SportsWrath

And So It Begins

NeMesiS

Also from Ralph Vacchiano

Other notes from the Giants’ final open OTA …

--LT Will Beatty remained out of OTA action due to a bad back that Tom Coughlin said “has kind of slowed him down” and probably will keep him out of minicamp. Coughlin said Beatty is making “good progress,” but there is clearly also some “concern.” “Anybody that has had a bad back realizes that if you get yourself in trouble it is very difficult to get out of trouble in a short amount of time,” Coughlin said. “It’s painful. But he has worked well at it. He is in every meeting, and I’m encouraged by that. He is not uncomfortable sitting in his meeting room chair, so he is making good progress.”

--Who has caught Coughlin’s eye at the OTAs? Coughlin mentioned a few players. He said CB Michael Coe “had a couple of outstanding plays” and “a real good interception the other day.” He said WR Ramses Barden has had “good flash plays” and so has DE Adrian Tracy. He also continued to be impressed by the rookies, particularly RB David Wilson, the Giants’ first-round pick, who has flashed his “quickness and speed.”

--CB Prince Amukamara (foot) has been cleared to do individual drills. … DT Shaun Rogers has been held out of OTAs due to what Coughlin called “some issues with an elbow.” … S TylerSash limped off the field early in OTAs. It was unclear exactly what happened, but he was limping badly as he left the fieldhouse. … CB Corey Webster, CB Bruce Johnson, LB Clint Sintim (knee), CB Antwaun Molden (hamstring) spent much of the time on the sidelines. Several other players were limited, including DE Justin Tuck (shoulder), RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) and S Kenny Phillips (knee). … Among the very few missing from the OTA were WR Hakeem Nicks (foot), TE Travis Beckum (knee), TE Jake Ballard (knee), DT Chris Canty (knee). … DT Markus Kuhn, the Giants’ seventh-round draft pick and a native of Germany, is unable to participate in OTAs because he has not yet gotten his work visa. The Giants anticipate he’ll have it in time for next week’s mandatory, full-team minicamp.

"Good flash plays" is like telling the retarded kid he's "special".

Did you see, Tree? You can get TWO apple pies for a dollar!

Tell you what, when I win... I'll eat one pie, then I'll describe to you how delicious the other pie is while I eat that one, so it'll be like you're eating it.

So i heard on giants.com tht while Bennet is overweight he is still only 13% bodyfat which is better by atleast 10% than the avereage American let alone athlete. Most people need to be under 10% bf to have 6 packs nd some low s 7%, so keep this in mind.

Did you see, Tree? You can get TWO apple pies for a dollar!

Tell you what, when I win... I'll eat one pie, then I'll describe to you how delicious the other pie is while I eat that one, so it'll be like you're eating it.

I'll do the same, but with your Mom.

BURN!

I believe the NY Giants are now using the same NY Yankee game plan of describing players that they want to get rid of via trade before being cut.

He said CB Michael Coe “had a couple of outstanding plays” and “a real good interception the other day.” He said WR Ramses Barden has had “good flash plays” and so has DE Adrian Tracy. He also continued to be impressed by the rookies, particularly RB David Wilson, the Giants’ first-round pick, who has flashed his “quickness and speed.”

Really hoping he mentioned David Wilson just to keep other teams from noticing the other two were bums so far.