SportsWrath

Garcon announces intent to sign with Redskins

BIGBLUE01

Peyton aint going to the 'Skins but he certainly aint with the Colts either.

Good move, give that RG2 1/4 a possession WR to throw too.

lol

Is it just me, or does it seem like RGIII is WAAAY overhyped?

lol

Is it just me, or does it seem like RGIII is WAAAY overhyped?

How so?

Second best QB in the draft behind Luck.

Sounds like a kid with his head on straight, son of two military parents.

The 'Skins are getting a franchise QB by all accounts.

The one thing I find scary about him is watching him throw he at least looks to be pretty accurate and likes to pass first but he has the legs of Vick.

How so?

Second best QB in the draft behind Luck.

Sounds like a kid with his head on straight, son of two military parents.

The 'Skins are getting a franchise QB by all accounts.

The one thing I find scary about him is watching him throw he at least looks to be pretty accurate and likes to pass first but he has the legs of Vick.

After Ryan Leaf, I stopped judging QBs by their college performance. This guy has all the tools and looks to be great.....JUST like Leaf.

I dont really have alot of reasons why, it seems like he should be good. But my gut tells me hes a bust. You say he throws 1st, to me, he clearly runs first. He looks fragile too. Doesnt look like he can take a hit. The thing we dont know, is does he have the mental capability to run a screwed up franchise with no real RB? Military parents? Big deal. I know a lot of kids I grew up with who had military parents who are currently on crack.

After Ryan Leaf, I stopped judging QBs by their college performance. This guy has all the tools and looks to be great.....JUST like Leaf.

I dont really have alot of reasons why, it seems like he should be good. But my gut tells me hes a bust. You say he throws 1st, to me, he clearly runs first. He looks fragile too. Doesnt look like he can take a hit. The thing we dont know, is does he have the mental capability to run a screwed up franchise with no real RB? Military parents? Big deal. I know a lot of kids I grew up with who had military parents who are currently on crack.

So by this logic Eli Manning to you looked like Ryan Leaf coming out of college.

Good to know.

So by this logic Eli Manning to you looked like Ryan Leaf coming out of college.

Good to know.

LOL...no. How did you get that from my reply? :huh:

I meant, just because someone did well in college, or has all the tools to succeed in the pros, doesnt mean they will do well in the pros. He looks like a keeper, RGIII, something tells me he's not.

We'll see how talented Garcon really is on his own accord compared to how good Peyton made him look. I'm not overly worried about Garcon and Josh Morgan....they don't scare me all that much.

That said, they're not bad pickups for the Redskins. They're not the big, flashy names that the Redskins are known for getting. I think they may have overpaid Garcon a bit, but if they think he can contribute at a high level for RG3, than I can't be too critical.

We'll see how talented Garcon really is on his own accord compared to how good Peyton made him look. I'm not overly worried about Garcon and Josh Morgan....they don't scare me all that much.

That said, they're not bad pickups for the Redskins. They're not the big, flashy names that the Redskins are known for getting. I think they may have overpaid Garcon a bit, but if they think he can contribute at a high level for RG3, than I can't be too critical.

I give you props on being impartial when discussing rivals. I hope they all flat out suck....lol

RGIII was valedictorian of his class... I don't think mental capacity is a concern.

Personally, I've got a good feeling about the guy.

RGIII was valedictorian of his class... I don't think mental capacity is a concern.

Personally, I've got a good feeling about the guy.

Yeah, he seems to be very intelligent. I was talking football mental capacity. Its different. Being able to solve trigonometry(sp?) is one thing, reading defenses and calling audibles is another. Like I said, he seems to have what it takes, I just dont see it coming to fruition.

I give you props on being impartial when discussing rivals. I hope they all flat out suck....lol

Don't get me wrong, I hope they draft RG3, and he promptly gets hit by a fucking truck, thereby ruining his NFL career forever, and as such, screwing the Redskins right up their own ass...the only thing that'd be better is if JPP was said truck...but I try to be objective when discussing a rival's acquisitions.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they draft RG3, and he promptly gets hit by a fucking truck, thereby ruining his NFL career forever, and as such, screwing the Redskins right up their own ass...the only thing that'd be better is if JPP was said truck...but I try to be objective when discussing a rival's acquisitions.

LOL.....AMEN!!!!! ME TOO!

Yeah, he seems to be very intelligent. I was talking football mental capacity. Its different. Being able to solve trigonometry(sp?) is one thing, reading defenses and calling audibles is another. Like I said, he seems to have what it takes, I just dont see it coming to fruition.

Or spelling trigonom.... trygin...trig.... whatever.... right, LOL...

But its not really that different. There's a reason NFL QBs are almost always bright guys. But I know what you mean, sometimes you get someone who is smart but can't really get it done in the moment, under pressure... I think thats where so many of these QBs fail... before the draft you pretty much know if a player is smart enough or athletic enough, but you can't know that the guy is going to man up when five very large, fast men are bearing down on him.

Until I found out the Redskins were taking him, my guess is that RGIII would pan out, and its Luck that is the annual QB bust. But now... I'm revising my expectations.

Well that was mean and hateful lol.

Nah I have no ill feelings towards the skins... I like our rivals not to suck so we don't stoop down to their level... there's a reason we lost to them twice last year.. .because THEY sucked.

Nah I have no ill feelings towards the skins... I like our rivals not to suck so we don't stoop down to their level... there's a reason we lost to them twice last year.. .because THEY sucked.

Look, I hope he lives a long, prosperous life and wish him all the best, right up until it comes to how it affects the Giants. I'm a fan of the Giants first and his well being se..well, far from second...but you get the picture.

FUCK ALL DIV RIVALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I initially had big doubts on RGIII... I had thought you win championships with true pocket passers. But the more I learned about him, the more I like him. Has big numbers throwing the ball (in terms of yardage and completion %) made the players around him better, has 4.4-4.5 speed, and seems to be extremely bright. He led Baylor to some big wins that Baylor usually doesn't win. The only negative on him that I can see is he's only 6'2", which is not ideal height for a QB. But that is mitigated to a degree by his ability to run.

I don't think even Peyton made him look that good. That's how ho hum he is. He's a "everyone else is double covered" type of receiver.

I initially had big doubts on RGIII... I had thought you win championships with true pocket passers. But the more I learned about him, the more I like him. Has big numbers throwing the ball (in terms of yardage and completion %) made the players around him better, has 4.4-4.5 speed, and seems to be extremely bright. He led Baylor to some big wins that Baylor usually doesn't win. The only negative on him that I can see is he's only 6'2", which is not ideal height for a QB. But that is mitigated to a degree by his ability to run.

Isn't Drew Brees the same height?