SportsWrath

Giants to open 2012 NFL regular season Wednesday, Sept. 5

Nas

he Super Bowl champs will host the NFL regular season opener as usual.

Here's the unusual part: the game will be played on the Wednesday after Labor Day, not Thursday.

The Giants will host a to-be-determined opponent on Sept. 5 at 8:30 p.m., with the game being televised by NBC. It'll be the first time since 2002, when the league introduced an opening-night game in advance of Week 1's Sunday slate, the game won't be played on Thursday.

The reason the opener was moved up a day this year is because the NFL wanted to avoid a conflict with President Obama's speech at the Democratic National Convention on that Thursday. (The Giants will visit Obama at The White House sometime this spring.)

5:27 p.m. UPDATE I just remembered the NFL had a similar conflict in 2008 and decided to move kickoff of Giants-Redskins up to 7 p.m. to avoid a conflict with the Republican National Convention. This year, they decided to switch the day, not the time, of the game.

Per NFL lead editor of media publications (and former Giants intern) Jon Zimmer, it'll be the first NFL game on a Wednesday since Rams-Lions on Sept. 22, 1948.

Full article

http://www.nj.com/gi...nfl_regula.html

Fuck this!!!

I work evenings on wednesdays till 9!!! That means missing 30 mins!!!

If it had stayed the normal day. I have off on thursdays!!! Screw Obama!

Don't worry Osi, you're going to be sick that day ::cough::