers was seemingly better prepared (though, wasn't he behind Brees for an entire season?). I originally thought it was kind of dumb to pull Kurt Warner so early, but in hindsight, it was the best move to make.

Definitely Storm. Eli had some big games early in his career. I had the privilege to see his first career win against Dallas and the comeback versus the Broncos in person. It was the inconsistency though. Hell, in 2007 he was outperformed by Cleo Lemon in London in perhaps the worst professional football game I've ever watched. I certainly won't sit here and tell you that I always believed in the guy because I didn't. I had no idea what was going to happen and to be honest, I was worried. Week 17 against New England is where everything really changed.

But ya know, in my opinion, the flashes were always there, even in those first four years. There were some really ugly moments, and definitely some moments, for me, that told me he was going to be just fine, and to not worry that Phil Rivers was seemingly better prepared (though, wasn't he behind Brees for an entire season?). I originally thought it was kind of dumb to pull Kurt Warner so early, but in hindsight, it was the best move to make.

Two years, they were gonna actually keep Brees and trade Rivers, but Brees scoffed at pretty much any amount of money they offered (It's like Deja Vu?)

I think the turning point was when Jerry Reese stepped up to GM.

Yes Eli has evolved (Ernies guy) but who is to say we would not be just as far along Rothlingsberger or Phillip Rivers (A Giant for 22 seconds).

Was Rivers ever a Giant or must you sign a contract? I guess you could say he was momentarily Giants property

I do not want to start a fight in the hen house but frankly any of the 3 likely would have gotten us to where we are today......the others without giving up a ton of draft choices

I think the turning point was when Jerry Reese stepped up to GM.

Yes Eli has evolved (Ernies guy) but who is to say we would not be just as far along Rothlingsberger or Phillip Rivers (A Giant for 22 seconds).

Was Rivers ever a Giant or must you sign a contract? I guess you could say he was momentarily Giants property

I do not want to start a fight in the hen house but frankly any of the 3 likely would have gotten us to where we are today......the others without giving up a ton of draft choices

I know what you're saying and you're right that all three are talented QBs....but much of the Giant's success starts with leadership, chemistry and work ethic. Think Big Ben would have had problems in the babe candy store that is NYC? Think he would have provided the same leadership as Eli? Think he would have worked with and developed Cruz like Eli did? Or you think Rivers wouldn't have pouted, fussed and eventually blown up with the likes of Plax and Shocky riding him through the early years? Eli was the perfect fit for this town and this team. I'm not going to tell you I knew all this back on that draft day but right now, I wouldn't trade Eli for either one of those guys.

I know what you're saying and you're right that all three are talented QBs....but much of the Giant's success starts with leadership, chemistry and work ethic. Think Big Ben would have had problems in the babe candy store that is NYC? Think he would have provided the same leadership as Eli? Think he would have worked with and developed Cruz like Eli did? Or you think Rivers wouldn't have pouted, fussed and eventually blown up with the likes of Plax and Shocky riding him through the early years? Eli was the perfect fit for this town and this team. I'm not going to tell you I knew all this back on that draft day but right now, I wouldn't trade Eli for either one of those guys.

I think all three are pretty interchangeable.....I have no idea what would have happened........in some parallel universe Rivers just won the SB I guess

it's pretty unreal. we had a tough run there for years where we'd flirt with success every couple of years, blow it, and then spend the next 2-3 seasons picking up the pieces before repeating the cycle. now we got a qb that is so unbelievably good that you're shocked at the few times he fails at 4th quarter comebacks. i remember being insanely confident in the regular season 49er game and just standing there dumbfounded at the incomplete in the red zone on 4th down. it's a great problem to have.

and of course our front office is top notch. it's nice to just have faith in a guy's draft picks like we do with reese. it's also pretty cool that we took one of the great draft gambles of all time and it worked out

This...

it's pretty unreal. we had a tough run there for years where we'd flirt with success every couple of years, blow it, and then spend the next 2-3 seasons picking up the pieces before repeating the cycle. now we got a qb that is so unbelievably good that you're shocked at the few times he fails at 4th quarter comebacks. i remember being insanely confident in the regular season 49er game and just standing there dumbfounded at the incomplete in the red zone on 4th down. it's a great problem to have.

and of course our front office is top notch. it's nice to just have faith in a guy's draft picks like we do with reese. it's also pretty cool that we took one of the great draft gambles of all time and it worked out

Hear...hear.

I do not think we are going to falter this year. I'm very hopeful for a repeat Lombardi for the 1st time.

I like the draft, especially Wilson. Bear Pascoe is just as good as Ballard, and this Marcellus Bennet looks like a good pick up.

We still have time to add players at final cut time.

My prayers are we get through the pre-season without a rash of injuries. Did Steve Smith sign with anyone? I'd like to get him back as would Eli in all likelyhood