SportsWrath

Zak DeOssie Signs Extension

Mr. P

He's carved out a nice career for himself simply because he can long snap. Specialization. Get your kids started on punting, coffin corner, etc, at a young age, lol.

He's always one of the first down field too.

I'm sorry, but I've never been that high on the kid. Frankly I think he takes up roster space. I think he's one of the luckiest fuckers there is, and now here's proof.

I mean the guy has been on the team for years and he never gets a snap in a regular season game, never!. He didn't get any consideration for playing time when we had to go get Blackburn back. I think that's embarassing. Every linebacker we've had the last few years has jumped over him.

I'm sorry, but I've never been that high on the kid. Frankly I think he takes up roster space. I think he's one of the luckiest fuckers there is, and now here's proof.

I mean the guy has been on the team for years and he never gets a snap in a regular season game, never!. He didn't get any consideration for playing time when we had to go get Blackburn back. I think that's embarassing. Every linebacker we've had the last few years has jumped over him.

Yeah, because he's not considered a linebacker at all. I remember reading the coaches told him to stop going to the defensive/linebacker meetings, just to go to the special teams meetings. This was like last year, too.

He is what he is, a reliable guy that delivers the ball very well, every time, in long snapping situations. The other guys made a good point, too, that he has been one of, if not the best special teamers as far as getting down field on returns and getting after the returner. So for a special teams ace, and great long snapper, he's held down his position and has done a great job. Not as a linebacker. Because he's not a linebacker, not anymore.