SportsWrath

Bigger Steal? Demeco Ryans to Eagles or...

gmenroc

Whoa.... what the hell happened to Demeco Ryans? I remember him being one of the few bright spots for the Texans a couple years ago.

If he's the player I recall then thats a huge steal for the Eagles. Brandon Marshall is so overrated.

Ryans tore an Achilles in 2010 and only played a portion of the season. He was injured a good part of last year as well. With Mario Williams playing some LB and Cushing playing well too, so that's all part of it. But given the Texans STILL took a cap hit as a result of the trade because of some signing bonus, I think the Texans got schooled on this trade.

Ryans is still young and still has time to fully recover from his injuries, so long as the Eagles don't automatically clear him medically ala Steve Smith.

I can't say Brandon Marshall is overrated on the field, but as a teammate, as a person, as a human...I'm not a baggage guy when it comes to the players I want on my team. So yeah, I agree, I think the Eagles got the bigger steal here.

Freaking texans could of look else where for this trade if they were facing salary cap issue. Iggles always like to screw people with these low ball trades but karma gets them all the time. I would of thought a team like BILLS, Rams or even Vikings would give a little more than a 3rd rounder.

But brandon is a proven star with the performance to back it up. I say the bears cuz jay cutler is there.

Ryans tore an Achilles in 2010 and only played a portion of the season. He was injured a good part of last year as well. With Mario Williams playing some LB and Cushing playing well too, so that's all part of it. But given the Texans STILL took a cap hit as a result of the trade because of some signing bonus, I think the Texans got schooled on this trade.

Ryans is still young and still has time to fully recover from his injuries, so long as the Eagles don't automatically clear him medically ala Steve Smith.

I can't say Brandon Marshall is overrated on the field, but as a teammate, as a person, as a human...I'm not a baggage guy when it comes to the players I want on my team. So yeah, I agree, I think the Eagles got the bigger steal here.

Yeah, we can only hope the Eagles screw this up... history says they will. Hate to bet against a guy's health though, Ryans was a good player last time I saw him, forgot about his Achilles though.

I'm going to stand corrected on Brandon Marshall... one of things I look at for a WR is what is his QB's completion % when going to that receiver. Guys like Burress and Shockey leap out as weaknesses when you frame the numbers like that, and somehow I got the impression that Marshall is of the same quality. But no, he's been very strong in that respect, consistantly around 60%+, which considering the QBs in Miami and that he plays the X receiver is straight quality.

Now I remember where I got that idea - got Marshall confused with another former Miami wide receiver, Chris Chambers.

I woulda gave up a 4th for him.

That's the point...I think the list is lengthy of folks who would have done so...which begs the question, why the Texans didn't ask for more from the Eagles than just a 4th...which is why Giants fans are pissed off