SportsWrath

And So It Begins

NeMesiS

I told you guys. Bennett pulled this bullshit in Dallas all the time! I would rather sign Shockey again. At least I know he is serious about playing.

Seriously. I think Shockey is more mature now than before. He has two rings to his resume. And always want the ball. Has the fire unlike this Bennett.

Seriously. I think Shockey is more mature now than before. He has two rings to his resume. And always want the ball. Has the fire unlike this Bennett.

Shocky's rings came in spite of him not because of him. Mature or not we've moved on... And let's not throw in the towel on Bennet just yet... we still have Pascoe and the Rookie anyway.

I think the Shockey bridge has been burned.

But Shiancoe is a decent player. Bennett has a lot of weight to lose, but he can do it by the time the games matter. If he doesn't, then expect Pascoe to be the guy opening day, and I'm fine with that. Robinson will get his work in, too. Pope isn't going to screw around with Bennett. He either performs or he can take a cold spot on the bench.

I think the Shockey bridge has been burned.

I understand that... But, what I'm trying to say is we are better with Shockey (With all the drama that comes with him) than Bennet (And all the drama he brings). At least with Shockey, he come to play. Bennett is a lazy bum....

a tight end may be added when the giants decide to PUP list ballard and beckum which will free up 2 roster spots.

I think the 2 of those are forgone conclusions for PUP... Bennett, Robinson, Pascoe are your 3 TE's for the 53 man roster, not necessarily in that order. And don't forget about Hopkins who could play his way into the mix.

I think the 2 of those are forgone conclusions for PUP... Bennett, Robinson, Pascoe are your 3 TE's for the 53 man roster, not necessarily in that order. And don't forget about Hopkins who could play his way into the mix.

If this Bennett dude doesn't get his act together (hearing from Nem how lazy he is and showing up grossly overweight) I see the Giants cutting his ass and giving Hopkins a chance to compete.

Just more of him for Osi to cum in his pant too.

To be fair, Bennet hasn't earned that yet for me, yea I wanted us to sign him and we did, if he starts playing like a beast then maybe. His backup the Rook Robinson has already made me cream my pants with hid frame, size, athleticism and motor, plus he's s ready made NFL blocker.

Oh ye of little faith. The Pope-meister has the Midas touch and turns clay into gold. He turned "blocker only" Boss into an elite TE - dittos with indrafted "blocker only" winner of Ohio States 'Defensive Lineman of the Year Award' Ballard. Even undrafted Pascoe would be carrying a lunchpail to a construction site every morning if Pope hadn't seen something in him that could help the Giants and damned if he didn't get a decent football player out of him.

Besides Bennett, Robinson, and Pascoe, Pope has Christian Hopkins, Ryan Purvis, and Larry Donnell to play with all summer and Hopkins is better (and more familiar with the Giants playbook) than some TE's on other teams' rosters and at some point, Ballard and Beckum will be back. Although, I think Beckum's days are numbered. There could be a real battle this summer for the third spot between Hopkins and Pascoe

Bennett will be getting into shape before the season starts and will be used primarily for blocking in the first half of the season. Robinson will have a couple of routes down and will get some opportunities to move the ball downfield. Pascoe will be used sparingly - yet effectively - in both roles and Eli has so many options to go to that we don't need a game plan centered around a pass catching TE and will be used for no other reason than to keep the defense honest.

The last thing on earth the Giants should do is to take a look at Shockey. Shockey is over-the-hill, hard to keep happy and destroys the good chemistry of the team. He had his chance and he spent it bitching, moaning, sulking, and getting the team penalized for showboating and refused to practice in Spring with the team and return to Miami where he believed his old college was better than the Giants at getting him in shape. And all that he did that was positive was when he was in his prime, which is long gone.

Have faith in Pope. He will have three effective TE's ready to play in September.

I like Pope and I do think he's a very good coach... however let's not get carried away here.. Boss was never "elite" and quite frankly we don't really rely on TEs that much in our offense... I don't see what's so hard about a 6 6" guy catching a fucking pass that's thrown to him.

some funny from today's otas:

all from beat writers twitters:

Great moments in sports journalism: Giants TE Martellus Bennett standing in front of the media in just shorts saying "Do I look fat?"

The intrepid @NYPost_Schwartz notes Bennett conducted his interview shirtless. "I had to let the world see" his "6 1/2 pack" abs.

Bennett said he got up to 291 because he "rocked out" in the weight room this offseason. He said he turned himself into "a physical freak."

Bennett: "I'm looking like Atlas, not Professor Klump."

I resemble that remark!!! :F-U:

I have always tried to keep positive when analyzing the Giants. Don't confuse having a posititve attitude with hyperbole.

There is a difference between keeping a positive attitude and having rose colored glasses on. Question...on what planet was Kevin Boss an "elite" tight end?