SportsWrath

Super Bowl Team Battle Royal

Dragon

I asked this question when we won SB42 so I'm asking again. If they played each other, who wins?

86 vs 90

86 vs 2000

86 vs 07

86 vs 11

90 vs 2000

90 vs 07

90 vs 11

2000 vs 07

2000 vs 11

07 vs 11

Who you got?

Obviously I think 86 kicks everyone's asses, but the other games are interesting to me... Especially 07 vs 11. Could our 07 D shut down 11 Eli and our receivers?

I don't think so........ I'm not thinking that D was all that special... say in comparison to the 86' and 90' LT defenses. ...I might even give the edge to 11' D over the 07 D....as long as I get to just count the last 6 games or so:)

C Wagon

I don't think so........ I'm not thinking that D was all that special... say in comparison to the 86' and 90' LT defenses. ...I might even give the edge to 11' D over the 07 D....as long as I get to just count the last 6 games or so:)

C Wagon

I say just to make it easy we take each team playing their absolute best football.

As far as 07 vs 11 defense I think the Dlines are equal, but I think the current secondary is better than 07 because I think Rolle, Phillips and Grant are better than Johnson and Wilson. I remember Pierce and Mitchell but I can't remember who took over after Kiwi went down with the injury so I can't make an assessment.

I don't think any team from today could compete with the hard hitting defenses of the 80's.

Yea... Like I said I think 86 would destroy everyone else. I wish there was some way to go back in time so I could personally witness what most believe to be the greatest Giants team of all time outside of America's Game.

I say just to make it easy we take each team playing their absolute best football.

As far as 07 vs 11 defense I think the Dlines are equal, but I think the current secondary is better than 07 because I think Rolle, Phillips and Grant are better than Johnson and Wilson. I remember Pierce and Mitchell but I can't remember who took over after Kiwi went down with the injury so I can't make an assessment.

Reggie Torbor

Everyone at their best?

Then '00 might beat both '07 and '11.

I mean I don't think '07 or '11 had a game like the 41-0 bashing of the Vikings, granted it was followed up by XXXV...

Everyone at their best?

Then '00 might beat both '07 and '11.

I mean I don't think '07 or '11 had a game like the 41-0 bashing of the Vikings, granted it was followed up by XXXV...

Which is y I find these matchups so intriguing. The thing about 2000 is we ran into a World Beater Defense and let one play spin momentum for the entire game (Phantom Defensive Holding). I still think 07 would win though. Our Oline in 2000 was old as hell and the 07 front 4 would've had a field day against Collins. The issue would've been stopping Tiki Barber.

I think 2000 vs. 11 ends up a Shootout with 11 taking the game. Nothing against 2000, but there's no one to match up with the receivers. The 2000 defense would get torched unless Strahan had a career day.

Which is y I find these matchups so intriguing. The thing about 2000 is we ran into a World Beater Defense and let one play spin momentum for the entire game (Phantom Defensive Holding). I still think 07 would win though. Our Oline in 2000 was old as hell and the 07 front 4 would've had a field day against Collins. The issue would've been stopping Tiki Barber.

I think 2000 vs. 11 ends up a Shootout with 11 taking the game. Nothing against 2000, but there's no one to match up with the receivers. The 2000 defense would get torched unless Strahan had a career day.

I see where you're coming from.

I don't think 07 or 11 would've been able to run on 00, Strahan Armstead Barrow The Hammer would've shut down Bradshaw and Jacobs. Both 07 and 11 running over Collins is a good point. It would really come down to the 00 oline play, with time Collins would be able to pass over these LBers. Tiki would be running a clinic on how to run a screen pass (unless Pierce sniffs it out...hmm).

As far as the 11 receivers, I think Sehorn would take out one, but Dave Thomas would get smoked by another. It would be the throw at Dave Thomas Day. Stoutmire and Garnes would be laying down some hits though.