SportsWrath

Free Agency

Sephiroth

well we did bring in Bennet. The one thing I like about this kid is that he is a pretty good in-line blocker. I know we masked this over the last two years with the Andrews Sisters et. al. but it will be nice to have a blocking TE again.

I also like that it is a one year deal. Sometimes that wakes a guy up.

Other than that, I would not be surprised to see them bring in someone at T or at RB that fits the system but is not a "big name" guy. They will probably wait until after the draft and then go with the greater perceived need.

Ok now ill just throw it in your face if he does produce! Every day.

I liked it too, I liked him out of A&M. I think our team will wake him up. He also didn't get much of a shot in Dallas behind Witten, people didn't realize how good a blocker he is though.

Lmao!

And H I agree, Bennet was a good signing. Funny I mentioned signing him about a week after the superbowl and I got killed for it!

even if it doesn't work out it is an OK move as far as i am concerned.

They got a guy who fits a glaring need ( in-line blocking ) with a lot of upside, cheap for 1 year. The risk / reward IMHO is well in favor of the Giants.

Also the Giants just won the SB and there are no big name FA to replace. The Giants really didn't need to do much in FA. How much action have the Packers taken?

The Packers picked up arguably the best center in the game.

They lost Scott Wells, who at this point is better then Saturday

OK, they lost the best center in the game and signed the second best one....point is, they made a much bigger splash than the Giants signing of Martellus Bennet (space cadet is the number 1 descriptor I've heard used to describe him)

Not that I really mind, I don't think our team needs all that much...

OK, they lost the best center in the game and signed the second best one....point is, they made a much bigger splash than the Giants signing of Martellus Bennet (space cadet is the number 1 descriptor I've heard used to describe him)

yeah, we didn't risk much for Bennett and Gilbride doesn't use the TE much anyway, so I didn't mind. Some people think Pope can work with Bennett and turn him around, I guess it's a wait and see.

yeah, we didn't risk much for Bennett and Gilbride doesn't use the TE much anyway, so I didn't mind. Some people think Pope can work with Bennett and turn him around, I guess it's a wait and see.

Yep, they went out and got the one position I felt needed to be addressed in free agency, pretty decent contract and good potential, at least.

When FA started and it was reported the Giants were in cap hell I had a feeling it was going to be one of those sign maybe two-three players and then wait for the draft type of off seasons.

I think after the draft and heading into camp JR will see what's left out there that can be signed for cheap and that's when I think you'll see some more movement.

Other then that I just want the draft to hit.

Salary cap?

Besides we won the SB.. which means we should be the least active team in a sense.

Yep, they went out and got the one position I felt needed to be addressed in free agency, pretty decent contract and good potential, at least.

I am wondering why we didn't look at Joel Dressen, he's been a solid TE for Houston. The Broncos gave him three years at 8.5 Million, that's not a bad contract.