SportsWrath

9 win regular season

jranieli

I love the fans who get all excited over winning regular seasons (looking at you, Packers fans) and act like the teams that beat them in the playoffs either didn't deserve the win or change it around to make it sound like the Packers actively tried to lose the game.

I love the fans who get all excited over winning regular seasons (looking at you, Packers fans) and act like the teams that beat them in the playoffs either didn't deserve the win or change it around to make it sound like the Packers actively tried to lose the game.

:o

Credit will never be given where its due with us. We could go 19-0 and blow out everyone by 50 and we'd still be lucky (lucky charms is the phrase I've encountered with the haters at my job) or we wouldn't deserve it or some other bs to keep from giving us the respect that we earned by convincingly beating everyone we came across.

Credit will never be given where its due with us. We could go 19-0 and blow out everyone by 50 and we'd still be lucky (lucky charms is the phrase I've encountered with the haters at my job) or we wouldn't deserve it or some other bs to keep from giving us the respect that we earned by convincingly beating everyone we came across.

"The harder I work, the luckier I get"

That's a huge misconception and you're right. The only purpose the regular season serves is that it provides the opportunity to compete for a championship if you perform well. That's it. Everyone gets caught up in the hyperbole of the moment.

That's a huge misconception and you're right. The only purpose the regular season serves is that it provides you the opportunity to compete for a championship if you perform well. That's it. Everyone gets caught up in the hyperbole of the moment.

Most fans are like that.. however seasoned fans (I consider myself one) get upset when we lose to shitty teams or play like shit... I was never upset after losing to the Packers or SF in the reg season.. at least not upset with my team. I was upset with losing to the Skins and the Seahawks.

That's a huge misconception and you're right. The only purpose the regular season serves is that it provides the opportunity to compete for a championship if you perform well. That's it. Everyone gets caught up in the hyperbole of the moment.

Exactly. I just ask people how they think the Patriots players from 07 view their undefeated season after a loss in the big dance.

Exactly. I just ask people how they think the Patriots players from 07 view their undefeated season after a loss in the big dance.

They feel like we punched them in the mouth whereas their fans blame everything and everyone else.

If you are just analyzing the catch in a vacuum, there are many in Super Bowl history that would compare favorably. What about the Santonio Holmes catch?

But if you take into account the situation... with the only 18-0 team in Super Bowl history and the way Eli got away from the Patriots defense to chuck that ball downfield, with Harrison draped all over him, and pinning it on his helmet to set up arguably the greatest upset in NFL history, with apologies to the Jets... then yes, it's the greatest catch in NFL history. If you want to say no, and that it was really the greatest PLAY of NFL history, I can go with that.

As for the Manningham catch, it was a very good grab, but I think it was overblown a bit. It deserves it's place in Super Bowl history, sure. The throw, to me, was better than the catch. But for comparison's sake, I would take Holmes' game winning grab for the Steelers over Manningham or Clark easily.

Most fans are like that.. however seasoned fans (I consider myself one) get upset when we lose to shitty teams or play like shit... I was never upset after losing to the Packers or SF in the reg season.. at least not upset with my team. I was upset with losing to the Skins and the Seahawks.

+1